• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Julio Teheran (1 year, $9 million)

mmc

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I’d absolutely welcome Will Harris.  But who, outside of Robles had a career year?

Noe, Buttrey (albeit he's a rookie), Bedrosian (arguably had a better 2016 but much more IP this season), Cole (inflated ERA due to mop up duty, but much lower xFIP, and a 0.9 fWAR)

5 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Noe, Buttrey (albeit he's a rookie), Bedrosian (arguably had a better 2016 but much more IP this season), Cole (inflated ERA due to mop up duty, but much lower xFIP, and a 0.9 fWAR)

I’ll give you Noe but not really the others.  Saying Buttrey is like saying Canning had a career year.  

23 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Hard to say whether it was as a career year for Noe or a case of a guy actually improving.   Crazy as it seems given his multiple cap ups... last year was only his second full season.  Yes not even arbitration eligible until next year.

7 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Lineup. Bullpen. Rotation. 

If you are in the top third in 2 and middle of the pack in one, you’re a playoff contender. If you are in the top 3rd in all 3, you are a WS contender. 

At this point I’d say the Angels are just trying to make sure they have an average rotation, and hoping for better in the lineup and bullpen. 

what about defense? do you just attribute that within the pitching staff? 

8 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I think we do. Robles was outstanding this past year, and we're getting Middleton back healthy. Buttrey struggled in the 2nd half but I expect him to rebound. That's a hell of a back end (not as good as Tank's, though).

thanks, tdawg. I wanted you to know - and I mean this sincerely - of all the myriad of posters we have from New Hampshire, you're one of my 2 or 3 favorites. top 5 for sure.

16 hours ago, ettin said:

All of New Hampshire mysteriously dies in a gas explosion.

Not possible. I've crop-dusted every aisle of Walmart after eating Mexican food and drinking a bunch of beer. As far as I know, nobody died, though I did get a few dirty looks. I wasn't exactly subtle about it either. A half-drunk fat dude walking around Walmart with a barking duck is gonna get some attention.

I'm not opposed to adding to the bullpen still. Buttrey, Middleton, and Anderson can be optioned, as can Barria, Suarez, Sandoval, Canning. 

Having the ability to cycle these guys through AAA/MLB can be a huge strength if most of the pitching staff is fairly healthy, deep, and productive. Yeah, it might mean a good arm gets stuck in AAA for 10 days here and there, but it could help keep them fresh and manage innings better over the course of the whole season.

23 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Not possible. I've crop-dusted every aisle of Walmart after eating Mexican food and drinking a bunch of beer. As far as I know, nobody died, though I did get a few dirty looks. I wasn't exactly subtle about it either. A half-drunk fat dude walking around Walmart with a barking duck is gonna get some attention.

in Walmart?

I doubt it.

6 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Did you ever stop to think that I wasn't talking about you?

• 8 months later...
20 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Eppler did some things right, but five losing seasons shows that he’s not the guy to get them back to post-season baseball while keeping a solid farm.

I have, somewhat reluctantly, come to that conclusion also. Some on here disagree but I’d be fine with Dombrowski.