• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

4 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

She's literally the only one who has this information. Fletcher didn't, and he's been around here a lot longer than any of the others. I don't think there was any reason last week to assume she was reporting anything beyond what was obvious on the surface. What was new yesterday and had not been previously reported (if accurate) is Callaway and Bauer won't work together. That was speculated before, but she reported from someone in the present that it's almost certainly unworkable. I don't know if that's accurate or not, but until yesterday there was no reason to believe she knew anything definitive. That's a fact. 

Just because he’s been around longer don’t mean jack.

You guys do you. 

But it sounds like unless Arte comes in and signs Bauer himself, it’s over

59 minutes ago, EdmontonAngelsFan said:

She seemed to get a little defensive in some of the replies on that tweet. Kind of like she' saying I'm right and you dummy Tweeters don't know what you're talking about.

People act like assholes on Twitter, etc. Moreso than usual.  I dont blame media members for being defensive.  It gets tiresome for me and I dont post on such sites. Can't imagine reading it constantly and reading shit thats posted about myself there... or here.

Stop acting like know it all assholes just because you disagree with people. 

13 minutes ago, ScottT said:

People act like assholes on Twitter, etc. Moreso than usual.  I dont blame media members for being defensive.  It gets tiresome for me and I dont post on such sites. Can't imagine reading it constantly and reading shit thats posted about myself there... or here.

Stop acting like know it all assholes just because you disagree with people. 

Fair enough. I don't follow her but I get what you're saying.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

OR, or, or, she's full. Of. Shit.

Just as likely.

Does this FO leak information like that to beat writers, ever? We never find out whether we we're in on a player or not until after that player signs.

Exactly.

As one who used to have a few respected sources/contacts better known here as "birdies" within the organization, those same people have been wrong many times in how they've interpreted what they've heard internally, nor were they privy to how things changed over time in the GM's chamber as discussions continued. 

I say all of that to say this. While Maria may have been told information from a member of the org and that may have been true for this past Monday, a phone call or text on Thursday can completely change the trajectory of a move in terms of signing a free agent or responding to a trade offer completely rejected earlier in the week, only to be brought back up today with just a minor tweak.  

6 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Exactly.

As one who used to have a few respected sources/contacts better known here as "birdies" within the organization, those same people have been wrong many times in how they've interpreted what they've heard internally, nor were they privy to how things changed over time in the GM's chamber as discussions continued. 

I say all of that to say this. While Maria may have been told information from a member of the org and that may have been true for this past Monday, a phone call or text on Thursday can completely change the trajectory of a move in terms of signing a free agent or responding to a trade offer completely rejected earlier in the week, only to be brought back up today with just a minor tweak.  

Yes but that doesn't make for a good story. 

"The Angels may not be in on Trevor Bauer, but tomorrow, they may also be the favorites to sign him. I don't know."

And that's the problem with what Maria is doing. It's clickbait. The likelihood of her having an inside source with Bauer or the New Angels front office is slim to none. Closer to none. You have just as many sources as she does, Chuck. But for her to peddle her opinions as validated due to expertise when it's anything but expert comparatively speaking in regards to Fletcher, Bollinger or anyone else.... it's inauthentic. It's crap. 

3 hours ago, T.G. said:

This whole thing reminds me of junior high school girls gathering in the halls trying to figure out if a certain boy likes one of them.  

yep, only they text instead of passing notes.

any note i intercepted over the years i read. some of the most mundane stuff you ever read. kind of twitter for baseball writers during the off season.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

You should see the recipes thread in the off topic forum... brutal...

Tell @Tank garlic powder and garlic salt are the same thing and watch what happens....

i don't know how many times i have to tell you that it has to do with the amount of salt included. it's like i'm talking to a wall.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Exactly.

Most of the article, though, is what we've know basically the whole offseason. Virtually nothing was new except the quote re: Bauer and Callaway, which may or may not be accurate. She is correct, though, that Bauer, at least on paper, is a lot less likely to come here than national reporters were suggesting. 

17 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Most of the article, though, is what we've know basically the whole offseason. Virtually nothing was new except the quote re: Bauer and Callaway, which may or may not be accurate. She is correct, though, that Bauer, at least on paper, is a lot less likely to come here than national reporters were suggesting. 

The elephant in the room has always been where Bauer would fit into Arte’s “we’re not lowering the budget” statement.  The statement is somewhat open to interpretation but, taken literally, it meant signing Bauer was always going to be a challenge for Minasian.  

4 hours ago, Second Base said:

Yes but that doesn't make for a good story. 

"The Angels may not be in on Trevor Bauer, but tomorrow, they may also be the favorites to sign him. I don't know."

And that's the problem with what Maria is doing. It's clickbait. The likelihood of her having an inside source with Bauer or the New Angels front office is slim to none. Closer to none. You have just as many sources as she does, Chuck. But for her to peddle her opinions as validated due to expertise when it's anything but expert comparatively speaking in regards to Fletcher, Bollinger or anyone else.... it's inauthentic. It's crap. 

Jesus Christ, people, lighten up.  I also bet if the name on the byline was Mario Torres instead of Maria, you guys wouldn't be crucifying the writer like you are. 

Edited by jsnpritchett

11 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Jesus Christ, people, lighten up.  I also bet if the name on the byline was Mario Torres instead of Maria, you guys wouldn't be crucifying the writer like you are. 

The fuck is that supposed to mean?