• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thank you, Mr. President!

24 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

But the problem is when you tell them they can't loot, kneel, or write strongly-worded emails, and you also just completely ignore the real problem.

Seriously?  Kneeling and strongly worded e mails are not crimes.  One of these is NOT like the other 2.  Come on man, seriously?

44 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Murder > looting

That being said, fuck looters.  

See all this disdain you have for the looters.  Imagine if you had that same energy towards police brutality.

You can say both suck, but only the looting inconveniences you enough that you are on here arguing with me.

6 minutes ago, Rico said:

See all this disdain you have for the looters.  Imagine if you had that same energy towards police brutality.

You can say both suck, but only the looting inconveniences you enough that you are on here arguing with me.

Jesus Christ.  Am I on planet earth?  I sat side by side with these morons for 4 days putting out their fires.  Writing Fire Reports for people I had never met.

So help me out Rico.  Now that a Vegas Cop was killed by rioters and another St Louis Cop was killed in his shop, does that make it OK?

Seriously brother.  Violence vs violence is never the answer.  Never.  If you want people to support the cause, then you use the peaceful method, regardless if you think people aren’t paying attention.  Guess what?  They are, regardless of what you or others think.  I was there.  I was there in 1992 also.  On the front lines trying help people.

Violence is NEVER the answer.  Ever. 

2 hours ago, calscuf said:

Can we not forget he was high on speed and fentanyl and had just passed a phony bill at a liquor store?  People need to stop saying he was “innocent”.  Someday black people may have a dead dude with clean hands to rally around.  But, again, as with last time, and the time before that, and the time before that, this was not that time.

It’s not what people want to hear, but those are the facts.

Meh they do. Ahmaud Arbery  went for a jog ends up dead with a police department basically covering it up and doing nothing until someone leaks the video.

George Floyd getting all the press now but this was in the news a lot up until this. The two happening so close together just made things worse.

1 minute ago, PattyD22 said:

So help me out Rico.  Now that a Vegas Cop was killed by rioters and another St Louis Cop was killed in his shop, does that make it OK?

Absolutely not.  I've been talking about looting and property damage.  I certainly don't condone violence against another human being, be it protestor, police, or that stupid sword guy.

I'm just here saying we wouldn't be in this situation if more people cared about what was happening to black lives. 

6 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Meh they do. Ahmaud Arbery  went for a jog ends up dead with a police department basically covering it up and doing nothing until someone leaks the video.

George Floyd getting all the press now but this was in the news a lot up until this. The two happening so close together just made things worse.

Breonna Taylor as well.

2 hours ago, calscuf said:

Can we not forget he was high on speed and fentanyl and had just passed a phony bill at a liquor store?  People need to stop saying he was “innocent”.  Someday black people may have a dead dude with clean hands to rally around.  But, again, as with last time, and the time before that, and the time before that, this was not that time.

It’s not what people want to hear, but those are the facts.

I was talking about this earlier today. A big part of the issue comes down to how the white community sees getting high, passing a fake bill to buy dinner and resisting arrest versus how the black community sees it. There is a different standard of ethics between cultures and I don't know what the fix is because that shit isn't changing anytime soon.

1 hour ago, PattyD22 said:

Seriously?  Kneeling and strongly worded e mails are not crimes.  One of these is NOT like the other 2.  Come on man, seriously?

The point is how people treated Kapernick for taking a knee to express his anger at a situation that now has half of America on curfew.

35 minutes ago, Rico said:

See how you pretend to know my level of disdain of anything?   That’s cute.  

11 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I was talking about this earlier today. A big part of the issue comes down to how the white community sees getting high, passing a fake bill to buy dinner and resisting arrest versus how the black community sees it. There is a different standard of ethics between cultures and I don't know what the fix is because that shit isn't changing anytime soon.

But I would hope that everyone agrees that when an unarmed, handcuffed suspect dies at the hands of the police then something has gone very wrong and it is always a big deal

43 minutes ago, Rico said:

Imagine if you spent just a little time trying to understand nuance.  

