• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dylan Bundy to the Angels for Isaac Mattson, Zach Peek, Kyle Bradish, and Kyle Brnovich

mmc

12 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I’d have no complaints with that. Thames probably gets a little more. Shaw maybe?

Yeah. I was just thinking about who they would platoon with Albert. I think they'd want a player that platoons at 1B but provides depth elsewhere. With Thames, he offers corner outfield depth, with Shaw, depth at 3B. Either one works for me. I know Thames was better last year, Shaw was better before that. Shaw might come cheaper.

i thought this was pretty funny from what i imagine is the local orioles hangout teatotaler.

i just read the last 5 pages of our bundy thread and i think tdawg is the offender, he said fuck and masturbation in back to back posts. also, i remember somewhere back in this thread somebody said something about arrieta, but that was a no show in the rest of the thread also. 

i caught the "top 30" line on their site organically, and i thought highly of it myself. they seem alright.

1 hour ago, OrioleDog said:

Whoa...this Angels forum has a familiar look and feel!

https://www.angelswin.com/forums/forum/11-la-angels-mlb-daily/

Pretty disgusting read....for one, they curse (which I hate).  And seemingly every other post was a "Jake Arrieta" comment....yeah, good luck...ask the Braves how that Gausman turned into Arrieta!   lol.    And, unlike Arrieta, Bundy is what Bundy is...he is not going to have some Cy Young transformative change.  

fuck you you fuckin' fucks you.

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

Pure guess, I'd say Cole gets 8/264 from the Angels, and they round it out with signing Keuchel for 2/30, Jason Castro for 1/6, and Eric Thames for 1/3.

This will looked require them back-loading Cole's contract a bit. Maybe 25 million the first year.

Eric Thames would be cool. I went to college with him, and (I think) interviewed him once for the school paper. Dude was a beast.

1 hour ago, ukyah said:

i thought this was pretty funny from what i imagine is the local orioles hangout teatotaler.

i just read the last 5 pages of our bundy thread and i think tdawg is the offender, he said fuck and masturbation in back to back posts. also, i remember somewhere back in this thread somebody said something about arrieta, but that was a no show in the rest of the thread also. 

i caught the "top 30" line on their site organically, and i thought highly of it myself. they seem alright.

1 hour ago, OrioleDog said:

Whoa...this Angels forum has a familiar look and feel!

https://www.angelswin.com/forums/forum/11-la-angels-mlb-daily/

Pretty disgusting read....for one, they curse (which I hate).  And seemingly every other post was a "Jake Arrieta" comment....yeah, good luck...ask the Braves how that Gausman turned into Arrieta!   lol.    And, unlike Arrieta, Bundy is what Bundy is...he is not going to have some Cy Young transformative change.  

Little do they know that tdawg lives on the East Coast.

I don't blame Orioles fans for being defeated instead of angry and cursing.  They've had a brutal couple of decades.   Fourteen seasons in a row under .500.   4th or 5th place in thirteen of those seasons.   At least 20 games out in thirteen of those seasons. 

Then, 2012...  93 wins... because they somehow won every close game.  They improved in 2013, but won 8 fewer games.    They were legitimately good in 2014, for the first time in 17 years.   They've had one winning season since, and the last three have been ugly.   

How does their farm system rank?   Did it move at all today?  I get the trade from their end, but yikes.   They fucking suck. 

19 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I don't blame Orioles fans for being defeated instead of angry and cursing.  They've had a brutal couple of decades.   Fourteen seasons in a row under .500.   4th or 5th place in thirteen of those seasons.   At least 20 games out in thirteen of those seasons. 

Then, 2012...  93 wins... because they somehow won every close game.  They improved in 2013, but won 8 fewer games.    They were legitimately good in 2014, for the first time in 17 years.   They've had one winning season since, and the last three have been ugly.   

How does their farm system rank?   Did it move at all today?  I get the trade from their end, but yikes.   They fucking suck. 

they didn't come of as defeated, or angry. they seem like a fanbase that is ready for the rebuild. hopefully, the new guys in charge for them are the right guys and they don't get dipoto'd. that's a cruel fate to wish on what seems like good fans.

2 hours ago, tntoriole said:

hey....Orioles fan here....and a regular on the Orioles Hangout....  The general consensus is that Bundy is what Bundy is...a backend of the rotation and reliable innings eater.  He gives up too many HRs both in Camden and on the road but is fine for what he brings.  Of course, Mike Elias/Sig Mejdal are of the Houston rebuild mode....i.e.  sell any and all parts, etc.   So we fully expect another 100 plus loss season and maybe two, but are generally positive about the rebuild under the new regime (and that the Angelos sons are much more hands off than the old man who is ill and not involved in active franchise issues any longer).   We are hopeful to hit a lottery ticket with any of the four coming back, but most believe this is an OK, fair return (unlike the Villar to the Marlins recently which most feel was a true salary dump).       Don't be expecting any Arrieta like transformation, though....those days are long gone.   Braves fans said the same thing about Gausman...we knew better.  Same with Dylan.  He is what he is.    Dylan is an excellent character guy, very stoic despite having essentially to rebuild his career after surgery and his decline in velocity and many of us were  saddened by his injuries because when he was drafted, he was the top pitching prospect in the nation and his first year in the minors with 98 plus fastball and killer slider was really amazing. 

Anyway....we wish him all the best and that he has a fantastic year with you guys!!   

Welcome to AngelsWin!

3 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I prefer not to generalize. I think some Orioles fans are fun at parties, knowledgeable about baseball, and great fans.  I think some are bitter, whiny losers. Most are likely in between.

i'm guessing you live in the baltimore area? i'm sure what you said is true...about literally every fanbase of any team in every sport.