Sign in to follow this  
mymerlincat

Dylan Bundy to the Angels for Isaac Mattson, Zach Peek, Kyle Bradish, and Kyle Brnovich

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Especially two Kyle Br–s.

It’s funny, using my first and middle name would make me a 3rd Kyle Br...

I’ll tell ya how I like Baltimore!

and yes, my middle name is Brandy... jk haha

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

It is weird that Bundy gave up a lot fewer HRs in 2019 than in 2018, despite the more lively ball being used in 2019.

He laid off the 4-seamer and relied more heavily on the slider. He became a worm-burner. He should be much better with a defense that does not consist of Orioles players behind him. 

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Except Bundy can actually pitch a full season.

So can a show pitch softball pitcher. Just because someone CAN pitch a full season, doesn't mean they should.

Edited by Second Base

5 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Welcome! We have cookies and low expectations.

So expecting maybe 100 IP?

Don't get me wrong, those 100 innings would be very solid, but it would be 100 innings.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Fuck

Lol you’re actually taking things quite seriously today. Look, I’m just not a fan of Teheran or Bundy lol I’ll leave it at that. As depth I’m ok with it. Let’s hope things go well this offseason and we do more things that tickle our pickle. That’s all we all want.

3 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

He laid off the 4-seamer and relied more heavily on the slider. He became a worm-burner. He should be much better with a defense that does not consist of Orioles players behind him. 

Good point, as he only allowed 8 HRs in 67 innings after the ASB, and also had a GB/FB ratio of close to 1/1 after the ASB which was much better than before the ASB. 

Just now, hangin n wangin said:

Lol you’re actually taking things quite seriously today. Look, I’m just not a fan of Teheran or Bundy lol I’ll leave it at that. As depth I’m ok with it. Let’s hope things go well this offseason and we do more things that tickle our pickle. That’s all we all want.

I'm in a mood. It means I'm off my meds and haven't masturbated in 8 hours.

1 minute ago, JustATroutFan said:

Bundy still has potential to turn into a solid arm. A move to the AL West should be better for him. And Callaway was a great pitching in Cleveland, so it would not shock me if Bundy begins fulfilling his promise. 

This could definitely happen. As it could with any other under performing pitcher who was once a decent prospect. 

You know, this guy must be pretty good... He pitched in Houston on June 9 and only gave up 2 ER in 6 innings.  He took the loss, but given that they probably knew which pitches were coming - he did pretty darn good. 

18 minutes ago, Bronson said:

You expect him to be our2-3 starter? Good lord that would not be good.

He has the stuff. With a better coaching staff in a better ball park he will do well. Excited for Bundy to light it up as a Halo. 

14 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

He has the stuff. With a better coaching staff in a better ball park he will do well. Excited for Bundy to light it up as a Halo. 

I actually agree with this. But a lot of pitchers have the stuff to be a number 2-3 starter. It’s a matter of actually performing like one. 

if you’re expecting Bundy to slot himself into the 2-3 spot though, that’s asking for trouble. 

and were also doomed.

43 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Except Bundy can actually pitch a full season.

2018. Bundy has never had a season as good as Heaney was in 2018. I think we will see Heaney return to 2018 form this year. He needs to stay healthy obviously.

Thing about Bundy is he has given up more HR's than anyone in MLB the past two years. I don't see how adding another #5/6 starter helps us. I think both Canning and Heaney will be better than Bundy this year.

At least we didn't give up a high level prospect like some were advocating last week.

5 minutes ago, RBM said:

2018. Bundy has never has a season as good as Heaney was in 2018. I think we will see Heaney return to 2018 form this year. He needs to stay healthy obviously.

Thing about Bundy is he has given up more HR's than anyone in MLB the past two years. I don't see how adding another #5/6 starter helps us. I think both Canning and Heaney will be better than Bundy this year.

At least we didn't give up a high level prospect like some were advocating last week.

Worth mentioning too that Bundy has still managed to post a better ERA+ and exactly twice the bWAR of Heaney though, managing 50 more games and about 200 more innings too, all while being almost two years younger than Heaney.

Heaney might be more likely to reach a higher potential than Bundy at this point in their careers, but, Bundy’s also younger and had much higher upside early on than Heaney ever did. It’s not too crazy to think he could be as bit as good or better - with a much better track record of durability - than Heaney.

And it didn’t really hurt us one bit in prospect capital. We still have a lot of money and trade bait to work with. This is a great opening move to the offseason. Gives Billy a lot of flexibility. 

Edited by totdprods