• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs autopsy results

mmc

3 minutes ago, Baghdad Strad said:

You insinuated it Jay, that was my point.  Are you suggesting they shouldn’t have done the patches because he OD’d?  They would have still done the patches and the tribute and had his mom throw out the first pitch and the players would still be in pain.  Nothing would have changed.  And once again “the real story” who gives a shit, why should we feel entitled to it.

I did not insinuate that the Angels put out any misinformation. I simply said that they knew the truth and essentially suppressed it.

And no, I don't think that patches, tributes, and murals are appropriate for someone who chokes on their own vomit after a drug overdose.

Just now, Slegnaac said:

You are painting Skaggs as if he never did anything positive.  I think we can still honor the man that visited kids in hospitals, spent time with fans, and was approachable.

He didn't get wasted and drive his expensive car through a red light killing a mom and her three kids.

The cause of his death is tragic,  but I  am not going to let that color his entire life.

Hopefully this will help other athletes that might be in the same situation.

It doesn’t work that way with guys like yk.  Read anything he posts.  Anything good a person did is met with, “is this the level we are at now where we need to give out cookies to those that do good things”.  

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I did not insinuate that the Angels put out any misinformation. I simply said that they knew the truth and essentially suppressed it.

And no, I don't think that patches, tributes, and murals are appropriate for someone who chokes on their own vomit after a drug overdose.

Cool, you don’t think it is appropriate, the Angels would have still given him his tribute for the players and the Skaggs family.  Once again it isn’t the Angels responsibility to tell the story.  Not to mention the Angels may not have known the drug part, but probably knew the drinking part, and in which case, people get black out drunk all the time, and sometimes people choke on their vomit when they get black out drunk.  Do I think the Angels knew, yea, I think they knew.  Hell there is a line in the press release saying the Angels have fully cooperated with the investigation, which you’d have to think part of that cooperation is not speaking publicly about the cause of death.  

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Not only that but I'll bet the police/paramedics knew straight away that it was a drug overdose. They see that stuff every day. That means the Angels org also knew, but let the fans go on thinking that it was some sort of freak heart attack.

Think maybe they were respecting the family's wishes?   

I'm going to ask an uncomfortable question.  Flame me all you want.

Did the family hire Rusty Hardin because the autopsy report, at face value, compromises their payouts from life insurance and/or pensions?

Kind of weird IMHO to immediately hire a sleazy trial lawyer to point the finger at the Angels.  I'm wondering if this is a tactic to ensure they get paid when they otherwise wouldn't be entitled to much?

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Then you must absolutely loathe tributes to Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin (John Bonham) or AC/DC (Bon Scott). People can contribute so much to our enjoyment of life and still make mistakes. It's called being human. 

As someone who has had multiple surgeries and been prescribed opioids to ease the pain, I can certainly understand if Skaggs felt like he needed them to cope with his multiple health issues starting with, and continuing from, his Tommy John surgery. I was aware of the possible consequences of becoming addicted and stopped taking them as soon as the pain became somewhat "bearable". I never finished any of the prescriptions. 

Maybe Tyler never got to that point. Or maybe he became addicted and had to take higher doses because their effects became minimalized. Maybe there was no longer a high enough dosage of oxy available, so the fentanyl had to be mixed in (whether or not Skaggs was aware of this). We just don't know.

Adding alcohol to the mix is probably what killed him. But that is just speculation on my part. I don't really know. It makes his death no less tragic.

2 hours ago, Baghdad Strad said:

To me this still comes down to my belief that none of us are entitled to the cause of death.  I can’t really think of anything more private than cause of death.  Who gives two shits if the person is a “celebrity” or not?  And when does “celebrity” end?  Is @Chuckster70 a celebrity because Rex and Steve mentioned his name on their telecast when Chuck wore a black t shirt to an Angels game?  @Adam used to do stand up, and helped with our podcast, does that make him a celebrity? @Geoff had a hair band mullet, is he a celebrity?  @Blarg works in Hollywood, celebrity?

And not a single mention of the guy who’s recorded 17 gospel albums? Pffft.

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

This may be more to your liking....

Zima-the-Refreshing-Citrus-Beverage-retu

Negative.

I stick with Bourbon, Whisky, Gin, Vodka and red wine with my meals. 

