• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Andrelton Simmons next to be traded?

Chuck

r350612_1296x729_16-9.jpg

My Prediction: Traded to the New York Yankees. 

The Yankees have lost Gleyber Torres for 3-6 weeks and even prior to his injury he's looked nothing close to his 2019 campaign, both offensively & defensively. 

His replacement Tyler Wade is slashing a robust .167/.257/.490 and is nowhere near as good defensively at SS as Simmons. The backup to Wade is Jordy Mercer who isn't worth a bag of gum balls. 

The Return: The Angels land either active RHP Jonathan Loaisiga or one of the following SP prospects: Luis Gil, Luis Medina, Roansy Contreras or Alexander Vizcaino.

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

r350612_1296x729_16-9.jpg

My Prediction: Traded to the New York Yankees. 

The Yankees have lost Gleyber Torres for 3-6 weeks and prior to his injury he's looked anything close to his 2019 campaign on both sides of the game. 

His replacement Tyler Wade is slashing a robust .167/.257/.490 and is nowhere near as good defensively at SS as Simmons. The backup to Wade is Jordy Mercer who isn't worth a bag of gum balls. 

The Return: The Angels land either active RHP Jonathan Loaisiga or one of the following SP prospects: Luis Gil, Luis Medina, Roansy Contreras or Alexander Vizcaino.

A1EB4615-181B-453B-9028-B2FD93FF82ED.jpeg

I like it, yesterday I imagined him in a Yankee jersey and he looks dope.  I do not love or hate the Yankees just a neutral observation because we are likely to let him go, gotta get used to it.

Yankees need that Jeter like defense and veteran presence at SS and he would be their best hitting SS this season, it all makes sense for them. 

Now to sell this angle and get the most value.

2 minutes ago, Angel said:

He was great for a while

He really wasn’t. That was a narrative among fans and journos who knew jack all about measuring defense. He was flashy and rarely made errors, but his range was mediocre. People look at defensive awards, but those are voted on by people looking at highlights and voting based on rep. Don’t let any of that fool you. He was never an elite defensive SS.

8 hours ago, Angel said:

It's a selling point regardless, nobody remembers Jeter as a good or bad defender, but flashy.  Simmons is a little less flashy I guess because he makes things look easier.

You're not very bright, are you?