• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Julio Teheran (1 year, $9 million)

mmc

12 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

We are likely hitching our chances to Ryu if we go that route. If he's hurt there probably isn't any backup, and this team is currently one solid arm away from being a legit contender, IMO.

If we go the Ryu route.  Could be a trade deadline to get another arm if we are in contention.  Still like and think that Samardjizia is an ideal candidate for a midseason trade.  Older player.  FA at the end of the year.  Giants have also lost their #1 to FAcy, so with the Dogs being the Dogs and the moves the Dbacks are doing.  They might be out of it quick.  

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Just saying if they go a 6 person rotation.  Heaney would probably be the 2 and Canning the 6, with both starting once a week.  

I doubt they’d have a true six man rotation. The sixth will only pitch as needed. Most of the time it would likely be five with Ohtani pitching once a week. 

5 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Still wrong, check the career earnings part of that.That million is this years buyout.

Then why wasnt the entire amount for 2019 on that page Mark? You saw the photo I posted from spotrac correct? I went by that. I'm on my phone not my laptop.

Actually, I dga$ he is taking Cahill's $ and spot and if/when he doesn't cut it either. You all can say well, we knew he wasnt the guy we wanted.

Eppler has placed a dollar figure on each portion of the roster. SP's, everyday lineup, bullpen and bench. The next pitcher they sign will take on the money that he threw at Harvey last year which was what? 11M. As he added Bundy who basically takes Cozarts payroll spot from the bench and increases the starting rotation dollar figure.

We were only going to go above 20M in starting pitcher payroll for Cole and Strasburg which we didnt get either. 

In terms of Ryu vs Keuchel, I'll also say this.  With Ohtani, Heaney, Bundy, Canning, Teheran now in the rotation, and with Suarez, Barria, Sandoval as #7-9, we should have enough depth to weather the season.  Most teams try to navigate the regular season with tons of depth, then rely on their more elite talent to get through the playoffs.

I recognize Keuchel is more likely to stay healthy and be decent, but Ryu's upside is much higher, and given that we should have enough SP depth to get through the season, I'd like to gamble on the higher upside SP who we could rely on, should we make the playoffs, along with Ohtani.  I'd have more confidence in a Ryu/Ohtani 1-2 punch in the playoffs than a Keuchel/Ohtani 1-2 punch, IMO.

31 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Also looking at Cot's.  Pre Teheran, $34.7 million below the cap.  So that should leave us with about $25 million.  $20 million for Ryu ($5 deferred), $5-10 million for a catcher?  

It seems quite possible we might go over the LT level, unless we sign Ryu and trade for a cost-controlled catcher.  Or, alternatively, trade for a frontline SP (Syndergaard?) and sign a catcher.

9 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Then why wasnt the entire amount for 2019 on that page Mark? You saw the photo I posted from spotrac correct? I went by that. I'm on my phone not my laptop.

Actually, I dga$ he is taking Cahill's $ and spot and if/when he doesn't cut it either. You all can say well, we knew he wasnt the guy we wanted.

Eppler has placed a dollar figure on each portion of the roster. SP's, everyday lineup, bullpen and bench. The next pitcher they sign will take on the money that he threw at Harvey last year which was what? 11M. As he added Bundy who basically takes Cozarts payroll spot from the bench and increases the starting rotation dollar figure.

We were only going to go above 20M in starting pitcher payroll for Cole and Strasburg which we didnt get either. 

isn't this guy usually normal? i'm not great with the who's who of this board, but i don't remember this dude being this whack.

am i off, is this typical?

as far as the meat of the post, you don't know bo diddley about some made up each roster spot has a specific dollar value nonsense.

2 minutes ago, ukyah said:

isn't this guy usually normal? i'm not great with the who's who of this board, but i don't remember this dude being this whack.

as far as the meat of the post, you don't know bo diddley about some made up each roster has a specific dollar value nonsense.

It's typical.

2 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Quit calling me Mark.That  picture is wrong.Go to the career cash earnings on that spotrac site and look at it.They list 2 salaries for 2019 $11.1 and 1 million,the $11.1 is his 2019 salary, the $1 is the buyout of his 2020 12 million option.the Braves paid $11.1 in 2019.He cannot have 2 salaries for 2019.

not   Bad signing;

Teheran has pitched well (at times) for Atlanta. Has been consistently inconsistent - but he's pitched some real gems.

I assume we didn't over -pay for taking a flyer on him sounds like a good idea IMO.

his upside is pretrty good - UNLESS the Scouts on the ground (forget all the just the computer stat approach) see something like he's lost velocity to the point he is no longer effective.

He could be a fifth starter -- perhaps a swing man out out of the pen -- spot starter/ long relief.

49 minutes ago, ukyah said:

as far as the meat of the post, you don't know bo diddley about some made up each roster spot has a specific dollar value nonsense.

24 minutes ago, Lou said:

Thanks, Mark!

22 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

No problem,O.J.

giphy.gif