• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs autopsy results

mmc

5 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Are you implying that he was using alcohol, oxy and FENT to deal with pain from injuries?

If so, that's not a very resposible or professional way to go about it.

I wasn't implying anything. I was posting a fact. 

18 minutes ago, calscuf said:

You don’t really get respect there anyways unless you have a beard and deny you’re drinking double IPAs for the high alcohol content, but for the delicious bitterness.

I seriously don't get what people see in extremely hoppy IPA's outside of the alcohol content. 

Tastes like carbonated ass juice. 

1 hour ago, Puget Sound Angel said:

If a team employee was somehow involved, this makes this the worst Angels season ever.

Let's think about this.

Wouldn't it make sense the "Angels employee" is actually the team doctor, who prescribed him oxycodone for pain at some point? 

I'm not suggesting the doc gave him fentanyl, or truckloads of oxy.    But all a trial lawyer needs is one pill bottle to point the finger at the Angels and say, look, look, the Angels helped kill him. 

3 hours ago, mp170.6 said:

Let's think about this.

Wouldn't it make sense the "Angels employee" is actually the team doctor, who prescribed him oxycodone for pain at some point? 

I'm not suggesting the doc gave him fentanyl, or truckloads of oxy.    But all a trial lawyer needs is one pill bottle to point the finger at the Angels and say, look, look, the Angels helped kill him. 

It's a theory.

But the whole idea that this seems from a pain management standpoint, is more of an angelswin and Roger Lodge fanboy angle rather than anything else.

Because God forbid this angels player was just an unprofessional party boy.

4 hours ago, mp170.6 said:

Let's think about this.

I dont think it would be the team doctor.

More directly, it wouldnt be the team doctor giving him Fentanyl. 

Lastly, a lawyer can ask for whatever (cals and phil might chime in here), but it doesnt mean it will fly. The doctor is covered when the warning label is placed on the bottle. 

You cant sue titos vodka because someone drank it and crashed his car into someone.

Wouldn't it make most sense that he was just took oxy laced with fentanyl and he didn't know? I can't imagine he intended to take fentanyl but  I'm a bit out of the drug culture loop. Either way a bad decisiom to take oxy from sketchy sources, and add in alcohol. 

And I agree that most IPAs taste like ass juice and it's just trendy to drink them. Kind of a manhood thing. Like guys who eat wings so hot you can't breath after and they go on how amazing they are. 

7 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

Wouldn't it make most sense that he was just took oxy laced with fentanyl and he didn't know? I can't imagine he intended to take fentanyl but  I'm a bit out of the drug culture loop. Either way a bad decisiom to take oxy from sketchy sources, and add in alcohol. 

And I agree that most IPAs taste like ass juice and it's just trendy to drink them. Kind of a manhood thing. Like guys who eat wings so hot you can't breath after and they go on how amazing they are. 

So who's the bottom, you or Chuck?

3 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

This is what makes the most sense to me. That he was given more than he bargained for and then put some booze on top of it

9 hours ago, yk9001 said:

I don't have any animosity to or for him. I think it is sad, and I think Skaggs was selfish.

And I think the tributes, and number on the mound, and hashtags and creepy illustrations of Skaggs overlooking the outfield are an embarrassment. If a dude in skid row in downtown LA had done what he did, this board wouldn't give a rats ass.

Not only that but I'll bet the police/paramedics knew straight away that it was a drug overdose. They see that stuff every day. That means the Angels org also knew, but let the fans go on thinking that it was some sort of freak heart attack.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Not only that but I'll bet the police/paramedics knew straight away that it was a drug overdose. They see that stuff every day. That means the Angels org also knew, but let the fans go on thinking that it was some sort of freak heart attack.

How?  Did I miss where they insinuated that he had a heart attack?  I know there was a heart condition history in the family, but I don’t remember anyone with the Angels eluding to that, just the authors of the stories.  Also, even if the Angels knew is it their place to let the world know they had an employee die of a drug overdose?  Wouldn’t the family be the one that should release that information?  

To me this still comes down to my belief that none of us are entitled to the cause of death.  I can’t really think of anything more private than cause of death.  Who gives two shits if the person is a “celebrity” or not?  And when does “celebrity” end?  Is @Chuckster70 a celebrity because Rex and Steve mentioned his name on their telecast when Chuck wore a black t shirt to an Angels game?  @Adam used to do stand up, and helped with our podcast, does that make him a celebrity? @Geoff had a hair band mullet, is he a celebrity?  @Blarg works in Hollywood, celebrity?

5 minutes ago, Baghdad Strad said:

To me this still comes down to my belief that none of us are entitled to the cause of death.  I can’t really think of anything more private than cause of death.  Who gives two shits if the person is a “celebrity” or not?  And when does “celebrity” end?  Is @Chuckster70 a celebrity because Rex and Steve mentioned his name on their telecast when Chuck wore a black t shirt to an Angels game?  @Adam used to do stand up, and helped with our podcast, does that make him a celebrity? @Geoff had a hair band mullet, is he a celebrity?  @Blarg works in Hollywood, celebrity?

14A986B6-1E8E-4C01-9974-473FF96B5606.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Baghdad Strad said:

How?  Did I miss where they insinuated that he had a heart attack?  I know there was a heart condition history in the family, but I don’t remember anyone with the Angels eluding to that, just the authors of the stories.  Also, even if the Angels knew is it their place to let the world know they had an employee die of a drug overdose?  Wouldn’t the family be the one that should release that information?  

Nobody said the Angels insinuated anything. In the absence of the truth, people concluded that it was "natural causes."

Therefore the tributes, patches, murals, etc.

If a "skid row bum" chokes on his own vomit after an overdose, we at least get the real story.

Just now, Jay said:

Nobody said the Angels insinuated anything. In the absence of the truth, people concluded that it was "natural causes."

If a "skid row bum" chokes on his own vomit after an overdose, we at least get the real story.

You insinuated it Jay, that was my point.  Are you suggesting they shouldn’t have done the patches because he OD’d?  They would have still done the patches and the tribute and had his mom throw out the first pitch and the players would still be in pain.  Nothing would have changed.  And once again “the real story” who gives a shit, why should we feel entitled to it.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Literally no one thought it was "natural causes". I'm pretty sure we all knew it was something like this, but didn't say it because we didn't have all the facts.

We still don't, really. And we probably never will.

Skaggs fucked up. That doesn't change the fact his death had a huge impact on his family and teammates, as well as the fans.

10 hours ago, yk9001 said:

I don't have any animosity to or for him. I think it is sad, and I think Skaggs was selfish.

And I think the tributes, and number on the mound, and hashtags and creepy illustrations of Skaggs overlooking the outfield are an embarrassment. If a dude in skid row in downtown LA had done what he did, this board wouldn't give a rats ass.

You are painting Skaggs as if he never did anything positive.  I think we can still honor the man that visited kids in hospitals, spent time with fans, and was approachable.

He didn't get wasted and drive his expensive car through a red light killing a mom and her three kids.

The cause of his death is tragic,  but I  am not going to let that color his entire life.

Hopefully this will help other athletes that might be in the same situation.