• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Gerrit Cole (Please sign with the Angels) Thread

Chuck

Just now, bloodbrother said:

Would be a little bummed moreso than upset and then quickly get over it

I’m probably in this boat as well. As long as the Angels are better next year and a playoff team. I don’t care who’s on the team. It’s not about individual players it’s about being World Series contenders again and not continuing to be a bottom feeder. 

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I'm more worried about panic mode if  we don't sign Cole.  

What’s the worst that happens if we sign a couple of the mid tier guys to 2-3 year contracts. Continue to build the farm and play itself out? Instead of signing Cole to a 300 million plus dollar contract?

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

What’s the worst that happens if we sign a couple of the mid tier guys to 2-3 year contracts. Continue to build the farm and play itself out? Instead of signing Cole to a 300 million plus dollar contract?

that's not the worst that could happen but it would be pretty bad.  The mid tier value guys are gone.  There's second tier guys that often end up massively overpaid and lower tier guys who can provide value but not enough to put the team in a position to win.  

then there are the trades.  If we move Marsh for someone like Boyd, I'm gonna lose my shit.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

that's not the worst that could happen but it would be pretty bad.  The mid tier value guys are gone.  There's second tier guys that often end up massively overpaid and lower tier guys who can provide value but not enough to put the team in a position to win.  

then there are the trades.  If we move Marsh for someone like Boyd, I'm gonna lose my shit.  

I’m just throwing stuff out there. I was pretty confident Cole was gonna sign. But it’s at least looking less and less likely that he will on top of the fact that after Stras signed Coles price tag just went thru the roof. So I don’t know? 

As you know, I'm with you on this, Doc. If we miss out on Cole I'd rather suffer through another year or two of slow build as we see our homegrown talent mature and (hopefully) augment with savvy trades and signings. I can live with a Bumgarner or Ryu signing because at least they'll provide solid innings for a few years and won't cost prospects, but panic trades are my big fear.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

As you know, I'm with you on this, Doc. If we miss out on Cole I'd rather suffer through another year or two of slow build as we see our homegrown talent mature and (hopefully) augment with savvy trades and signings. I can live with a Bumgarner or Ryu signing because at least they'll provide solid innings for a few years and won't cost prospects, but panic trades are my big fear.

Panic anything will hurt this club long term