• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels opt out of stadium lease in Anaheim

Thomas

6 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Kroenke wouldn’t give Arte a piece of ownership of that building. It’s his and his alone. 

That’s strictly a football stadium anyway. Kroenke has plenty of space there to build a separate baseball stadium. 

Then there’s the land in Carson that they were going to put the Raiders/Chargers stadium on. 

Im sure the Angels have been doing some searching the last couple years and are better prepared with leverage this time. 

9 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I know that but I thought I remembered that it wasn't Irvine city property.  I thought it was county property.

never mind, I read about just now.  Less than 10% of the land from the base is being used for the park.  The rest is being developed.

I wish I could take back my vote from Measure F.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Let's not all get distracted with where another ballpark might be built.  The most important thing here is protecting the grey field mouse that could be endangered at the construction site.

And climate change.  No new ballpark if there is impact on climate.  We certainly don't want cyclones in Tustin.

Cyclones occur in the South Pacific and Indian Ocean. Here it would be called a hurricane.

1 minute ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Cyclones occur in the South Pacific and Indian Ocean. Here it would be called a hurricane.

With no mid-latitude cyclones coming in each winter, California would be an even drier place than it already is.

9 minutes ago, gklingel52 said:

FYI , “of Anaheim “ no longer exists. They are now officially the Los Angeles Angels. 

Has there been anything official? It seems to be based on a proposed agreement between the COA and team that was never signed.

38 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Has there been anything official? It seems to be based on a proposed agreement between the COA and team that was never signed.

oddly enough I was checking on some information to date a picture I was getting printed and saw this today and thought to myself...oh, I didn't realize it was made official

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_League_West

The city of Anaheim has certainly been standing up for itself more lately, including with the giant mouse down the street. Whether that lasts through the next election or not is yet to be seen.

I don't think the land in Tustin is available anymore as they've been doing some massive development projects in that area lately. Anaheim is still the best location that is fairly central to all of Orange County, the eastern parts of LA county and the inland empire. Hard to find another area that doesn't lose you a big part of your current fan base and there isn't a lot of empty space in the county unless you start heading down south...which starts creating issues with people from LA and the IE getting to games.

Still think Anaheim is the most logical unless he feels somewhere like the IE can make up for losing a good portion of Orange County. I can't imagine trying to make a game out there with that traffic.

Help me out here.

What has having the Angels and Disneyland exactly done for the city of Anaheim?

The city looks like the same middle class to lower middle class craphole that surrounding inland OC cities are.  Fullerton, Tustin, Buena Park, Fountain Valley, etc.

I've been to a couple of the Anaheim high schools - they certainly aren't pouring extra money into those.  

So what exactly has the city gotten out of these two cash cows for the last 50 years?  I am genuinely curious.  Are sales taxes lower in Anaheim?

8 minutes ago, red321 said:

The city of Anaheim has certainly been standing up for itself more lately, including with the giant mouse down the street. Whether that lasts through the next election or not is yet to be seen.

I don't think the land in Tustin is available anymore as they've been doing some massive development projects in that area lately. Anaheim is still the best location that is fairly central to all of Orange County, the eastern parts of LA county and the inland empire. Hard to find another area that doesn't lose you a big part of your current fan base and there isn't a lot of empty space in the county unless you start heading down south...which starts creating issues with people from LA and the IE getting to games.

Still think Anaheim is the most logical unless he feels somewhere like the IE can make up for losing a good portion of Orange County. I can't imagine trying to make a game out there with that traffic.

Agree with you on Anaheim being the best place for them -- it's as close to a midway point between whatever fan base they have in LA and their bread and butter base in OC.   

IMO, this is all about the team realizing there is an outgoing Mayor and the potential to reopen negotiations which wouldn't be the case if they didn't opt out.    Best case scenario (as a fan), the Angels let him play with the land and he turns around and remakes Angel Stadium with all the bells and whistles.   But I dont see him wanting to put in the money it would take unless he could develop the land and reap the profits from that venture.

3 hours ago, Aaronkv said:

Gotta be for a better deal, and access to develop some of the parking lot.

How much did Arte just spend on all new video and ribbon boards. Sure those wern't cheap just to leave in a few years.

And the new yellow line on the outfield wall.