• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dylan Bundy to the Angels for Isaac Mattson, Zach Peek, Kyle Bradish, and Kyle Brnovich

mmc

12 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

This needs to be in this thread

I posted that in the hot stove thread last week. 

Change of scenery is going to do him some good. I really like this move. Plus if we were in on Wheeler and we’re said to be the favorites for Cole then getting 3 starting pitchers this offseason seems to be the goal which is good news

2 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

It is pointless to argue with this guy about Teheran.  He is wrong and too blind to see it.

How am I wrong? I’m saying he’s a depth guy... and not someone I want to pitch in the playoffs with the game on the line. Again, the Braves chose to start a rookie over him in the playoffs last year..  why do you think?

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

How am I wrong? I’m saying he’s a depth guy... and not someone I want to pitch in the playoffs with the game on the line. Again, the Braves chose to start a rookie over him in the playoffs last year..  why do you think?

I'd be happy if he were to pitch in the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I think he is better than anyone of the Angels had starting for them last season.  I think the Angels need a guy who is a lock for 170+ innings.   I think he would make the Angels rotation a lot better.

Nobody is saying he is an ace, but he is a perfect mid-rotation guy who is young and won't cost a ton.

9 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

140-160? Something like that. I’m just saying, bundy is a depth arm. I’m fine with that. If that’s who we’re counting on to be good... we’ll then.... not good. Bundy isn’t the definition of good health either. And what he’s giving aren’t exactly good innings. They are Blanton innings.

That feels more like his upside this year than the median. If you assume he does crack 150 innings though that's still a quarter season's worth of starts where we are trolling the minor league depths for coverage. I was pulling for two top arms, but the logical alternative is to grab Cole and two guys who are a good bet to eat up all of the negative war innings we had last year due to injury. I hope there is a third guy with more upside. If there is no third guy I think we are asking for trouble because this rotation - with Cole - still feels like it's a couple hundred innings short.

7 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

I think he is better than anyone of the Angels had starting for them last season.  I think the Angels need a guy who is a lock for 170+ innings.   I think he would make the Angels rotation a lot better.

Nobody is saying he is an ace, but he is a perfect mid-rotation guy who is young and won't cost a ton.

I think Canning will put up better numbers as soon as next year. But that’s a guess and an opinion. The innings pitched for him are a concern. I agree Teheran is a lock for innings and a decent ERA. I’m also saying that he isn’t that good and is nothing more than a depth guy. Being better than our starters last year is no great feat. Again, Teheran and Bundy for depth, sure. Those guys as our sneaky acquisitions? Barf. Not saying they will be, but if they are, again... barf.

9 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

That feels more like his upside this year than the median. If you assume he does crack 150 innings though that's still a quarter season's worth of starts where we are trolling the minor league depths for coverage. I was pulling for two top arms, but the logical alternative is to grab Cole and two guys who are a good bet to eat up all of the negative war innings we had last year due to injury. I hope there is a third guy with more upside. If there is no third guy I think we are asking for trouble because this rotation - with Cole - still feels like it's a couple hundred innings short.

Honestly, Cole and two depth arms would be fine. The two elite arms was a dream. I don’t think we disagree. I just don’t think Bundy and Teheran are that good. That’s all I’m saying. Teheran had some good years and was solid the past three, but I think what we saw from him in the past three years is about what he is... and I think it could get worse from there.

On 12/4/2019 at 5:03 PM, Lou said:

This made me LOL.....   

Should be a good return.  LAA has a top 30 farm system.:"

https://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36874-bundy-traded-to-angels-for-isaac-mattson-kyle-bradish-zach-peek-and-kyle-brnovich/&tab=comments#comment-2549091

He's right, Angels are definitely in the top 30 of 30 teams.

No idea about the other guys, but Bradish is legit, and it stings.

ANGELS ACQUIRE RHP DYLAN BUNDY FROM BALTIMORE

Baltimore receives four minor league pitchers from Angels

ANAHEIM – The Angels today acquired RHP Dylan Bundy from the Baltimore Orioles in exchange for minor leaguers RHP Kyle Bradish, RHP Isaac Mattson, RHP Kyle Brnovich and RHP Zach Peek. Today’s announcement was made by General Manager Billy Eppler

Bundy, 27, made a team-leading 30 starts in 2019 for Baltimore and also led the Orioles staff in strikeouts (162) and innings pitched (161.2) for the second consecutive season.  He ranked ninth in the A.L. with an average of 9.02 strikeouts per nine innings (min. 160 IP) in 2019 and is one of six A.L. pitchers to record over 150 strikeouts in each of the last three seasons.

A native of Tulsa, OK, Bundy was originally selected by Baltimore in the first round (fourth overall) of the 2011 First-Year Player Draft out of Owasso HS (Owasso, OK). He was named Baltimore’s No. 1 prospect by Baseball America each year from 2012-16. Bundy made his Major League debut in 2012 at age 19 to become the youngest Baltimore pitcher to debut in 45 years.

Bradish, 23, appeared in 24 games (18 starts) with Adv.-A Inland Empire in 2019. The right-hander posted a 6-7 record with a 4.28 ERA (101 IP – 48 ER) and notched 120 strikeouts with 53 walks for the 66ers.

Mattson, 24, saw action at three different levels of the Angels organization in 2019: Adv.-A Inland Empire, Double-A Mobile and Triple-A Salt Lake. Across all 37 of his relief appearances, Mattson fashioned a 6-3 record with a 2.33 ERA (73.1 IP – 19 ER).

Brnovich, 22, was drafted by the Angels in the eighth round out of Elon University this past season but did not appear in a minor league game for the Halos.

Peek, 21, was a 6th round selection by the Angels during the 2019 draft out of Winthrop University. The right-handed pitcher also did not appear in the minors this season.