• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thank you, Mr. President!

5 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Well, there's no doubt that he's often tone deaf, and whoever advised him to stand there with that Bible, well that was dumb. But it was far from the heights of blasphemy and sacrilege which the media is painting it today. They hate his guts and are 24/7 advocates for his removal. There's zero credibility at CNN and even Fox is pretty much worthless. "Just the facts" means nothing anymore. Everyone is a political advocate. It's compounded by the mutual animosity in families and among the general population if people dare to desire a conversation about opposing viewpoints with mutual respect for their differences and mutual regard for their dignity. If you support Trump in any way, you're evil. That's about the size of it.

After reading the first 9 words of this post, I started a countdown for the inevitable appearance of the word "but." This was an easy call.

20 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

His little photo op was silly and inappropriate, especially how they cleared out the protesters with tear gas beforehand, but hardly the most evil thing that ever happened, which is pretty much how social media is treating it today. Some of the things I'm reading are unreal. 

We have an unbelievable divide in this country. It's really scary the hatred, the sheer 24/7 anger being carried around by millions of people against the president and conservatives. 

You know what the poor, downtrodden conservatives should do? They could have literally the most peaceful protest of all time to bring awareness to their plight. They could just wait til sports are on again and take a knee during the anthem. I bet that would get everyone talking about their situation

Edited by arch stanton

If states were able to prevent people from looting and rioting then he wouldn't have any grounds to mention the military.  The way it's been handled in NY is just a head scratcher as Deblasio either didn't take it seriously, thought the rioters would get it out of their system or he's just inept.  No curfew until a few days ago at which point it was 11pm.  How is law enforcement supposed to clear the streets at 11pm at night in a city like New York?  Makes more sense to do earlier curfews which a lot of cities have started to do so they can clear the streets before nightfall.  In some areas that have been dealing with looting and rioting for days it stopped being about Floyd or police brutality a while ago. I don't want to see it get to the point where the military may be needed but in some areas it has.  Trump has done nothing but fan the flames but no matter what he said or did there was going to be looting and rioting if things got out of hand and it's up to local authorities to deal with it first.

On 5/31/2020 at 10:55 AM, Rico said:

Destroying property isn't ruining lives.  Ruining lives is when police kill a man and the department tries to cover for the murderer.  

Sorry Rico, but this is a really dumb statement.  I'm sorry this is late, but today is my first day home since Saturday.  

I'm not sure if you've ever been around a person who has put their heart and soul into their dream, only to lose everything because of something like this.  I have.  It's heart wrenching.

This isn't about apples and oranges.  Taking a man into custody by putting your knee on his carotid artery for 8 minutes in complete bullshit.  I'm pretty sure we can all agree with that, and for that, those responsible should/will be held accountable (let's hope).

But to try and compare that with lawlessness and anarchy under the guise of doing it "for George" is complete bullshit.  

Edited by PattyD22

8 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Sorry Rico, but this is a really dumb statement.  I'm sorry this is late, but today is my first day home since Saturday.  

I'm not sure if you've ever been around a person who has put their heart and soul into their dream, only to lose everything because of something like this.  I have.  It's heart wrenching.

This isn't about apples and oranges.  Taking a man into custody by putting your knee on his carotid artery for 8 minutes in complete bullshit.  I'm pretty sure we can all agree with that, and for that, those responsible should/will be held accountable (let's hope).

But to try and compare that with lawlessness and anarchy under the guise of doing it "for George" is complete bullshit.  

They tried peacefully protesting and y'all didn't listen.  Kaepernick takes a knee and is called a thug and anti-American.

These protests and looting are bigger than this just one incident.  Truth is too many of you don't really care about black lives.  You accepted the status quo because it didn't affect you.  Now looting does affect you, do they have your attention now?  Or do you still care more about things/property than black lives?  

6 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

It's horrible that an innocent black man was killed, it's horrible that property is being destroyed, and they both need to stop.

I'm pretty sure Jesus Christ preached forgiveness and not revenge.

How many slaps to the cheek can you take before you say, "Hey, this isn't working."