• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dylan Bundy to the Angels for Isaac Mattson, Zach Peek, Kyle Bradish, and Kyle Brnovich

mmc

4 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Canning is better than Bundy, Roark, and Pineda. Probably even Teheran. Why waste Canning in triple A?

Is he? Long-term, yeah, hopefully. Maybe as soon as next year. Maybe not. Weaver, Lackey, Santana all took a step back in their sophomore campaign. We shouldn’t expect Canning to just automatically improve because he’s gotten his rookie season out of the way. Plus he’s a legit injury concern at this point, at least to me still. Pre-draft and last season, he’s had issues. 

Pineda had a better ERA, WHIP, FIP, more WAR. Roark a little worse in some stats, but pretty similar, and a track record of durability and stability. Teheran as well. 

It’s all dog shit.  Decent chance none of these guys are major leaguers on a regular basis.  Mattson is the headliner.  We’re getting a young controllable guy who’s averaged 29 starts a season for nothing as far as I’m concerned.  It’s a good thing Baltimore doesn’t give a shit about winning.  At all.  Apparently.  There’s a decent chance that the Angels can get more out of Bundythen Baltimore did as well.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

Bradish is the best prospect of the bunch, behind Mattson. A couple major leaguers there, but from where I'm standing right now, it doesn't look too bad.

Yup - I mean for all we know, Bradish becomes the next Clevinger or Mattson or Brnovich become relief studs, but two of those guys haven’t even thrown a pitch for us yet, and we can draft pretty much an identical quartet this summer. A good trade on paper. 

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s all dog shit.  Decent chance none of these guys are major leaguers on a regular basis.  Mattson is the headliner.  We’re getting a young controllable guy who’s averaged 29 starts a season for nothing as far as I’m concerned.  It’s a good thing Baltimore doesn’t give a shit about winning.  At all.  Apparently.  There’s a decent chance that the Angels can get more out of Bundythen Baltimore did as well.  

Who knows what Callaway can get out of him. We might have another Arrieta on our hands... (half joking)

9 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Ok, no Hernandez, Kochanowicz, Sandoval, Rodriguez, Soriano or Canning.

Also, Dylan Bundy feels so much like Matt Harvey. Former top pick with great stuff has career derailed by injuries, settles in as back of the rotation starter.

It's a little different I think. Harvey had all sorts of issues, and was going into his age 30 season. Bundy has been healthy really for the last 3 years (28, 31, and 30 starts), and is going into his age 27 season. If he can make some adjustments that lead to giving up fewer HRs or hits in general, he suddenly becomes a pretty good #4-ish starter. We could be catching him at just the right time in his career, and keep him pretty cheaply for another couple of years. Or who knows, maybe it doesn't work out and we didn't give up any major prospects to get him. To me this is a good example of a medium to high upside deal, with a downside that's stomachable at least.