• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs, R.I.P.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

While I truly appreciate everything the Rangers organization has done, every other team would have done the same. 

I still hate the team on the field (except Jesse Chavez)

Heck, even the Doyers had a nice, yet brief tribute and moment of silence.  Makes me despise them a little less...for now.  There's video of it on the At Bat app for yesterday's game.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Does anyone have a good quality image of the #45 patch the Angels were wearing? I'd like to place this someone on our forum for the entirety of the 2019 calendar year. 

I'll be keeping the memorial picture of Tyler Skaggs up through the 4th of July, but would like to keep something more permanent for the year. 

If you have something, please PM me. 

Thanks guys! 

tyler-skaggs-angels-45-memorial-patch-20

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but Albert Pujols went through this with Darryl Kile.  He was the one who brought out Kile's jersey when they won in the playoffs.  I can't help but think this is difficult and all too familiar for him, even if Kile died 17 years ago.  A young unexpected death is just so heartbreaking.

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Does anyone have a good quality image of the #45 patch the Angels were wearing? I'd like to place this someone on our forum for the entirety of the 2019 calendar year. 

I'll be keeping the memorial picture of Tyler Skaggs up through the 4th of July, but would like to keep something more permanent for the year. 

If you have something, please PM me. 

Thanks guys! 

They announced they're going with this patch now.

Skaggs Patch.jpg

8 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

not that it's a requirement, but haven't heard or seen anything from Richards in regards to skaggs.  

A lot of these guys are still destroyed. Was going to mention it earlier, some of the guys who arent with the team anymore but were close with him are in a weird zone. They lost the same friend, but arent part of the group, so to speak.

More just staying out of the light i think.

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

I kind of doubt it, but don't know for sure.  It's a pretty simple design though.  I'm sure any patch shop could recreate it for you.

Some patch places on eBay are but it's not the samw, I just assumed it'd go to a charity or something

4 hours ago, The_Outrunner said:

Do you think they'll release these patches to the public? Do teams ever do that?

They released an Adenhart patch, after the season, with proceeds to charity.  Might be a decent way to fund any charities he cared about.  

I bought one for just to kind of acknowledge that, you know, his passing meant something to me, but could never actually put it on anything.