• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs autopsy results

mmc

Regardless of why Skaggs took the drugs, I pray that his family, his friends, his teammates and the fans can find peace in this tough situation. Not every question we have will be answered. Just one more month of this nightmare of a season, and the players need a nice mental break in the offseason to regroup for hopefully a productive and successful 2020. 

3 minutes ago, Halokingfish said:

Regardless of why Skaggs took the drugs, I pray that his family, his friends, his teammates and the fans can find peace in this tough situation. Not every question we have will be answered. Just one more month of this nightmare of a season, and the players need a nice mental break in the offseason to regroup for hopefully a productive and successful 2020. 

They have found peace in the form of shyster lawyer Rusty Hardin. 

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

Imagine 50 years from now, some young Angels fan reviewing the 2019 Angels season via a photo album,  or time machine:

"Wow, look at these incredible tributes to #45. What was his deal, did he cure cancer? Did he die while stopping an armed robbery?"

"No, he choked on his own vomit while getting loaded by himself in his hotel room on a road trip."

"Oh"

Photo album?

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

Imagine 50 years from now, some young Angels fan reviewing the 2019 Angels season via a photo album,  or time machine:

"Wow, look at these incredible tributes to #45. What was his deal, did he cure cancer? Did he die while stopping an armed robbery?"

"No, he choked on his own vomit while getting loaded by himself in his hotel room on a road trip."

"Oh"

50 years from now this post will be a perfect representation of you, nicely done. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Didn't someone post a video of Skaggs wedding and reception and it showed him popping some pill with his drink? 

Just speculating, but he could have been addicted to alcohol and pain meds for a while now and unfortunately got one laced with too much Fentanyl that ultimately killed him while he was asleep. 

This is the most realistic, and unfortunate, scenario I think. He didn’t have to be a habitual heavy drinker, he didn’t need to have a heavy opiate addiction. He was careless in mixing pain pills with alcohol, unlucky (potentially) in that he acquired pills laced with fentanyl, and reckless in thinking having a few drinks on top of that would have any affect - he was an athlete, prime of his life, surely a few drinks and a pain pill won’t stop him.

I think this underscores how Facking dangerous pain pills and pain pill addiction really are. I don’t think we as a society realize how risky that combo is because both alcohol and pain pills are so prevalent. Take a bit of bad luck and a poor decision with a fentanyl-laced batch and it’s not that big of a surprise. 

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

"Oh"

I can't image anything more sad than dying alone, in a hotel room.  I guess that is not enough punishment for some.

2 hours ago, Baghdad Strad said:

50 years from now this post will be a perfect representation of you, nicely done. 

The guy who has showed up for work - sober - for 30 years, and didn't leave his newly wed wife behind after a booze-drug combo bender is the bad guy.

OKay.

Obviously I am not condoning the drug use even a little bit, but the drinking?  Who here hasn’t gotten drunk on a business trip?  I absolutely have, twice.  Once in my 20’s and once in my 30’s.  Neither of those times was it “on the clock” so to speak.  

Just now, Lou said:

Whew! For a minute there I thought I was the only one. If I want to talk about business, I pick up a phone

We recently started making most of our events dry events, but for the first 30 years, that wasn’t the case.  We had a drinking culture so to speak.  We still have weeks at the owners ranch where it is nonstop drinking.  

On 8/30/2019 at 12:56 PM, RallyMo said:

This is very sad.

It's also rather unsurprising.

Having been involved with a lot of drug detoxification cases and having seen several accidental deaths, this was my first conclusion when I heard what had happened. Apart from an undiagnosed congenital heart condition - which is unlikely in a professional athlete, with all of the evaluations that they go through - this was one of a very few remaining possibilities with someone that young suddenly dying.