• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs, R.I.P.

Late Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs, wife opened up about wedding and family plans before his death

Tragedy struck the Los Angeles Angels on Monday when pitcher Tyler Skaggs was found dead in his Texas hotel room hours before his team was set to take on the Texas Rangers.

Three months before Skaggs’ sudden passing, in an April interview with Wealth Management, he and his wife, Carli, opened up about their wedding and their plans to start a family

Their wedding celebration was nearly derailed when the place they had picked out in Malibu, Calif., was being threatened by a wildfire, they shared with the outlet. The room where the 200-plus guests were going to join the Skaggs for the reception was spared while most of the grounds around it were charred, according to the magazine.

“This was important to us. But it was nothing compared to the way people’s lives were being impacted,” Skaggs said of the fires. “A thousand things go into planning a wedding, but no one ever plans on their venue burning.”

The two went through with their wedding. Carli Skaggs also opened up about their plans for children in the future.

“Tyler wants his children to be able to see him pitch,” Carli Skaggs told the website.

She also talked about being the spouse of a professional athlete.

“Being a so-called ‘baseball wife’ has a stress all its own,” she said. “Since Tyler’s regularly on the move, we lack that traditional stability.”

The two married in December – just about eight months before the pitcher’s death.

The cause of Tyler Skaggs’ death wasn’t immediately known. The results of an autopsy are set to be released in October.

image.png.d087528cedbb39af604077961a89e674.png

Did you guys see this...?

LA Angels Tyler Skaggs Death: Santa Monica Observer Claims Threats Led Them To Scrub Story On Opioids

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/la-angels-tyler-skaggs-death-183333612.html

Santa Monica Observer publisher David Ganezer has issued an op-ed explaining why his media outlet removed a story speculating that 27-year-old Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs died of an opioid overdose.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Did you guys see this...?

LA Angels Tyler Skaggs Death: Santa Monica Observer Claims Threats Led Them To Scrub Story On Opioids

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/la-angels-tyler-skaggs-death-183333612.html

Santa Monica Observer publisher David Ganezer has issued an op-ed explaining why his media outlet removed a story speculating that 27-year-old Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs died of an opioid overdose.

Someone posted the article here. The first version said it was cocaine. Then it was changed to say opioids after the Angels PR dept. contacted the website and complained. Dochalo removed all the links to the article here on the board before the website removed the story.

5 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

I could be wrong, but Skaggs death does appear to be drug related since the autopsy didn't show anything unusual. The family told the medical examiner not to release the results of the toxicology report until October.

Is this all known to be true or just guessing?

8 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

I could be wrong, but Skaggs death does appear to be drug related since the autopsy didn't show anything unusual. The family told the medical examiner not to release the results of the toxicology report until October.

Tarrant Co. Medical Examiner says it will withhold autopsy information regarding Tyler Skaggs, per the family's request, pending completion of a final examination. It estimates a completion date of Oct. 2.T

Well, not having released the results of the autopsy doesn't imply "drugs" - b/c there's no autopsy finding - at least not officially - because they were asked to withhold the *autopsy* finding - but when the toxicology tests are completed, and the report goes final, cause/manner of death will be public information.

(there may be leaks earlier, of course.)

And if, say, opioids were found in his room, likely the police would already have said that. 

But someone dying at his age, in this manner, statistically drugs are the usual culprit, but could be an undiagnosed congenital heart condition, like hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and often, something as "simple" as sleep apnea.  

I'd say let's not do the "dead pool" with this, and not speculate to try to be "right."  

49 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

Is this all known to be true or just guessing?

It was in an article I read that said they didn't find anything from the autopsy and were waiting on the toxicology report. This is not the specific article I read, but it says something similar. If I find the original I'll post it, but it said something alone the lines of "Autopsy completed with nothing found - waiting on toxicology report, but family requests the toxicology report not be released till October."

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/07/mlb-player-tyler-skaggs-autopsy-completed-cause-of-death-pending-toxicology/

3 hours ago, DCAngelsFan said:

But someone dying at his age, in this manner, drugs are the usual culprit, but could be an undiagnosed congenital heart condition, like hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and often, something as "simple" as sleep apnea.  

I'd say let's not do the "deal pool" with this, and not speculate to try to be "right."  

I'm just really sad about the whole thing and eager to find out what happened. 

Am I the only one that thinks this is an invasion of privacy?  Why would the cause of death of anyone have to be public record if no foul play was suspected?  I get that people are interested, but why should we be privy to this information?  The cause of death won’t make any of this better.  

6 minutes ago, #WeNasty said:

Am I the only one that thinks this is an invasion of privacy?  Why would the cause of death of anyone have to be public record if no foul play was suspected?  I get that people are interested, but why should we be privy to this information?  The cause of death won’t make any of this better.  

Are you talking about Skaggs specifically, or just in general?

18 minutes ago, #WeNasty said:

if you don't issue a formal statement at some point then you run the risk of letting speculation represent the conclusion.  The last thing the family wants or needs is a bunch of random articles posturing that it was something it wasn't.  

This was a fairly public death.  That, unfortunately, has to be acknowledged and dealt with.  

1 hour ago, #WeNasty said:

Ok, fair enough, so then why do you and I get to know?  

I asked myself that same question when my brother committed suicide and it was all over the local papers. I didn't understand why they would publish his manner of death and his name without my mother's consent.  And he was nothing more than a private citizen.

Skaggs is a famous well known athlete who is in the public eye. So of course you and I get to know.

I personally don't think it's right, but that's the way it is. 

1 hour ago, #WeNasty said:

Me neither.  Are we supposed to feel better if he had a heart condition?

No, but knowing helps with closure, and possibly preventing something like this happening again to someone else.

You don't always have to see things from the negative side.