• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thank you, Mr. President!

52 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Sorry Rico, but this is a really dumb statement.  I'm sorry this is late, but today is my first day home since Saturday.  

I'm not sure if you've ever been around a person who has put their heart and soul into their dream, only to lose everything because of something like this.  I have.  It's heart wrenching.

This isn't about apples and oranges.  Taking a man into custody by putting your knee on his carotid artery for 8 minutes in complete bullshit.  I'm pretty sure we can all agree with that, and for that, those responsible should/will be held accountable (let's hope).

But to try and compare that with lawlessness and anarchy under the guise of doing it "for George" is complete bullshit.  

It sucks for the business owners big time, but it’s funny for the people doing the looting because they go back to their tiny apartment with a TV too big and continue living their sad, poor lives. 

19 minutes ago, Franklin Bluth said:

Rico's "Destroyed property doesn't ruin lives" has served as such an easy strawman in this thread. I'm wondering if Rico is a Russian right-wing AW asset.

Because it is an incredibly ignorant thing to say.  Tank already told him early on it isn’t a contest.  

26 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Can we not forget he was high on speed and fentanyl and had just passed a phony bill at a liquor store?  People need to stop saying he was “innocent”.  Someday black people may have a dead dude with clean hands to rally around.  But, again, as with last time, and the time before that, and the time before that, this was not that time.

It’s not what people want to hear, but those are the facts.

All punishable by the death penalty, too.

1 hour ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

56 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

...and also you support Donald Trump. Either you don't give two shits about the values espoused in those quotes and you're a real POS or you're just an idiot trolling.

17 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Because it is an incredibly ignorant thing to say.  Tank already told him early on it isn’t a contest.  

And I’m sorry about that Strad.  I haven’t been near the board in 5 days and it was going to be impossible to go through 150 pages of posts.

This one was early on in the topic and caught my eye.

And I wholeheartedly agree with Tank.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

They tried peacefully protesting and y'all didn't listen.  Kaepernick takes a knee and is called a thug and anti-American.

These protests and looting are bigger than this just one incident.  Truth is too many of you don't really care about black lives.  You accepted the status quo because it didn't affect you.  Now looting does affect you, do they have your attention now?  Or do you still care more about things/property than black lives?  

9 unarmed blacks were shot by police last year. 9 is a typical black on black murder weekend in Chicago. 

3 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

And I’m sorry about that Strad.  I haven’t been near the board in 5 days and it was going to be impossible to go through 150 pages of posts.

This one was early on in the topic and caught my eye.

And I wholeheartedly agree with Tank.

Oh, I wasn’t calling you out.  It is completely reasonable to think both things suck.  No one is comparing death to looting.  But it is completely reasonable to say looting is shitty.  

On 6/1/2020 at 3:12 PM, Adam said:

I love that some republican politicians are calling for military intervention. How about you cry some fucking tears and legitimately pledge to be a better a person and be accountable for ignoring the very real plight black people have in this country. Repeat the speech that black parents give their male sons about the dangers of walking around in public. Get those who are both civil and marginalized on your side. 

They need to add stop shooting blacks to that speech 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Oh, I wasn’t calling you out.  It is completely reasonable to think both things suck.  No one is comparing death to looting.  But it is completely reasonable to say looting is shitty.  

To compare criminal activity to criminal activity and say it’s OK under the guise of “somebody’s honor” is wrong.  The message and the reason is completely lost. 

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

Can we not forget he was high on speed and fentanyl and had just passed a phony bill at a liquor store?  People need to stop saying he was “innocent”.  Someday black people may have a dead dude with clean hands to rally around.  But, again, as with last time, and the time before that, and the time before that, this was not that time.

It’s not what people want to hear, but those are the facts.

Pretty sure he committed armed robbery years ago. 

17 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

But the problem is when you tell them they can't loot, kneel, or write strongly-worded emails, and you also just completely ignore the real problem.

Fix the police and you stop the looting. I mean maybe people will try to find another reason to loot, but let's find out first.

Oh bullshit.  You think if we fix the police then no one will loot again?  My guess is shitty people will do shitty things, whether that is loot or murder a black person.