Beers get me all bloated. I'll drink one from time to time if I'm at a ball game, floating down the river or if someone buys me a beer for a social gathering, but that's about it. 

Zima's are gross. 

2 hours ago, Baghdad Strad said:

To me this still comes down to my belief that none of us are entitled to the cause of death.  I can’t really think of anything more private than cause of death.  Who gives two shits if the person is a “celebrity” or not?  And when does “celebrity” end?  Is @Chuckster70 a celebrity because Rex and Steve mentioned his name on their telecast when Chuck wore a black t shirt to an Angels game?  @Adam used to do stand up, and helped with our podcast, does that make him a celebrity? @Geoff had a hair band mullet, is he a celebrity?  @Blarg works in Hollywood, celebrity?

If anything I was more known from "The Richter Scale" show on AM 830 during drive time for 3 years, talking about the Halos and our top prospects. 

My opinion,  which is shared by a very few others here obviously,  is that he was (and still is) being given tributes like he died rushing into a burning orphanage and saved children.

He didn't.  He died choking on his own vomit while on a bender. While on a work trip. That's pathetic and unprofessional. 

We know how arte felt about Hamilton's drug use. He wanted to void the contract.  Arte is obviously an anti drug guy. Now skaggs drug use is threatening to rip his organization apart. 

17 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

My opinion,  which is shared by a very few others here obviously,  is that he was (and still is) being given tributes like he died rushing into a burning orphanage and saved children.

He didn't.  He died choking on his own vomit while on a bender. While on a work trip. That's pathetic and unprofessional. 

We know how arte felt about Hamilton's drug use. He wanted to void the contract.  Arte is obviously an anti drug guy. Now skaggs drug use is threatening to rip his organization apart. 

The team is not soliciting tributes from the fans, that's spontaneous and it's a fans right to do so if they feel.

As for the patches, the picture in center, the mound etchings, etc, that's for the players, his friends, the ones who knew and cared about him and was with him for half a year since 2014.  The fact that multiple players outside the organization paid tribute to him years after getting to know him tells you what kind of impact he had on him.

I get a Vulcan has trouble grasping emotions but, being his teammate and knowing him for years, would your reaction to this news be "F*ck that unprofessional druggie skid row bum"?  I doubt it.  And if it was I'd recommend seeking help.

12 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

If it was an actual Angels employee who supplied drugs to Skaggs, you can bet that Tyler wasn’t the only player or coach that knew about that employee. 

Didn't someone post a video of Skaggs wedding and reception and it showed him popping some pill with his drink? 

Just speculating, but he could have been addicted to alcohol and pain meds for a while now and unfortunately got one laced with too much Fentanyl that ultimately killed him while he was asleep. 

2 hours ago, mp170.6 said:

I'm going to ask an uncomfortable question.  Flame me all you want.

Did the family hire Rusty Hardin because the autopsy report, at face value, compromises their payouts from life insurance and/or pensions?

Kind of weird IMHO to immediately hire a sleazy trial lawyer to point the finger at the Angels.  I'm wondering if this is a tactic to ensure they get paid when they otherwise wouldn't be entitled to much?

I believe it will be an argument about the estates loss of future earnings if they tie in Angels employee as a culpable party. Not sure that it would have legs in court but a quiet settlement is probably what they are going to shoot for. 

Imagine 50 years from now, some young Angels fan reviewing the 2019 Angels season via a photo album,  or time machine:

"Wow, look at these incredible tributes to #45. What was his deal, did he cure cancer? Did he die while stopping an armed robbery?"

"No, he choked on his own vomit while getting loaded by himself in his hotel room on a road trip."

"Oh"

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Nobody said the Angels insinuated anything. In the absence of the truth, people concluded that it was "natural causes."

Therefore the tributes, patches, murals, etc.

If a "skid row bum" chokes on his own vomit after an overdose, we at least get the real story.

This is a pretty myopic take.

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Imagine 50 years from now, some young Angels fan reviewing the 2019 Angels season via a photo album,  or time machine:

"Wow, look at these incredible tributes to #45. What was his deal, did he cure cancer? Did he die while stopping an armed robbery?"

"No, he choked on his own vomit while getting loaded by himself in his hotel room on a road trip."

"Oh"

I didn't realize that you had standards for heroes and deserves.

20 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

"Oh"

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume literally nobody will be looking back at the 2019 season 50 years from now. I'm going to forget about it in October.