Sign in to follow this  
mymerlincat

Dylan Bundy to the Angels for Isaac Mattson, Zach Peek, Kyle Bradish, and Kyle Brnovich

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Now trade Sandoval or Suarez and someone like Jordyn Adams for Contreras and Darvish. Sign Gerrit Cole. Done!

Added offense from a position of weakness for the Halos and added an ace-like arm to trio up with Ohtani and Cole. 

Darvish has trouble staying healthy though.   He's had only two seasons in the past 6 with more than 145 innings pitched, and is age 33 and still owed 4 years/$81 million.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Canning threw 90.1 innings this past year.

We aren't including minor league innings, are we?

The original post referred to his "professional career."  That includes minors.  And why WOULDN'T you include minor league innings when talking about projecting how many innings someone like Canning could be expected to pitch?  He just made his major league debut last year. 

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

The original post referred to his "professional career."  That includes minors.  And why WOULDN'T you include minor league innings when talking about projecting how many innings someone like Canning could be expected to pitch?  He just made his major league debut last year. 

Because that's stupid.

18 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Lol he's not better than Teheran. 

You laugh like it’s a ridiculous statement.... I would take Canning over Teheran as soon as next season. Sorry. But Teheran is what he is. A 1 WAR pitcher with a maybe slightly above (at best) strikeout rate who out performs his peripherals. He’s a back end starter on a good team. The Braves didn’t even want to use him in the playoffs for a reason. Cause he is not very good.

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

You laugh like it’s a ridiculous statement.... I would take Canning over Teheran as soon as next season. Sorry. But Teheran is what he is. A 1 WAR pitcher with a low strikeout rate who out performs his peripherals. He’s a back end starter on a good team. The Braves didn’t even want to use him in the playoffs for a reason. Cause he gets blasted.

He was a 2.4 WAR pitcher last year and he is way better than what you are saying.

From MLBTradeRumors:

"Bundy averages just 91.2 mph on his fastball at this point, but his ability to miss bats is undeniable. Drilling down a bit deeper, the spin rate on Bundy’s fastball ranked in the 95th percentile of MLB hurlers back in 2017 and has fallen in the 86th percentile in each of the past two seasons. His slider has generated whiffs at a near-25 percent clip over the past three seasons as well.

All of that said, Bundy’s bottom-line results simply haven’t been that inspiring since establishing himself as a rotation regular in Baltimore. He’s totaled 503 innings dating back to 2017 but pitched to a lowly 4.83 ERA and 4.76 FIP in that time. Home runs have been a particular problem for Bundy, who served up a league-high 41 long balls in 2018.

Yep, this is exactly the kind of pitcher Eppler gets hard for. A guy who used to be injured a lot, losing his FB velocity, and an ERA hovering close to 5. 

married with children shrug GIF

19 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Canning has never thrown 100 innings in his professional career. He finished the year being shut down with a sore arm. How many innings are you penciling him in for?

140-160? Something like that. I’m just saying, bundy is a depth arm. I’m fine with that. If that’s who we’re counting on to be good... we’ll then.... not good. Bundy isn’t the definition of good health either. And what he’s giving aren’t exactly good innings. They are Blanton innings.

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Darvish has trouble staying healthy though.   He's had only two seasons in the past 6 with more than 145 innings pitched, and is age 33 and still owed 4 years/$81 million.

Good thing we’d have a lot of AAA SPs still. 

2 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

You laugh like it’s a ridiculous statement.... I would take Canning over Teheran as soon as next season. Sorry. But Teheran is what he is. A 1 WAR pitcher with a maybe slightly above (at best) strikeout rate who out performs his peripherals. He’s a back end starter on a good team. The Braves didn’t even want to use him in the playoffs for a reason. Cause he is not very good.

1 WAR, huh. He's 29 and he's already above 20 career WAR. He's also thrown 174+ innings every year since 2013. 

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Ok, he's averaged 2.06 WAR. 

It is pointless to argue with this guy about Teheran.  He is wrong and too blind to see it.

Edited by VariousCrap

I think it will be curious to see how he performs when the load of the rotation isnt on him. 
Hes not coming in here to be the guy, that might be of benefit to him.   As recently as '18 he was their opening day starter. 

Good trade for both sides. Angels get a back-end starter for their rotation the next two years with some upside and the Orioles get four lottery tickets with potential for more themselves. My initial reaction is a solid trade by Eppler and Orioles management.

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Ok, he's averaged 2.06 WAR. 

I’m looking at fangraphs... where it’s around an average of 1 WAR.... with a high an over 4 ERA average or close to it and a FIP or close to 5. Again, not interested unless it’s depth. Which if it’s for depth, we have bundy already lol. Bundy and teheran... I am out. We disagree. We aren’t winning shit with those bozos.

17 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Now trade Sandoval or Suarez and someone like Jordyn Adams for Contreras and Darvish. Sign Gerrit Cole. Done!

Added offense from a position of weakness for the Halos and added an ace-like arm to trio up with Ohtani and Cole. 

Yes please, but it's probably going to cost more than Sandoval and Adams to get Darvish and Contreras. You'd probably need to add Marsh and Rengifo.