• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brad Ausmus on the collision at homeplate

22 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Waiting for people to be outraged that it’s not enough

You dont have to wait long... i think its freaking bullshit.  It a slap on the wrist for intent to make contact.  Guys get more for throwing at people when they have full deniability, this was quite obvious.  Again i donmt think he intended to hurt him, but he certainly intended to make the contact happen. 

I think it’s low, particularly given the results to Lucroy, but at least it’s something. 

Either way, I’ve enjoyed watch the discussion trajectory among Astros fans:

Marisnick hits Lucroy: “Haha, we scored!”

Replay shows Marisnick is out: “Boo! Bad call! It was Lucroy’s fault!”

Former Astros catcher, Ausmus, comments post-game that the league should take a look at giving Marisnick a suspension for the play: “You mad, bro? What an idiot - he’ll admit it was Lucroy’s fault and Jake is a genuine saint when he cools off.”

League announces they’re looking at the play and considering a suspension: “For what? Jake is more wholesome than apple pie! He’s literally Captain America! Total accident. You can’t suspend him without intent.”

Marisnick is suspended 2 games for “reckless play without intent to injure”: “Ok...But Jake still isn’t a dirty player.”

At every juncture their stupid attempts at logic are disproved and it is glorious. 

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

MLB was seemingly caught in between on the 2 games suspension.  

They had to act, since a catcher was injured via something against the rules.   But Marisnick was apologetic, albeit seemingly a bit naïve.  

So they seemingly gave a short suspension as a result? 

I agree. 

Clearly Marisnick was negligent and careless. However, it’s reasonable to think that it was an accident, rather than malicious intent to make contact/injure. 

A 2-game suspension basically says: “Be more careful next time.”

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I agree. 

Clearly Marisnick was negligent and careless. However, it’s reasonable to think that it was an accident, rather than malicious intent to make contact/injure. 

A 2-game suspension basically says: “Be more careful next time.”

Odds it gets reduced to one? I hope not - a one game suspension is a suspension in name only. It’s utterly meaningless. It doesn’t even function as a “Be more careful next time”. Two games is at least something, even if it’s not that big of a deal. 

i would’ve gone for five, but I think most league punishments are a joke. Hitting a batter deliberately doesn’t even get a real suspension for a pitcher. Neutered deterrent. 

Meh, shouldn't be allowed to play anymore as far as I'm concerned.  Either he did it on purpose (hit him on purpose, not injure him on purpose) or he really did it on accident in which case he is not fit to be called a professional baseball player.  Either way he's a danger on the field and shouldn't be allowed to play.  

I say this a bit tongue in cheek, but I definitely feel 2 games is not enough.  It should have been a 10 game suspension otherwise, as stated, it isn't enough to deter other players from doing it in the future.  

Edited by AngelsFanSince86