• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dylan Bundy to the Angels for Isaac Mattson, Zach Peek, Kyle Bradish, and Kyle Brnovich

mmc

9 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I think Canning will put up better numbers as soon as next year. But that’s a guess and an opinion. The innings pitched for him are a concern. I agree Teheran is a lock for innings and a decent ERA. I’m also saying that he isn’t that good and is nothing more than a depth guy. Being better than our starters last year is no great feat. Again, Teheran and Bundy for depth, sure. Those guys as our sneaky acquisitions? Barf. Not saying they will be, but if they are, again... barf.

I will agree with you in that if Bundy and Teheran are the only guys the Angels get for the rotation, that would be extremely nauseating.

1 minute ago, Bronson said:

Hey they seem to be happy with the trade. Don't know why we literally got their “ace” for pennies but good for them. 

It's kind of like people who live in a small town. They're excited when anything happens, because it breaks up the monotony of their life.

Just now, Kevinb said:

I don't know anything about the prospects we gave up but it's a hell of a get for someone like Bundy. I am excited to slot him into the number 2/3 spot in the rotation right behind Cole and Ohtani. Good job Eppler. Hell of a deal. 

You expect him to be our2-3 starter? Good lord that would not be good.

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

But it still fills a need, rather cheaply, and counts as an improvement. A full rotation of five Bundy clones would’ve been an improvement over pretty much anyone in ours last year.  

Well... honestly that’s sad and not anywhere close to what I’m hoping for this year. I said Bundy was fine as depth, nothing more. Expecting anything more than depth from him is silly. 

bundy is worse than Teheran. But I’m not high on either, if that helps clear any confusion after reading Tdawgs post.

It is weird that Bundy gave up a lot fewer HRs in 2019 (29) than in 2018 (41), despite the more lively ball being used in 2019.

At least he will have a pitching coach now (Callaway) who can teach to maintain spin rate, and not just talk a good talk (Doug White).

Edited by Angel Oracle