• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels opt out of stadium lease in Anaheim

Thomas

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

The name debacle will be a millstone around Arte's neck until the day he sells the team.  

@Inside Pitch can speak better to this point than i about the value of being called 'los angeles angels' but i know that it helped with bringing in more money for the tv deal.

if they can still get that kind of cable deal money without being called los angeles, i don't really care - call them by  whatever city name you like.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

@Inside Pitch can speak better to this point than i about the value of being called 'los angeles angels' but i know that it helped with bringing in more money for the tv deal.

if they can still get that kind of cable deal money without being called los angeles, i don't really care - call them by  whatever city name you like.

The New York Angels of Anaheim it is, then.

13 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Press Enterprise says the city should tell the Angels to buzz off.

https://www.pe.com/2018/10/19/anaheim-should-tell-the-angels-good-riddance/

Honestly, from a city planning perspective, they are probably right. Buuut...I don't live in Anaheim, so I don't really care all that much about the cities perspective. If the Angels stay, I'd just as soon see them milk the city as much as they can.

8 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Press Enterprise says the city should tell the Angels to buzz off.

https://www.pe.com/2018/10/19/anaheim-should-tell-the-angels-good-riddance/

Are the PE and the OCR affiliated? The Register has the exact same article.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/10/19/anaheim-should-tell-the-angels-good-riddance/

9 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Are the PE and the OCR affiliated? The Register has the exact same article.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/10/19/anaheim-should-tell-the-angels-good-riddance/

Every newspaper between Ventura, Oceanside and Palm Springs that isn’t the LA Times is a part of the Southern California News Group. It is basically one huge newspaper, with little bits of local content in each. 

16 hours ago, Lhalo said:

The Metro blue line is the most ghetto train in all of SoCal. It runs through North LB, Compton, South Central and DTLA. If you want to get stabbed and robbed, that’s your ride. 

I took the blue line for 12 years and never had an issue

On 10/16/2018 at 11:13 PM, ukyah said:

i don't think you're going to get what you want because nobody really believes that arte is going to move the angels out of the 2nd biggest media marketplace in the usa. i don't care how sweet a stadium deal another city may offer. until we see some real changes to the story, that''s all it's going to be.

I always get what I want from AW.com.   It’s the Piodeportes of my heart.  Serving up fresh takes for over a decade. 

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

If the Angels actually moved out of state or to a place that was no longer convenient for me to get to, I'd probably be done with baseball.

The comments bring up a point I hadn't thought of - 

what happens to the FSW contract if the Angels move to Vegas, portland, etc?

My opinion is as worthless as anybody else's is, but I can't see them leaving So Cal.

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

The comments bring up a point I hadn't thought of - 

what happens to the FSW contract if the Angels move to Vegas, portland, etc?

My opinion is as worthless as anybody else's is, but I can't see them leaving So Cal.

I don't see it either, but if they did... I'm just saying...