• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brad Ausmus on the collision at homeplate

3 minutes ago, RBM said:

....He needs to be suspended and drilled in the back the next time he hits against us. 

He won’t be suspended but you can bet the farm he’ll get plunked the next series with the Stros....

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

No way.  Y'all are nuts.  That was not dirty.  

What is it you don't get about two sides of the baseline? LuCroy and Dipshit were on opposites sides of the baseline and he crossed over specifically to hit him. At no moment in time is LuCroy not on the field side of the baseline and a clear path exists to the plate. 

Not only does he cross over he specifically aims for the head. It was as dirty as it can get, this is spearing in football and enough for fines and game suspension. 

22 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Yes.

I posted a video.

Did you actually read the thread?

No my presence here is due to the force.  

He was outside, moved in without any reason or necessity to do so, and made contact. anything else is speculation but it is an absolute that he created the contact.  The Umps got it right, and i suspect mlb will have a say as well. 

27 minutes ago, Blarg said:

What is it you don't get about two sides of the baseline? LuCroy and Dipshit were on opposites sides of the baseline and he crossed over specifically to hit him. At no moment in time is LuCroy not on the field side of the baseline and a clear path exists to the plate. 

Not only does he cross over he specifically aims for the head. It was as dirty as it can get, this is spearing in football and enough for fines and game suspension. 

I think it is much more difficult to determine where to go and then react while running at full speed than it is to while watching a slow motion video. I also think the one angle shows him trying to go back the other way but it was too late 

3 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I think it is much more difficult to determine where to go and then react while running at full speed than it is to while watching a slow motion video. I also think the one angle shows him trying to go back the other way but it was too late 

Lucroy never caught the ball so the Angels caught a break on that play.

Come on, (comma inserted) guys. Don't you remember all those times that a throw from the right fielder reached the catcher at the back and third base side of the plate? Marinsick was just playing the odds*.

*The odds that it was actually coming from the Astros' on deck circle

Edited by arch stanton

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Lucroy was inside the whole time. There was no time when Marisnick should have been going to the inside. 

I can’t read his mind so I don’t know if it was malicious or just careless, but it was definitely against the rules. 

Isn't home plate technically located inside the line. 

77B1BB4C-864E-4353-9E49-8AED2F36ECD8.jpeg

Edited by Calzone 2

1 hour ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

I agree with @ScottT  

Lucroy moved to his left, Marisnick responded by moving to his left. Lucroy then moves to the right directly in front of Marisnick who is committed and has no time to react. 

Against the rules yeah, but not dirty by any means. 

Marisnick literally jumped across the line to hit LuCroy. His last two steps he crossed over the line. LuCroy was never not on the field side of the line, it was Marisnick that changed directions to initiate contact while abandoning the clear path to the plate. 

Y'all numbskulls. 

I think Marisnick intended to barrel over Lucroy, kind of like players of yore would, but when he realized he seriously hurt Lucroy he had an "Oh shit" moment and felt terrible about it. Honestly if this was 20 years ago it would have just been seen as part of being a Catcher, but now with concussion protocols and the like it makes Marisnick look bad. I'm sure he didn't intend to knock Lucroy out, but he obviously stepped into charging over him.

Edited by John Taylor

46 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Two steps directly at the player, not towards the free lane provided. Merisnick is lying his ass off claiming it was a mistake.