• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shohei Ohtani Has New UCL Damage

mulwin444

29 minutes ago, Barrett said:

Who cares. Same result Ohtani is done pitching and probably won't be very good the first year he comes back from pitching. Who knows with the hitting, this is literally new territory for a hitter. I don't know of very many players other than pitchers getting Tommy John surgery. Just bad news all around for the Angels. Medical staff and their training staff is basically worthless. I remember years ago with Kendrys Morales, the fucked up his stuff so bad, Boras was going to murder the front office. Shoemaker who the hell knows what happened there, but it took 2 years. Every pitcher is either dehydrated or some other excuse. Just makes me sick to see Ohtani go down like this. Hell I called it on Richards when he came into spring training throwing 100 plus miles per hour. It is just par for the course. 

You didn't answer my question...

Okay my 2 cents, a lot of you drastically underestimate the time needed to recover from TJ. JC Ramirez had it in April and he will likely not pitch until August of Next year.

When Garrett did his, he was guaranteed to be out all of 2019. He could've waited to the end of the year, and he still wouldn't be ready until 2020.

When Ohtani was pulled in June, if he had the surgery then, he'd have been out as a hitter minimum until November. So it made sense to wait. As a pitcher a June TJ pretty much still puts you out for all of the following year, maybe you can be back by September 1. 15 months recovery minimum. There are guys who come back in 12, but they are rare.

So 15 months from October is January of 2020. Same timeline as a pitcher, same as a hitter. Except now he's got two more months as a hitter under his belt.

2 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Except now he's got two more months as a hitter under his belt.

And a good enough two months to know it's worth having him DH next year, instead of assuming he would be, or not knowing if he'd be good enough, and relying on other players to fill that role too.

From the Onion

Shohei Ohtani Regrets Not Researching Which Teams Were Good Before Signing With Angels

https://sports.theonion.com/shohei-ohtani-regrets-not-researching-which-teams-were-1828835846

ANAHEIM, CA—Kicking himself for not considering the potential consequences of his hasty career decision, Shohei Ohtani told reporters Wednesday that he regrets not researching which teams were good prior to signing with the Los Angeles Angels. “Man, looking back, I definitely should have done a quick Google search for ‘good major league baseball teams’ or something like that, because this is a major waste of my talent,” said the Japanese baseball phenom who, despite being enthusiastically courted by several other MLB teams, decided to sign with the Angels after just assuming they were probably good since they are a big-market team. “This was just laziness on my part, and now I’m gonna regret this for a while. I mean, I’m in the prime of my career, I could have signed with anyone I wanted. At the very least, I should have asked someone, ‘Hey, are the Angels good or bad?’” Ohtani also told reporters that more disappointing than anything was discovering he was actually going to play in some shitty town called Anaheim instead of Los Angeles. 

The Season was over well before the break.

After discovering the problem, it was incredibly stupid to play him for the sake of putting asses in the seats. .

I hope they're satisfied with their idiotic decision to pitch him when THEY KNEW he wasn't healthy. 

It was a stupid idea, and I said so when it happened.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Best bad news ever.   

Had this not happened now the situation becomes Garret Richards part two....  a wait for the inevitable while pinning their hopes on a balky elbow not blowing up.   No thanks, the last two years were enough of that bullshit.

The offseason focus is clearer than ever.  Now they need to figure out if he'll be able to DH or not and if not.... Find a 1Bman

Amen. Sucks that its happening but I'd rather it happen now than go into next season hoping for the best but expecting the worst(like I did with Richards).

Idk what the plan is but I'd think this would mean he should be OK to be the full-time DH next season, right? If he got hurt during the season next year, they'd lose his arm and his bat. At least now they should have his bat

2 minutes ago, daygloman said:

The Season was over well before the break.

After discovering the problem, it was incredibly stupid to play him for the sake of putting asses in the seats. .

I hope they're satisfied with their idiotic decision to pitch him when THEY KNEW he wasn't healthy. 

It was a stupid idea, and I said so when it happened.

Angels "brain-trust" (LOL)is taking a severe beating on twitter.