• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brad Ausmus on the collision at homeplate

8 hours ago, Lou said:

Yadier Molina calls out Jake Marisnick for violent home plate collision in expletive-filled rant

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/yadier-molina-home-plate-collision-expletive-filled-rant-044742494.html

There’s already tension with the Cards and Astros.   Astros pissed at the Cards’ alleged spying several years back, and now this.

A fun series when they next meet

Lucroy looked to be in a similar position to how the Red Sox catcher Gedman was positioned when Ruppert Jones scores the tying run in the bottom of the 9th after Henderson’s HR in the top of it in ALCS game 5 in 1986.

Yet, Jones was able to head first hook slide around Gedman to tie the game up.

I guess the question is, as Jeff alluded to earlier, when running in a straight line, does that make it more difficult to hook slide?

9 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Lucroy was standing 10 feet in front of the plate  ...  maybe he should of started the hook slide as he’s rounding third base ? 

All he had to do was stay outside the line, he chose to move in.  
Im not beating this horse any further if you cant see by now with everything youve been shown, you arent going to see it. 

16 hours ago, Kody Mac said:

2 things stand out immediately to me...

1) Marisnik has the back half of the plate all day the whole way on that play, yet he launches himself at the front portion of the plate with his shoulder down. 

2) How often do players try and slide in safe to home on the front part of the plate? Especially when they can see the whole back half wide open?

Even if it wasn’t intentionally dirty, it’s a dumb facking play that has me questioning Marisnik’s intelligence. 

Totally dirty. As you said the back half of the plate was wide open by design. It was intentional contact and violent contact to the head. Should have been ejected and should be suspended. Regardless of whether the contact to the head was intentional or not, it still was made. If they are serious about protecting players and their financial asses, they should suspend him to the max.

26 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

That rule is one of the best ideas that MLB has had.  There is no reason for catchers to be made into human pinatas.

The second part is enforcing it.

This is clearly to me the most egregious incident since the rule was changed, it need to be dealt with in an appropriate manner. 

14 minutes ago, Kody Mac said:

I’m not a fan of throwing at another player intentionally. Our pitchers don’t have the greatest control as it is, nor do I want any extra runners on base. 

I completely agree. That’s why I’m confused about the WeNasty thing. That nickname is more of a Dodger type thing. Our organization is far from being nasty. We are struggling to get out of 4th place. We certainly don’t need to be throwing at hitters and face retaliation on Trout or Ohtani. Let’s BeNasty in the postseason.

1 minute ago, Calzone 2 said:

I completely agree. That’s why I’m confused about the WeNasty thing. That nickname is more of a Dodger type thing. Our organization is far from being nasty. We are struggling to get out of 4th place. We certainly don’t need to be throwing at hitters and face retaliation on Trout or Ohtani. Let’s BeNasty in the postseason.

dance shitting GIF by Motiongarten

7 hours ago, tempe85 said:

This is the best angle for the collision I've found: 

https://imgur.com/gallery/X4iTYVP#dfb15yp

It seems pretty obvious to me that the outside of the plate is open the entire time he is running, Lucroy barely moves, and the runner unnecessarily sidesteps into him. 

This is a good angle. Shows exactly what Marisnick wanted to do. 

8 hours ago, tempe85 said:

This is the best angle for the collision I've found: 

https://imgur.com/gallery/X4iTYVP#dfb15yp

It seems pretty obvious to me that the outside of the plate is open the entire time he is running, Lucroy barely moves, and the runner unnecessarily sidesteps into him. 

I don't see how anyone can watch this and still maintain that it was unintentional.