• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

4 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Yea...I like Refigno, but I like the deal more. It addresses a need, while Refigno doesn't really have place right now. I always thought Refigno was going to be a solid player. I didn't think how solid until my friend mentioned Segura. My intial reaction was "this guy is bat shit". Then I thought about it...and it's actually possible. I won't tell him that.

Yeah, the deal as reported makes us better, at least for this season - a Pederson / Goodwin platoon and a hopefully healthy Upton will make us an entertaining offense, at least.  And Stripling has a *lot* of upside - if he stays healthy, and can start, he could be a bit of a steal.

Depending on the prospect we send back ...   

I have to think this last Angels prospect has to be someone who has a really high ceiling and potential but is also someone with a lot of uncertainty. Should be someone the Dodgers really, really like and think they can develop into something special because the deal seems pretty good to be true. Pages essentially seems like Jackson, but in the OF. And maybe better all-around. Or they really, really like Rengifo. Both could be true too.

Adams, Knowles, Deveaux, Kochanowicz, Yan, Soriano or Jackson make the most sense to me...Fabian has made it sound like Adams and Jackson aren’t in the mix though. 

Edited by totdprods

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yea, I think Rengifo is going to be pretty good. 

Even so, you have to make this deal. Not only because Rengifo isn't going to play that much here (especially if we we extend Simmons at some point), but also because our return (Stripling and Pederson should be worth about 5-6 WAR next year; Stripling is old but controllable, and Pages looks like a pretty decent gamble) is too good. 

2 minutes ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

Even so, you have to make this deal. Not only because Rengifo isn't going to play that much here (especially if we we extend Simmons at some point), but also because our return (Stripling and Pederson should be worth about 5-6 WAR next year; Stripling is old but controllable, and Pages looks like a pretty decent gamble) is too good. 

I agree with your point. Also Stripling is 30. I’m not sure I would describe that as old. Not young either though 

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

Segura over the last 4 years:

.301 BA

.346/.442/.788

Rengifo will never have a 4-yr stretch like that. 

Yea, I just looked up Segura and I don’t think Rengifo will be able to post a peak like Segura where he had a 5.5 WAR, but I can see Rengifo putting up 3.5-4.5 WAR seasons pretty regularly.  

5 minutes ago, Hubs said:

He’s Cesar Izturis at best.

Ok, I just looked up Cesar Izturis and Rengifo will be MUCH better than him.  Cesar put up a 6.4 WAR for his entire career.  Rengifo will have that beat in 2 years with regular playing time.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I believe he will be better than that, but then again I could be underestimating Cesar.  

You're not. Cesar was trash. Rengifo already has almost caught up to Cesar in career WAR at age 22.

Rengifo should be a solid 2-3 WAR player a year with full playing time. I don't think he will be as good as Segura, but I think it's a good comparison if he maxed out on his potential.