• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Gerrit Cole (Please sign with the Angels) Thread

Chuck

36 mil in AAv is not a problem, especially with the Salary Cap increasing each year. But the 9 years that is a problem. I would be happy for 7 years and ok with 8 what 9 is a risk..

If we do sign Cole to 36 mil a year or more, it makes it that much important to keep guys like Marsh and Adell, that's including Canning, Rangifo and many other on the roster that are still under Arbs. 

It'll be intesesting to see how this impacts guys like Simmons. would we be able to resign him or not and than there's also La stella if he repeats. On the bright side, Pujols is out after 2years.

I'm guessing the same people who are saying Cole is going to cost too much are the same people who think Mike Trout's career is being wasted.

This is the price of doing business in baseball today.  It's not for the feint of heart. 

How badly does Arte want to win?  "Whatever it takes" is not a statement to be taken lightly.

Sign Cole.  Just do it.

Just now, floplag said:

More like those of us saying pass are concerned that its Cole and nothing else if we do it.
Im 100% ok with it as long as it isnt used as an excuse for not doing more, which i fear it would be. 
IF its not, and hes willing to do that AND more, then go ham Arte you have my support.

But you don't know that it's not. You don't. Why are you worried about it now?

It's not. Your. Fucking. Money.

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Past history... you know all those times when we were told we had a budget, and limits, and limited resources.
It not being my money has literally nothing to do with it.  I said plainly that as long as hes planning to spend that and more, fine... but that and pumping the brakes isnt gonna get it done.

1 minute ago, floplag said:

Past history... you know all those times when we were told we had a budget, and limits, and limited resources.
It not being my money has literally nothing to do with it.  I said plainly that as long as hes planning to spend that and more, fine... but that and pumping the brakes isnt gonna get it done.

I'm guessing Arte and Eppler are far more aware of the "budget" than anyone here. If getting Cole hurts "the budget" then Arte will walk away. If it doesn't then he'll spend the damn money. 

Saying he SHOULD walk away when no one knows the budget is fucking stupid. Obviously Arte and Eppler went in there expecting to spend a lot of money. And I'm guessing they know Cole isn't single-handedly going to take us to the playoffs. But he's the single free agent who is going to give them the biggest swing in that direction.

18 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

But Toby they are only concerned about the long-term future of the organization. How can we compete in four years if we don't have that money set aside for the next best crop of free agents that will be available in 2024-2025???? We have Trout for TWELVE years, certainly we can waste four more of those years to hit that sweet spot down the road, right? AMIRITE?!?!?!?!?

Walk away & go to plan B. A contract like that will screw the team over for years. Like the Pooholes deal.  With the Angels luck, Cole goes under TJ  after 10 starts.  If it was an everyday player, i would say yes. But not for a pitcher. That  contract could keep us from being competitive for another decade. Let the Yankees have him.