• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Gerrit Cole (Please sign with the Angels) Thread

Chuck

Think of this @floplag @Second Base @totdprods @tdawg87 @Chuckster70

Angels payroll is *roughly* $150,400,000M 
AAV is $141,005,666

If the Angels sign Gerrit Cole for 9yr/$324M  then your payroll looks like this:
Payroll (if nothing is backloaded): $186,400,000M
AAV: $177,005,666M

Arte has stated in the past he'd go over the tax for the right player(s). The Angels technically would have another $30,994,334M before they hit the $208M tax. 

Don't tell me Cole is to expensive. Ultimately the ball is literally in Arte's and Eppler's hands. 

I agree there has to be a limit for Cole he can do the same thing thing with 200 million that he can do with 300 million dollars. Go ahead and get a couple of other pitchers for less and then try and go after Rendon and sign or trade for  your catcher. I don’t want to be money strapped for years like we have had to do for years now. 

2 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

I agree there has to be a limit for Cole he can do the same thing thing with 200 million that he can do with 300 million dollars. Go ahead and get a couple of other pitchers for less and then try and go after Rendon and sign or trade for  your catcher. I don’t want to be money strapped for years like we have had to do for years now. 

I agree. If only we were allowed to get a LF upgrade like Upton or re-sign Trout. F'ing Pujols.