• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

8 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Unless it interferes with other moves Minasian deems necessary.  Of course, it's not my money.

The best thing Arte can do is make it the both of best worlds if he's willing to blow past tax
If Arte is determined to get Bauer no matter what then he should allow Minasian to pursue bullpen/rf depth still.
That would allow the Angels to become a very dominant team.

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

First time I saw Grease was in the late 1990's and I wasn't quite a teenager. I'd like to think that Olivia Newton John, along with Britney Spears and basic biology had a lot to do with jumpstarting my adolescence. 

Buddy, I can tell you with zero uncertainty that Olivia Newton John in that movie was an uncontrollable but quite conscious change in that 12 year old version of me.  Even my Dad was asking me, “What the in hell is going on with you?”

3 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

Who knows... came across it and looked through his Twitter feed. Figured I’d post 

I call bs on this. 

Arte has aready spent close to 25 mil this year, and the team is still looking to add more. 

If they wanted, instead of spending the 25 mil that has been spend, it could have easily gone towards bauer.

20 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I call bs on this. 

Arte has aready spent close to 25 mil this year, and the team is still looking to add more. 

If they wanted, instead of spending the 25 mil that has been spend, it could have easily gone towards bauer.

I asked the guy saying if this came from someone with connections from the front office and he confirmed. 

7 minutes ago, EdmontonAngelsFan said:

Another thing that strikes me as interesting about that quote: He doesn't say whether the Angels are interested. Seems to assume, though, that they are.  Suggests Arte still has money to spend. Passan would be someone who would know if anyone does. 

Just a thought. 

2 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Another thing that strikes me as interesting about that quote: He doesn't say whether the Angels are interested. Seems to assume, though, that they are.  Suggests Arte still has money to spend. Passan would be someone who would know if anyone does. 

Just a thought. 

Every reporter is basing our interest in Bauer only because of need. I don't think there's been any report of us legitimately being interested in him since the offseason started.

9 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Every reporter is basing our interest in Bauer only because of need. I don't think there's been any report of us legitimately being interested in him since the offseason started.

Could be. Only point was it's interesting that there's been no report that the Angels are out or that he's out of their price range, or that they never really seriously pursued him. I understand the Angels tend to play things quiet, but those stories tend to come out when they're not interested and be absent when they're actually pursuing someone.

4 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

Who knows... came across it and looked through his Twitter feed. Figured I’d post 

That does sound like something Arte Moreno would do, but I can't really trust some random dude on Twitter.

14 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Yep. The only linking between the two has been based on people looking at the Angels clear need.

I'm Just going to say that no one knows what bauer wants.

Just two weeks ago, it was mentioned the the Angels, Mets and Giants were in on Bauer

Last week to went to the Angels and Jays

Than a few days ago it said Angels/jays were the front runners

Than yesterday, the Mets offered a contract...a big contract...but wait nope no contract, wait they did offer a contract.....several weeks ago.

22 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Yep. The only linking between the two has been based on people looking at the Angels clear need.

You know what Passan knows? How clairvoyant of you. I guarantee Passan knows more than we do. Does he know if there's serious interest? Maybe, maybe not. But he isn't Jon Heyman or Boob Nightengale. If he's not reporting they're out, he's probably not basing it on just, "Uh....Angels need pitching, and, Uh...Oh, Bauer's available."

2 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

You know what Passan knows? How clairvoyant of you. I guarantee Passan knows more than we do. Does he know if there's serious interest? Maybe, maybe not. But he isn't Jon Heyman or Boob Nightengale. If he's not reporting they're out, he's probably not basing it on just, "Uh....Angels need pitching, and, Uh...Oh, Bauer's available."

All I was saying is we haven't directly seen/heard a reporter say: "The Angels are interested in Trevor Bauer" or "The Angels are pursuing Trevor Bauer" or "The Angels have made an offer to Trevor Bauer."