• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brad Ausmus on the collision at homeplate

Bullshit. He didn't choose until he was three strides from Lucroy and he wasn't sliding. He saw Lucroy was going to get the ball in time and took him out. He was racing down the foul line and cut across to hit him and hit him hard. The excuses for this asshole are amazing.

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

What a bunch of Facking idiots. Not once did Lucroy make a move to cross the basepath line into foul territory. Only one person crossed over from where they started, that was Marisnick that lowered the boom on Lucroy like a seasoned veteran of smashmouth football from an era gone by. These people arguing it is Lucroy's fault believe in the Twin Towers Conspiracy theories and the Pentagon was attacked with a missile and not a jet liner. Dumbasses.

1. Think before you speak

In the heat of the moment, it's easy to say something you'll later regret. Take a few moments to collect your thoughts before saying anything — and allow others involved in the situation to do the same.

2. Once you're calm, express your anger

As soon as you're thinking clearly, express your frustration in an assertive but nonconfrontational way. State your concerns and needs clearly and directly, without hurting others or trying to control them.

3. Get some exercise

Physical activity can help reduce stress that can cause you to become angry. If you feel your anger escalating, go for a brisk walk or run, or spend some time doing other enjoyable physical activities.

4. Take a timeout

Timeouts aren't just for kids. Give yourself short breaks during times of the day that tend to be stressful. A few moments of quiet time might help you feel better prepared to handle what's ahead without getting irritated or angry.

5. Identify possible solutions

Instead of focusing on what made you mad, work on resolving the issue at hand. Does your child's messy room drive you crazy? Close the door. Is your partner late for dinner every night? Schedule meals later in the evening — or agree to eat on your own a few times a week. Remind yourself that anger won't fix anything and might only make it worse.

6. Stick with 'I' statements

To avoid criticizing or placing blame — which might only increase tension — use "I" statements to describe the problem. Be respectful and specific. For example, say, "I'm upset that you left the table without offering to help with the dishes" instead of "You never do any housework."

7. Don't hold a grudge

Forgiveness is a powerful tool. If you allow anger and other negative feelings to crowd out positive feelings, you might find yourself swallowed up by your own bitterness or sense of injustice. But if you can forgive someone who angered you, you might both learn from the situation and strengthen your relationship.

8. Use humor to release tension

Lightening up can help diffuse tension. Use humor to help you face what's making you angry and, possibly, any unrealistic expectations you have for how things should go. Avoid sarcasm, though — it can hurt feelings and make things worse.

9. Practice relaxation skills

When your temper flares, put relaxation skills to work. Practice deep-breathing exercises, imagine a relaxing scene, or repeat a calming word or phrase, such as "Take it easy." You might also listen to music, write in a journal or do a few yoga poses — whatever it takes to encourage relaxation.

10. Know when to seek help

Learning to control anger is a challenge for everyone at times. Seek help for anger issues if your anger seems out of control, causes you to do things you regret or hurts those around you.

•  

11 minutes ago, #WeNasty said:

Ok, I think you’re an idiot.  With all due respect. 

Well that’s ok. I’m not here to call people names or cuss people out. We’re all here to discuss baseball. It’s a message board. It’s not a life or death situation if you’re wrong or right. If someone disagrees with a poster they should just state the reasons why instead of attacking them with unnecessary  fowl language and ridicule. Just discuss the topic in a respectful manner and leave it at that. There’s always more than one opinion. If everyone had to agreed on everything this board would probably have about 10 members. 

46 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

1. Think before you speak

In the heat of the moment, it's easy to say something you'll later regret. Take a few moments to collect your thoughts before saying anything — and allow others involved in the situation to do the same.

2. Once you're calm, express your anger

As soon as you're thinking clearly, express your frustration in an assertive but nonconfrontational way. State your concerns and needs clearly and directly, without hurting others or trying to control them.

3. Get some exercise

Physical activity can help reduce stress that can cause you to become angry. If you feel your anger escalating, go for a brisk walk or run, or spend some time doing other enjoyable physical activities.

4. Take a timeout

Timeouts aren't just for kids. Give yourself short breaks during times of the day that tend to be stressful. A few moments of quiet time might help you feel better prepared to handle what's ahead without getting irritated or angry.

5. Identify possible solutions

Instead of focusing on what made you mad, work on resolving the issue at hand. Does your child's messy room drive you crazy? Close the door. Is your partner late for dinner every night? Schedule meals later in the evening — or agree to eat on your own a few times a week. Remind yourself that anger won't fix anything and might only make it worse.

6. Stick with 'I' statements

To avoid criticizing or placing blame — which might only increase tension — use "I" statements to describe the problem. Be respectful and specific. For example, say, "I'm upset that you left the table without offering to help with the dishes" instead of "You never do any housework."

7. Don't hold a grudge

Forgiveness is a powerful tool. If you allow anger and other negative feelings to crowd out positive feelings, you might find yourself swallowed up by your own bitterness or sense of injustice. But if you can forgive someone who angered you, you might both learn from the situation and strengthen your relationship.

8. Use humor to release tension

Lightening up can help diffuse tension. Use humor to help you face what's making you angry and, possibly, any unrealistic expectations you have for how things should go. Avoid sarcasm, though — it can hurt feelings and make things worse.