Just now, arch stanton said:

But I would hope that everyone agrees that when an unarmed, handcuffed suspect dies at the hands of the police then something has gone very wrong and it is always a big deal

It should never happen but did 39 times out of 10 million arrest. On 9 occasions a black person was killed. This isn’t genocide 

5 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

This misses the point I was trying to make. As long as there are police there will be unnecessary deaths at their hands. White people die at the hands of police too but there is no outrage there, the outrage comes from one community and until we collectively understand why there will not be progress.

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

This misses the point I was trying to make. As long as there are police there will be unnecessary deaths at their hands. White people die at the hands of police too but there is no outrage there, the outrage comes from one community and until we collectively understand why there will not be progress.

Notice that I didn't mention race or even this specific incident. I want anyone who is given the authority to detain someone in the name of the people to be held to the simple standard of delivering them in one piece and still breathing. If everyone had shown real outrage when this happened we could tackle one problem at a time. Waiting allows for multiple groups with multiple agendas to hijack the situation. But hey, judging from the responses on this board the way to get everyone's attention is to tell them that the cop threw him through a store window

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

Your posts have been 90% "fuck looters", and 10% "murder is bad too I guess."

Well I have made how I feel about which is worse perfectly clear.  Also it’s adorable you would critique someone about their posting style in this forum.   Have you even read your myopic shit, it’s ridiculous.  Oh murder is really really bad.   Looting is kinda bad.   Looting in response to an unjust murder is bad.   Not as bad as murder, but pathetically bad.  

19 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Notice that I didn't mention race or even this specific incident. I want anyone who is given the authority to detain someone in the name of the people to be held to the simple standard of delivering them in one piece and still breathing. If everyone had shown real outrage when this happened we could tackle one problem at a time. Waiting allows for multiple groups with multiple agendas to hijack the situation. But hey, judging from the responses on this board the way to get everyone's attention is to tell them that the cop threw him through a store window

It's completely unsurprising you're right, and I agree with your sentiment completely, but this issue, the one that has truly sparked all the outrange is not something that can be discussed without talking specifically about race.

18 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Alright but see the stats that cals posted yesterday (not sure how you missed it). There is statistically significant bias against blacks.

Of course that doesn't explain why one specific incident or three sets this off, since we don't see or react like this to the white deaths. But the agita is backed up by the stats.

I don't disagree blacks are more likely to be victims of police brutality. We need both sides to work together. I have seen police apologize and black deaths by cops has declined the last few years. We are not seeing black leaders address the criminal behavior that is leading to the arrest to start with. I understand black parents warning their kids about the potential dangers of dealing with cops. Hopefully, the lecture  also includes the dangers of criminal behavior and black on black crime.

Drugs and crime are not solely black issues by any means. Every underachieving community makes excuses but the media tends to condone these excuses by blacks more than any other race. Black leaders need to address fatherless homes and perpetual bad behavior in the community. Instead, achieving black leaders are mostly glorifying bad behavior or condoning it by being over sympathetic. I know my family has winners and losers, The difference is we step up and speak truth to each other. my cousin was complaining and blaming teachers about his kids lack of success in school. i had to point out he shouldnt have married in the family to start with. his narrowing of the gene pool only makes the teachers job more difficult. also advised him to have the kids take a bath and change clothes more often. The black community needs this tough love from its leaders. Lebron needs to pull his pants up and advise youth to do the same. You have to adapt to the battlefield you are on.  Stop complaining about the rules and learn to play the game.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Because it is an incredibly ignorant thing to say.  Tank already told him early on it isn’t a contest.  

You missed my point, strad. I called it a "strawman" because it's an extreme view that nobody here (except Rico) believes, yet it's become the talking point that everyone continues debating against.

It would be like someone running in and yelling, "I eat puppies, and you should too!" and 25% of the posts in the thread are devoted to arguing against that point.

No offense, Rico.

Edited by Franklin Bluth