• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

28 minutes ago, ukyah said:

it's been pederson, pages and a major league starter for rengifo and a prospect from the first reports. it has never waivered from that minimum trade. rengifo is the name on our end so depending on the prospect he's actually netted a pretty nice return in this deal.

But narratives....

33 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Okay so then it changed again. Hard to keep up with the constant updates. That's all the info MLBTR has.

*EDIT* I just saw the new tweet so depending on the prospect the Angels are including, Rengifo is worth more than just Joc.

I think you just weren’t following closely. It was reported only as Rengifo for Joc initially. Then more details were added.

First we heard the Angels were sending a non-top prospect to the Dodgers and were getting a major league pitcher (who was widely believed at the time to be Stripling - confirmed this morning) and a prospect (Pages) who is said by analysts to be a top ten prospect for us if the deal goes through (he was around 15-20 for the a Dodgers). 

So what we know so far is the Angels are getting:

- Joc Pederson

- Ross Stripling

- Andy Pages

Dodgers are getting:

- Rengifo

- At least one prospect. Possibly two. 

Most reports have it as one prospect, and Fabian Ardaya reported it as not a top prospect (specifically, not Adell, Marsh, or Jackson - assume Adams doesn’t qualify either).

That is where it currently stands. 

12 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

"Right now" there is no deal....   

As far as the rest of this goes,  you're using incomplete information to point to a conclusion you want.  The only measure of how good Rengifo is, or will be, is what he ends up doing as a MLB player.   

You spiking the ball when you haven't scored is pretty funny at least.

haha!!  I'm totally stealing that.  

If there's one guy that might not be considered a top prospect who I'd be really bummed about giving up, it's Chris Rodriguez.  

And as far as Rengifo is concerned, the dogs could have probably dumped Joc and his salary on another team pretty easily.  Yet they're willing to give up a good starter and another prospect In order to get him so someone in the dogs org sees him as having some strong value.  It just goes to show how complicated these deals can be and how hard trades are because of how different each team's eval process is.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

yet you chose to draw conclusions as if you had.  

OMG, that's the last thing MLBTR reported regarding Joc and Rengifo. I checked the site before posting here. They reported later that more players are involved and then Andy Pages and a starter for more minor leaguers. The way Rengifo was being talked about here, it would seem he should have been traded for Joc, Pages and the SP(might be Stripling) with no other Angel players involved.

This is a crazy little soap opera. An interlude before the final pieces of the deal are locked in. Adds some suspense and drama that could have long term major influence on the futures of four teams. Suspended animation for fans of each, afraid to pencil in the new names, thinking of all possible alternative options.

Imagine what's going on behind the scenes with all the teams. Front offices working around the clock, checking and rechecking with coaches and scouts, thinking inside and outside their respective boxes.

It would be great if cameras were in the rooms, watching the wheeling and dealing. 

As it stands, the original deal is a win for the Angel's. Starting outfielder and pitcher with a legitimate prospect. At a reasonable cost. I would hope it stands without any revisions or substitutions.  

17 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

If there's one guy that might not be considered a top prospect who I'd be really bummed about giving up, it's Chris Rodriguez.  

And as far as Rengifo is concerned, the dogs could have probably dumped Joc and his salary on another team pretty easily.  Yet they're willing to give up a good starter and another prospect In order to get him so someone in the dogs org sees him as having some strong value.  It just goes to show how complicated these deals can be and how hard trades are because of how different each team's eval process is.  

I have a sinking feeling in my stomach that it's Rodriguez too.....

The deal in some form will happen. And soon.

Betts, Verdugo, Maeda, Pederson, Stripling - their names are all out there. It’s less than a week to ST. None of these teams wants to enter Spring with an awkward situation with these guys who were or are on the verge of being moved. 

There is significant incentive to make this work. So they will. 

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

So what?  Are we Iowa now?  

It's like we took 5 Viagara pills and were done in 2 minutes.

As long as it ends the way you want it to, you realize you wasted a minute and 59 seconds.

Its like on christmas. You you carefully unwrap the gift so you can reuse the paper? Or do you just tear it apart quick as possible to get to the good stuff?

2 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Guess we will have to wait for the final haul then. Right now, it's clear Rengifo wasn't worth much and was once again overvalued by many here.

...... the rumors thus far is that its him and a lower level prospect for a year of pederson, a few of stripling and a plus prospect.....

Obviously he has value

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

...... the rumors thus far is that its him and a lower level prospect for a year of pederson, a few of stripling and a plus prospect.....

Obviously he has value

I wouldn't call the Dodgers 29th best prospect a plus but I get what you mean. That lower level prospect shouldn't be needed is all I am getting at.

2 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

OMG, that's the last thing MLBTR reported regarding Joc and Rengifo. I checked the site before posting here. They reported later that more players are involved and then Andy Pages and a starter for more minor leaguers. The way Rengifo was being talked about here, it would seem he should have been traded for Joc, Pages and the SP(might be Stripling) with no other Angel players involved.

but the rest of us knew it wasn't that.  good that you're caught up now 

Just now, beatlesrule said:

I wouldn't call the Dodgers 29th best prospect a plus but I get what you mean. That lower level prospect shouldn't be needed is all I am getting at.

he's mid teens on some sources in a very good system and many of those sources haven't updated.  

do you want the trade to be worse than it is?  it sure seems like it.  

4 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

The way Rengifo was being talked about here, it would seem he should have been traded for Joc, Pages and the SP(might be Stripling) with no other Angel players involved.

Care to cite some examples?   

I'd love to see these posts where people talked up Rengifo as being worth two MLB players and an additional prospect.

I'm certain you'll have no issues finding those posts.