• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brad Ausmus on the collision at homeplate

Asmus should have demanded Marisnick be ejected for changing his path and using his shoulder to spear LuCroy. Scioscia would have been in the home umpire's face and demanded they do a review for rules violation.

When Marisnick wasn't ejected Asmus should have filed a protest. Asmus is a shitty manager, he should know the rulebook and beat the umpires over the head with it.

3 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I dunno.  He changed directions.  Not to hit Lucroy, but to try to score.  I don't think that is suspension worthy.  

Rough week for this team. Damn, 

Oh for fucks sake, Scott, he stepped into Lucroy. He was coming down the outside line and took a big step inside to where Lucroy was fixed, where there was no clear path to the plate and lowered his shoulder to wipe him out. If he stayed on his path he slides on the outside side of the plate away from Lucroy.

This was a dirty play. He is going to be suspended.

Lost is the fact that Lucroy never cleanly catches the ball. The ball is coming out of his mitt before any contact is made (watch the replay in slow motion) so therefore Marisnick getting called out for his aggressive approach actually bails Lucroy out. 

4E0A1D98-902C-4984-889C-0E27B12E80E4.jpeg

Edited by Calzone 2

42 minutes ago, Blarg said:

If he stayed on his path he slides on the outside side of the plate away from Lucroy.

He would've been safe because Lucroy never caught the ball. The ball comes out of his mitt before any contact.

Edited by Calzone 2

50 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Marisnick changed directions, but clearly didn't know where the ball was coming. How could he?  That was not dirty.  No way.  

I 100% disagree.  Knowing where the ball is isnt the issue, knowing where the catcher is is.  He could have easily slide to the outside and had a higher chance of being safe and avoided the contact altogether.  He changed direction into Lucroy going from outside the line to in, and put his head down.  It was deliberate, it was butch, and he should be suspended

4 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I wonder if he saw the angle from behind home plate before he made that comment 

Oh, and being the Angels manager.... considering  this week...he might be a bit biased and angry.  

I don’t know...Ausmus doesn’t seem hesitant to say what he thinks....He’s pretty honest, without sounding like a whiner... refreshing actually....