• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you welcome or dislike Ebel as next manager?

Dtwncbad

2 hours ago, Sean-Regan said:

You should’ve stuck with Houston. Saying Boston couldn’t get past Cleveland undermines your argument. Houston is fair, though. I think Boston comes out of the AL, though. I think Houston breaks down at the wrong time. The NL will have to get lucky to win the WS this year - the AL teams are quite a bit better. 

With tons better starting pitching, Cleveland wound thump Boston.

Considering the AL East is filled with the most-hitter friendly parks of any division, while the AL Central is largely middle of the road on that level, I'd expect ERA to be a bit better for Cleveland. I think they're comparable on pitching, while Boston is a bit better offensively. The idea that Cleveland is substantially better than Boston is rather ridiculous on basically any level. If we were to rank the AL, it's probably Houston, Boston, Cleveland/NY/Oakland with either Houston or Boston most likely winning the pennant unless someone has an abnormally lucky series. 

21 minutes ago, Lou said:

if you have evidence, I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide it for us.

thanks 

Equal to? I said it was close. Sale matches up pretty equally with Bauer per WAR. Kluber, though, is a clear mark above anyone on Boston. Their bullpens are similar in value. Overall: Fangraphs - Cleveland ranked 3rd in overall pitching, Boston 4th.

And again, you can be a jackass if you want, but I said previously I was responding to the bizarre assertion that Cleveland would roll over Boston in a matchup. I do not . That's just fantasy - if for no other reason: Cleveland trails by nearly twenty games despite playing in the easiest division in baseball while Boston is smoking it in the East despite having the Yankees with a better record than Cleveland right behind them. I do not believe that Cleveland (or anyone else in the AL) is nearly as good as as Houston or Boston. 

25 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Equal to? I said it was close. Sale matches up pretty equally with Bauer per WAR. Kluber, though, is a clear mark above anyone on Boston. Their bullpens are similar in value. Overall: Fangraphs - Cleveland ranked 3rd in overall pitching, Boston 4th.

And again, you can be a jackass if you want, but I said previously I was responding to the bizarre assertion that Cleveland would roll over Boston in a matchup. I do not . That's just fantasy - if for no other reason: Cleveland trails by nearly twenty games despite playing in the easiest division in baseball while Boston is smoking it in the East despite having the Yankees with a better record than Cleveland right behind them. I do not believe that Cleveland (or anyone else in the AL) is nearly as good as as Houston or Boston. 

"as good". I quoted you. as good is the same as equal to. 

i was merely wondering if you had any stats that supported your statement. evidently, you don't and just care to be an shithead about it. that's cool. 

also, I never said anything about Cleveland rolling over Boston, so I have no idea why you keep bringing that up. 

Focus, jackass. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

"as good". I quoted you. as good is the same as equal to. 

i was merely wondering if you had any stats that supported your statement. evidently, you don't and just care to be an shithead about it. that's cool. 

also, I never said anything about Cleveland rolling over Boston, so I have no idea why you keep bringing that up. 

Focus, jackass. 

Two teams aren’t equal, so if I don’t say ‘better than’, I mean ‘nearly as good as’ when I say ‘as good’ - which, per FG pitching rankings, they are one spot apart. I brought up Cleveland supposedly rolling over about on because that’s what the other guy claimed. That is what I was responding to. 

3 hours ago, disarcina said:

LA Times has now completed their three part - three day obituary of the Scioscia managerial years.

and now Fletch says NO WAY that SOSH is back.

so who is it?

Eric Chavez , Brad Ausmus............

Please be Chavez. It'll be neat to see this on MLB transactions next year: "Angels place manager Eric Chavez on the DL, sore hamstring from arguing balls & strikes with Country Joe" & later "Angels activate Manager Eric Chavez from AAA rehab stint"

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 11:35 AM, Sean-Regan said:

You should’ve stuck with Houston. Saying Boston couldn’t get past Cleveland undermines your argument. Houston is fair, though. I think Boston comes out of the AL, though. I think Houston breaks down at the wrong time. The NL will have to get lucky to win the WS this year - the AL teams are quite a bit better. 

Bump. 

Scoreboard. 

On 9/24/2018 at 2:38 PM, AngelsFaninGA said:

I think we should go the year without a manager to spice things up

On 9/26/2018 at 5:02 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Wish we could do that at my work.

You can have mine.  It would have the same effect. (yes....effect and not affect)