• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

11 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Dodgers acquiring a prospect from another team just so they can ship them to Boston? Fuck that. They're already getting the best player in this deal in Betts, and are doing so without dipping their toes into any of their top prospects to do so. Make their ass give up somebody like May, Gonsolin, or Josiah Gray if the Sox want a SP prospect so badly.

49 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

The Twins are the ones who are in trouble. Graterol's trade value is completely shot now. They have to make this deal happen.

Why?  All they are getting is Maeda.  If they don't get him, it's not like there would be mass protests.  They'd go back to complaining how Wisconsin sucks.

Doggies on the other hand.  They have pretty much shipped out Maeda, Stripling, and Pederson.  That's a lot of damage control if this trade doesn't go down.

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Why?  All they are getting is Maeda.  If they don't get him, it's not like there would be mass protests.  They'd go back to complaining how Wisconsin sucks.

Doggies on the other hand.  They have pretty much shipped out Maeda, Stripling, and Pederson.  That's a lot of damage control if this trade doesn't go down.

I agree.  Ultimately, I think the Twins actually hold the cards here.  There is no way Betts and Price can return to the Boston dugout.  Furthermore, there aren't many suitors out there willing/able to take on both in the manner the Dodgers have.  Despite the negative press, Boston doesn't have a lot of options but to find a way to make it work.  

If the deal falls through, the Dodgers can easily find partners for the three (two) who might be too hurt to return.  And the Twins' clubhouse will be fine due to the medical report.  

4 minutes ago, Wisconsin27 said:

I agree.  Ultimately, I think the Twins actually hold the cards here.  There is no way Betts and Price can return to the Boston dugout.  Furthermore, there aren't many suitors out there willing/able to take on both in the manner the Dodgers have.  Despite the negative press, Boston doesn't have a lot of options but to find a way to make it work.  

If the deal falls through, the Dodgers can easily find partners for the three (two) who might be too hurt to return.  And the Twins' clubhouse will be fine due to the medical report.  

I think if this falls through.  The Padres will be waiting.  I think the cards are shown what it will take to get it done, and they are definitely at an advantage if they know what cards have already been dealt.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Hmmmm..... maybe we move a better peospect, like Marsh, and aim for a better Dodger pitcher, like May?

(Daydreaming)

I wonder if they'd be willing to give us Gonsolin if we give them Adams to give Boston. He'd instantly slot in as Boston's #2 prospect. Maybe we give them Jones too.

2 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I wonder if they'd be willing to give us Gonsolin if we give them Adams to give Boston. He'd instantly slot in as Boston's #2 prospect. Maybe we give them Jones too.

I have no idea of any prospects value, even less when viewed by other teams.

That said, it would be cool to see us somehow able to take advantage of both teams, who seemingly need to make this deal work.

As much as i hate boston, id even chuckle and clap if somehow they screw the dodgers and send betts to SD for less than they were getting in this deal.

Even better of pederson and stripling are so pissed theyve turned off their phones, and assume its a done deal, and simply show up at our spring training. And we keep rengifo.

Its 2020. Things working out badly for us was so last decade. This decade is going to be good to us.

Twins: this pitcher has high upside.  Had some arm problems so we've converted him to a reliever.  Pitched great in the playoffs throwing over 100mph

Redsox: great,  deal done 

Red Sox fans: wicked bad trade! Haaaaarrrible

Red Sox: we've determined he can't be a starter like we thought,  he's had some arm problems. 

I have fear this thing is done.  Stripling would be a great fit here.