Dylan Bundy to the Angels for Isaac Mattson, Zach Peek, Kyle Bradish, and Kyle Brnovich

50 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I am surprised that so many Angels fans have been Ok with this deal. 

I have come to expect pitchforks and torches anytime they do anything that isn’t signing Gerrit Cole. 

We're just happy to get a possibly-decent pitcher for little cost.  When you're starving, every bit of food you get is savory.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hey....Orioles fan here....and a regular on the Orioles Hangout....  The general consensus is that Bundy is what Bundy is...a backend of the rotation and reliable innings eater.  He gives up too many

I am surprised that so many Angels fans have been Ok with this deal.    I have come to expect pitchforks and torches anytime they do anything that isn’t signing Gerrit Cole. 

You know, this guy must be pretty good... He pitched in Houston on June 9 and only gave up 2 ER in 6 innings.  He took the loss, but given that they probably knew which pitches were coming - he did pr

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Pure guess, I'd say Cole gets 8/264 from the Angels, and they round it out with signing Keuchel for 2/30, Jason Castro for 1/6, and Eric Thames for 1/3.

This will looked require them back-loading Cole's contract a bit. Maybe 25 million the first year.

I’d have no complaints with that. Thames probably gets a little more. Shaw maybe?

Edited by totdprods
27 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Pure guess, I'd say Cole gets 8/264 from the Angels, and they round it out with signing Keuchel for 2/30, Jason Castro for 1/6, and Eric Thames for 1/3.

This will looked require them back-loading Cole's contract a bit. Maybe 25 million the first year.

Eric Thames is a poor man’s Kendrick

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

After seeing Cole Hamels get $18 million I think there’s zero chance Keuchel gets only $15 million a year unless it’s a 5 year deal. 

I thought about that, but end of the day, Hamels has been better the last two years than Keuchel has. And Hamels only got one year. One year contacts tend to be inflated by a couple million. Multi-year deals knock the AAV down slightly.

Edited by Second Base
12 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I’d have no complaints with that. Thames probably gets a little more. Shaw maybe?

Yeah. I was just thinking about who they would platoon with Albert. I think they'd want a player that platoons at 1B but provides depth elsewhere. With Thames, he offers corner outfield depth, with Shaw, depth at 3B. Either one works for me. I know Thames was better last year, Shaw was better before that. Shaw might come cheaper.

i thought this was pretty funny from what i imagine is the local orioles hangout teatotaler.

i just read the last 5 pages of our bundy thread and i think tdawg is the offender, he said fuck and masturbation in back to back posts. also, i remember somewhere back in this thread somebody said something about arrieta, but that was a no show in the rest of the thread also. 

i caught the "top 30" line on their site organically, and i thought highly of it myself. they seem alright.

1 hour ago, OrioleDog said:

Whoa...this Angels forum has a familiar look and feel!

https://www.angelswin.com/forums/forum/11-la-angels-mlb-daily/

Pretty disgusting read....for one, they curse (which I hate).  And seemingly every other post was a "Jake Arrieta" comment....yeah, good luck...ask the Braves how that Gausman turned into Arrieta!   lol.    And, unlike Arrieta, Bundy is what Bundy is...he is not going to have some Cy Young transformative change.  

fuck you you fuckin' fucks you.

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

Eric Thames would be cool. I went to college with him, and (I think) interviewed him once for the school paper. Dude was a beast.

2 hours ago, Glen said:

We're just happy to get a possibly-decent pitcher for little cost.  When you're starving, every bit of food you get is savory.

I like how two people gave Jeff Fletcher the troll reaction. The dude acts way more professional and mature than the rest of us combined.

1 hour ago, ukyah said:

i thought this was pretty funny from what i imagine is the local orioles hangout teatotaler.

i just read the last 5 pages of our bundy thread and i think tdawg is the offender, he said fuck and masturbation in back to back posts. also, i remember somewhere back in this thread somebody said something about arrieta, but that was a no show in the rest of the thread also. 

i caught the "top 30" line on their site organically, and i thought highly of it myself. they seem alright.

1 hour ago, OrioleDog said:

Whoa...this Angels forum has a familiar look and feel!

https://www.angelswin.com/forums/forum/11-la-angels-mlb-daily/

Pretty disgusting read....for one, they curse (which I hate).  And seemingly every other post was a "Jake Arrieta" comment....yeah, good luck...ask the Braves how that Gausman turned into Arrieta!   lol.    And, unlike Arrieta, Bundy is what Bundy is...he is not going to have some Cy Young transformative change.  

Little do they know that tdawg lives on the East Coast.

I don't blame Orioles fans for being defeated instead of angry and cursing.  They've had a brutal couple of decades.   Fourteen seasons in a row under .500.   4th or 5th place in thirteen of those seasons.   At least 20 games out in thirteen of those seasons. 

Then, 2012...  93 wins... because they somehow won every close game.  They improved in 2013, but won 8 fewer games.    They were legitimately good in 2014, for the first time in 17 years.   They've had one winning season since, and the last three have been ugly.   

How does their farm system rank?   Did it move at all today?  I get the trade from their end, but yikes.   They fucking suck.