9. Practice relaxation skills

When your temper flares, put relaxation skills to work. Practice deep-breathing exercises, imagine a relaxing scene, or repeat a calming word or phrase, such as "Take it easy." You might also listen to music, write in a journal or do a few yoga poses — whatever it takes to encourage relaxation.

10. Know when to seek help

Learning to control anger is a challenge for everyone at times. Seek help for anger issues if your anger seems out of control, causes you to do things you regret or hurts those around you.

•  

Dude I followed most of your stupid rules before I posted this:

33 minutes ago, #WeNasty said:

Ok, I think you’re an idiot.  With all due respect. 

1 minute ago, #WeNasty said:

Dude I followed most of your stupid rules before I posted this:

Well that’s fine. My post is more about reaching out to everyone to remind them that angelswin is suppose to be about fun baseball discussions. Right or wrong there is absolutely no reason to lose your cool over things that happen on and off the field. Keep the peace. It’s baseball. 

34 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

In stradlings defense, we’re all idiots. 

Well yea, but I do find that the deep-breathing exercises work very well before posting. And just because I believe in the twin towers conspiracy doesn’t make me a bad person. 

Edited by Calzone 2

It’s been a couple days since I participated in this thread, but I would suggest watching the play at regular speed. 

Lucroy simply needs to move his glove or shift his weight or turn his shoulders to give Marisnick reason to believe he’s going to the outside. You can’t simply look at Lucroy’s feet and say he “didn’t move.”

He’s running 29 feet per second, straight down the line, and has about a half second to make the decision of which way to go.

Yes. He made the wrong decision. He changed direction and made contact, which is why he was called out. 

But it’s really hard to believe he wanted to hit Lucroy at all, let alone hurt him. That looks like a good way for the runner to get hurt too, so it seems unlikely a collision was his intent. 

31 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

But it’s really hard to believe he wanted to hit Lucroy at all, let alone hurt him. That looks like a good way for the runner to get hurt too, so it seems unlikely a collision was his intent. 

He didn't slide... he went in head first leading with his shoulders... I doubt his intention was to "hurt" Lucroy - but it seems to me that a collision was definitely his intent.  His intent was to make sure Lucroy couldn't tag him out if the throw beat him, IMO.

36 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It’s been a couple days since I participated in this thread, but I would suggest watching the play at regular speed. 

Lucroy simply needs to move his glove or shift his weight or turn his shoulders to give Marisnick reason to believe he’s going to the outside. You can’t simply look at Lucroy’s feet and say he “didn’t move.”

He’s running 29 feet per second, straight down the line, and has about a half second to make the decision of which way to go.

Yes. He made the wrong decision. He changed direction and made contact, which is why he was called out. 

Jeff I completely agree and feel that it was just a freak accident. Do you think that this incident will force more rule changes to better protect both the runner and the catcher. The plate is in fair territory and that’s where the runner needs to go. Maybe they need to paint some kind of safe zone for the catchers like they do for the hockey goalies. The catcher should have to be to the right of the plate instead of in front of it. His mitt should be the only thing involved in the play. 

Edited by Calzone 2

2 minutes ago, True Grich said:

He didn't slide... he went in head first leading with his shoulders... I doubt his intention was to "hurt" Lucroy - but it seems to me that a collision was definitely his intent.  His intent was to make sure Lucroy couldn't tag him out if the throw beat him, IMO.

I think it’s because he realized he’d made the wrong choice and couldn’t slide because there was no place to slide. 

3 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Jeff I completely agree and feel that it was just a freak accident. Do you think that this incident will force more rule changes to better protect both the runner and the catcher. The plate is in fair territory and that’s where the runner needs to go. Maybe they need to paint some kind of safe zone for the catchers like they do for the hockey goal tenders. 

I think they do a pretty good job protecting them. Marisnick was called out. That’s the rule. If you change direction and hit the catcher, you’re out, so there’s no incentive to do it. 

But accidents happen. You can’t prevent them any more than you can prevent players from missing ground balls or striking out.

When you have split seconds to react to moving objects (a ball or another person) you sometimes miscalculate. 

Just now, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think it’s because he realized he’d made the wrong choice and couldn’t slide because there was no place to slide. 

His choice was clearly in front of him, he crossed over and hit Lucroy. This was no accident or miss judgement, he did not slide he rammed him. If it were a slide, at the distance he was traveling he would have been under Lucroy not shoulder to neck. If his intent was to reach the plate without contact he would have stayed on the foul side. There was absolutely no lane on the inside path at any point in this play.

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

Bullshit. He didn't choose until he was three strides from Lucroy and he wasn't sliding. He saw Lucroy was going to get the ball in time and took him out. He was racing down the foul line and cut across to hit him and hit him hard. The excuses for this asshole are amazing.

Time out 

You don’t believe that Lucroy could of avoided the collision by moving out of his way?

49 minutes ago, True Grich said:

You don’t go in with your shoulders with your hands and arms outstretched in front of you. 

See video 

27 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Time out 

You don’t believe that Lucroy could of avoided the collision by moving out of his way?

Are you really going to be this stupid? Lucroy was in the process of fielding the ball, by rule giving a lane for the runner and had zero time to move from the ball arrival to Marisnek's shoulder. Only Marisnek had an option to change direction, his choice was to hit Lucroy.