• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you welcome or dislike Ebel as next manager?

Dtwncbad

Completely independent of if you like Scioscia or not. . .IF Scioscia was not going to be the manager next year and the Angels announced they were simply promoting Dino Ebel would you be glad or disappointed?

It isn't the most glamorous headline but I don't really see any reason why someone like Dino Ebel should not make people comfortable.  Tons of experience and he knows this organization and they know him.

It is a new manager but maintains continuity at the same time.

I would be satisfied and happy for him.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I'm fine with rebuilding the entire coaching staff. Not much has been working for this ball club in a while

This. Total rebuild top to bottom from the manager down to the "strength and conditioning" staff and everything in between. No way any of these guys should be keeping their jobs.

10 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

None of us know if Ebel would be a clone of Scioscia or not.

He executes his job now as his boss asks him to.  That's how you keep your job.

This may or may not have anything to do with how he handles the manager job.

He has been in the same dugout as Sosh for 15 years. I don't even mean this as a diss to him or Scisocia: It's just time to move on to another era of Angels baseball. They need to clean house and get fresh perspectives in that dugout. It's not a bad thing, it's the nature of sports.

I like what the Red Sox/Yankees did this past offseason with their hires and think we should use that as a template: Get a guy who isn't that far removed from his playing days that was well respected as a player for his knowledge of the game.

What I don't want to see them do is go for someone who is a retread that has the old school view of the game. F*ck that.

I would be 100% fine with Eric Chavez

3 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

Experience doesn't mean anything. Scioscia has more experience than any other manager in baseball and he's absolutely terrible. 

My main gripe with Ebel is that he's pretty much the same as Scioscia in style, so if the angels go with him then they might as well have just kept Scioscia instead.

We have no idea what his style would be. 

4 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

I'd like to see Eric Chavez brought in. Outside view but has been here long enough to know the players.

Former position players generally have a bad track record as managers. Pitchers and catchers usually have better track records because of their familarity with how to run pitching staffs. that's why i would hope the next manager would be Madden or Bud Black.