• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs autopsy results

mmc

4 hours ago, Biergott said:

That is absolutely correct.  I fly often, with 4 prescription bottles every time.  Never once been looked at.

you should be okay as long as you don't pack your meds inside one of those new coke or sprite soda bottles from Star Wars: galaxy's edge.

4 hours ago, Biergott said:

Reading the article this paragraph made me chuckle:

In total, authorities seized over 30 kilograms of fentanyl, 30 kilograms of heroin, five kilograms of cocaine and over $700,000. It's the largest drug takedown in Virginia in 15 years. They also seized roughly 24 firearms, including an AK-47.
 Like the AK-47 is the most sinister part of this whole thing.  Wow.

And then there's this:

There's been an increased effort to hold China accountable for drugs like fentanyl that are manufactured there and smuggled to the U.S. A bipartisan bill in the Senate would sanction Chinese labs and traffickers that export the drug.

Sanctions?  oooooooo

image.jpeg

there was a story on 60 minutes a few months ago where they tracked down the largest fentanyl producer in china. he sells it via the internet to a lot of Americans. the US can't legally shut him down but they've taken steps via the postal system to stop him from sending his death crystals to the US. they're working with Chinese officials on this.

the story showed that it's relatively easy to get this crap via online mail orders. that's the scary part to me.

12 minutes ago, Tank said:

there was a story on 60 minutes a few months ago where they tracked down the largest fentanyl producer in china. he sells it via the internet to a lot of Americans. the US can't legally shut him down but they've taken steps via the postal system to stop him from sending his death crystals to the US. they're working with Chinese officials on this.

the story showed that it's relatively easy to get this crap via online mail orders. that's the scary part to me.

That drug is not dangerous if you don’t take it. It really doesn’t matter who the producer or supplier is. It’s the users fault. 

It would have been worse for the team and organization if this came out in October. The entire off season clouded and under investigation with all personnel scattered and on their own.

At least now they are all together, and can work through to try and reach a collective state of closure. Not that it makes things any better, but at least they can process things and head into the offseason on the same page.

The investigative and legal stuff will get ugly. Hopefully the person(s) within the organization will be identied and face justice. And any clubhouse malaise or toxic culture will come to light and be cleansed.

Easier said than done. 

Presumably Arte will bring in outside resources with professional medical/psychological/social work expertise.  Eppler is a baseball man, not a counselor.

Some young athletic multi millionaires  are surrounded by enablers. Or think they are invincible. Many are sadly naive and ignorant of things beyond sports.

I lived through first hand family experience (sister in law who was a nurse) every nuance of this addiction or overdose pattern. With the same ultimate  result. If Skaggs was unfortunate enough to have met his fate after one bad decision then maybe it was purely a personal mistake. But if a pattern had been ongoing  then there should have been warning signs and signals. 

Sadly, until the facts are known there will be constant innuendo and speculation. With the potential to carry into next season.

8 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

That drug is not dangerous if you don’t take it. It really doesn’t matter who the producer or supplier is. It’s the users fault. 

I agree but the focus of the story was about how its use has grown so much and the relative ease to acquire it.

7 minutes ago, Tank said:

I agree but the focus of the story was about how its use has grown so much and the relative ease to acquire it.

You’re spot on. What’s really sad is that there’s a market for it. The users keep these guys in business. How and why there are so many users is something I will never understand. 

I don’t understand the “fans” who are in the “I told you so” boat, or the “he was a druggie, F*ck him” boat. Explain to me how you have no empathy. Is it because you’ve never been close with an addict? Twitter is especially toxic tonight with people who can go F*ck themselves with a cactus. 

4 hours ago, VariousCrap said:

The reality of this situation is that Tyler Skaggs had Tommy John surgery and it is very common for people to become addicted to pain medication after surgeries.  It happens to tons of people everyday.  I'd be willing to bet that is what happened to Skaggs.

In the end it doesn't matter how he died.  It tragic for his wife, family, friends and the fans.

And drink a 12 pack with it.

5 minutes ago, Kody Mac said:

I don’t understand the “fans” who are in the “I told you so” boat, or the “he was a druggie, F*ck him” boat. Explain to me how you have no empathy. Is it because you’ve never been close with an addict? Twitter is especially toxic tonight with people who can go F*ck themselves with a cactus. 

So we've established he's an addict? Interesting.

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

So we've established he's an addict? Interesting.

Nobody takes oxy because they thought it would be a fun trip. I got my gallbladder taken out recently and was prescribed oxy. It worked really good to take the pain away and help me pass out for half a day. I imagine that oxy is one of the painkillers that get prescribed after injuries, and if you continue to take it after your prescription is expired either you’re still inured/feeling pain, or you’re addicted. 

I don’t understand the animosity. He didn’t go snort a few lines while driving his yacht into a pile of rocks. There is a difference. I’m also not saying that Jose Fernandez was a piece of shit either, but there is a difference between the two. 

6 minutes ago, Kody Mac said:

Nobody takes oxy because they thought it would be a fun trip. I got my gallbladder taken out recently and was prescribed oxy. It worked really good to take the pain away and help me pass out for half a day. I imagine that oxy is one of the painkillers that get prescribed after injuries, and if you continue to take it after your prescription is expired either you’re still inured/feeling pain, or you’re addicted. 

I don’t understand the animosity. He didn’t go snort a few lines while driving his yacht into a pile of rocks. There is a difference. I’m also not saying that Jose Fernandez was a piece of shit either, but there is a difference between the two. 

His Tommy John surgery was five years ago. If he was addicted to any pain medication the Angels surely would’ve known about it or they just don’t monitor their players very well. Geez these guys have to get physicals and blood work pretty routinely. None of this makes sense. 

Edited by Calzone 2

1 minute ago, Kody Mac said:

I don't have any animosity to or for him. I think it is sad, and I think Skaggs was selfish.

And I think the tributes, and number on the mound, and hashtags and creepy illustrations of Skaggs overlooking the outfield are an embarrassment. If a dude in skid row in downtown LA had done what he did, this board wouldn't give a rats ass.

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I don't have any animosity to or for him. I think it is sad, and I think Skaggs was selfish.

And I think the tributes, and number on the mound, and hashtags and creepy illustrations of Skaggs overlooking the outfield are an embarrassment. If a dude in skid row in downtown LA had done what he did, this board wouldn't give a rats ass.

If it was a Dodgers pitcher that dude would be getting roasted here right now.