• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

5 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

I wouldn't call the Dodgers 29th best prospect a plus but I get what you mean. That lower level prospect shouldn't be needed is all I am getting at.

Pages was expected to be somewhere around mid teens in the Dogs org in the next prospects list, and expected to be around 8-10 in the Halos prospects list.

6 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I just hope Refigno doesn’t turn into Jean Segura like my stupid Dodger friend said. I don’t think he will but I hate when dodger fans are right. It perturbs me.

Yea, I think Rengifo is going to be pretty good. 

8 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

This has all been confusing and it's still not official yet. Forgive me if I didn't follow it minute to minute. Was busying with other things.

I haven't followed it minute by minute either.  I am waiting for the final resolution before evaluating the trade.

5 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Would you guys be willing to make the trade much more substantial and get both Maeda and Stripling? Say, Rengifo, Adams, and Chris Rodriguez for Pederson, Stripling, Maeda and Pages?

I would stay with the original trade and treat any trade concerning Maeda as a separate discussion.  It would be in the Dodgers best interest to mesh it all together to minimize their costs.  Including Maeda ignores the reality that the Dodgers need to send another player for Betts.  The Dodgers have the resources to get it done without any help.

28 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Would you guys be willing to make the trade much more substantial and get both Maeda and Stripling? Say, Rengifo, Adams, and Chris Rodriguez for Pederson, Stripling, Maeda and Pages?

I would pass. Maeda is good but I don’t think he moves the needle enough for us to add more prospects when we still have a developing farm. It’s probably a fair trade, but I just don’t think Maeda is the type of pitcher this team needs. We still need an ace type starter to be able to flop out our dicks out on the table with confidence.

Adding Maeda to this deal probably doesn't work for the Angels either.  If you add Maeda to a six-man rotation that includes Ohtani, Heaney, Canning, Bundy, Teheran, and Stripling... who do you bump, assuming they're all healthy?  I think you could make a strong case that you'd bump one of the guys we acquired earlier this offseason (Bundy/Teheran).  I don't think the front office wants that kind of sunk cost.  (Plus, I think we all deep down suspect that Sandoval could be good enough to break into this rotation anyway... and may force the issue if he comes out of the gate strong...)

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

I just hope Refigno doesn’t turn into Jean Segura like my stupid Dodger friend said. I don’t think he will but I hate when dodger fans are right. It perturbs me.

He's just about to turn 23 - I think he's gonna be pretty good.  Segura?  Hmm - I can actually see that .... 😕  

I know what you mean - when a Dodgers fan says "we suck", I'm conflicted on whether or not I should agree with them.  

3 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

He's just about to turn 23 - I think he's gonna be pretty good.  Segura?  Hmm - I can actually see that .... 😕  

I know what you mean - when a Dodgers fan says "we suck", I'm conflicted on whether or not I should agree with them.  

Yea...I like Refigno, but I like the deal more. It addresses a need, while Refigno doesn't really have place right now. I always thought Refigno was going to be a solid player. I didn't think how solid until my friend mentioned Segura. My intial reaction was "this guy is bat shit". Then I thought about it...and it's actually possible. I won't tell him that.