• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

@Jeff Fletcher

Fletch: Give us some clues as to what is going on.....Angels-Dodgers have a deal in place but it depends on Betts trade (and Twins) getting done?  Or is there something with the Angels/Dodgers trade that is a problem?

Obviously the Dodgers have no reason to make the Angels trade unless they are also making the Betts-Price deal. So that has to happen first. 

As for Pederson’s arb hearing, it is possible that the players in the trade are contingent on who wins the hearing, but I sort of doubt it. It sounded to me like the players were already agreed and the Angels have just been waiting for the Dodgers to finish their deal. 

Just now, Jeff Fletcher said:

Obviously the Dodgers have no reason to make the Angels trade unless they are also making the Betts-Price deal. So that has to happen first. 

As for Pederson’s arb hearing, it is possible that the players in the trade are contingent on who wins the hearing, but I sort of doubt it. It sounded to me like the players were already agreed and the Angels have just been waiting for the Dodgers to finish their deal. 

Thx Jeff....saw your post in the other thread after I asked my question....makes sense....

5 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

I would pass. Maeda is good but I don’t think he moves the needle enough for us to add more prospects when we still have a developing farm. It’s probably a fair trade, but I just don’t think Maeda is the type of pitcher this team needs. We still need an ace type starter to be able to flop out our dicks out on the table with confidence.

i think using maeda and stripling in much the same way the dodgers have would significantly improve the quality, and potentially the health, of the entire angels pitching staff. i can very easily see where heaney and canning both benefit in particular. fresh arms are live arms.

3 hours ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

Even so, you have to make this deal. Not only because Rengifo isn't going to play that much here (especially if we we extend Simmons at some point), but also because our return (Stripling and Pederson should be worth about 5-6 WAR next year; Stripling is old but controllable, and Pages looks like a pretty decent gamble) is too good. 

stripling just turned 30 at the end of november. i don't think old is applicable.

2 hours ago, Lou said:

^^^ this is why it's a good idea to finish reading the thread before responding, folks 

do you do that? do you read through however many pages, then go back and respond to the posts you intended to respond to? because if you do, then that may be one of the strangest revelations i've ever heard.

7 minutes ago, ukyah said:

do you do that? do you read through however many pages, then go back and respond to the posts you intended to respond to? because if you do, then that may be one of the strangest revelations i've ever heard.

Yes, I read from the beginning. 

Plus, I didn't suggest he go back and read from the beginning. I said he should read the posts after the one he responded to. 

It's a fairly common practice.

i honestly would prefer any of the top guys not named Adell/Marsh) over it being one of our SPs.  We have so few top level SP prospects that we must keep what we have.  No way can we trade CRod (idc if he has a broken back), Soriano or Yan.  Let it be Adams..or even Paris, Jackson, etc.  Just not any of the potentially good SPs.  Heck, i might even prefer letting go of Marsh before CRod considering of OF depth. 

9 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

so is this shit going down or what 

It’s waiting on the situation with Graterol. Boston decided they have issues with him. That lack of value will have to be made up somehow or other before the Dodgers/Sox trade is finished.

That trade will have to be completed before the Pederson/Stripling trade is finished because the Dodgers are only doing that trade if they get Betts and Price. That’s why the delay. 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Yes, I read from the beginning. 

Plus, I didn't suggest he go back and read from the beginning. I said he should read the posts after the one he responded to. 

It's a fairly common practice.

that's not what i asked, but thank you for the density lesson.

you said,

2 hours ago, ukyah said:

this is why it's a good idea to finish reading the thread before responding,

and i asked,

2 hours ago, ukyah said:

do you read through however many pages, then go back and respond to the posts you intended to respond to?

but the question is mute now, because i don't want to hear your answer anymore.