• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shohei Ohtani Has New UCL Damage

mulwin444

From presser...

Angels are waiting to see IF he wants the surgery...  Its up to Shohei.

They won't know how long between surgery and when he could DH until it gets done.

Angels were aware this could be the outcome.

Plan is for him to hit still.  They will discuss it with Ohtani on monday.

Angels have not written off PRP injections...  Every player is different, team will look at all medical options...

Emotional blow for organization and the player.  Eppler says team and player committed to each other.

Team still sees him as a two way player.

Angels doctors have recommended TJS.   Of that there is no doubt.  Still up to the player.

If you throw 100 mph you run the risk of injury....  

Team will not trade Trout ... Team will continue to invest, improve team.   Looking at all ways to contend next year.

Hitting didn't impact elbow.

Angels had Ohtani pitch simulated games in lieu of minor league games for greater control of his recovery.  All medical data cleared him to throw.

Presser over.

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

I'm sorry but I did laugh.  He is medically cleared to pitch. He comes out and throws 49 pitches and now needs surgery.  So, dumb ass doctors or what?  It seems like our medical staff went to school in van parked behind a 7 Eleven.

1 hour ago, Barrett said:

How shocking is this? Dehydration? or what did they say it was? his back? it was his finger or hand that made his velocity drop? Absolutely disgusting. Congrats Angels. What a joke.

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

The "medical and conditioning" (LOL) staff should all be fired today, top to bottom. Spend the off season building a new group. It can't possibly get any worse, and it has to get better.

1 hour ago, Barrett said:

Who cares. Same result Ohtani is done pitching and probably won't be very good the first year he comes back from pitching. Who knows with the hitting, this is literally new territory for a hitter. I don't know of very many players other than pitchers getting Tommy John surgery. Just bad news all around for the Angels. Medical staff and their training staff is basically worthless. I remember years ago with Kendrys Morales, the fucked up his stuff so bad, Boras was going to murder the front office. Shoemaker who the hell knows what happened there, but it took 2 years. Every pitcher is either dehydrated or some other excuse. Just makes me sick to see Ohtani go down like this. Hell I called it on Richards when he came into spring training throwing 100 plus miles per hour. It is just par for the course. 

10 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

What did Scioscia say?

"What's for dinner, I'm sorta hungry" ??

12 minutes ago, daygloman said:

The Season was over well before the break.

After discovering the problem, it was incredibly stupid to play him for the sake of putting asses in the seats. .

I hope they're satisfied with their idiotic decision to pitch him when THEY KNEW he wasn't healthy. 

It was a stupid idea, and I said so when it happened.

As part of my community service requirement, I decided to pick up some garbage lying around on AW.  Anyone know where I can get an extra large trash bag?

1 minute ago, daygloman said:

He might have damaged himself further!?

They had to test it to see if the elbow would hold up.  The ligament doesn’t get stronger with more rest once it is 100% healed.  The doctors said it was as healed as it was going to get.  Now they have their answer instead of having this happen in spring training next year.  More rest would not have helped.   More rest would not have helped.  More rest would not have helped.  Should I type it again?

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

They had to test it to see if the elbow would hold up.  The ligament doesn’t get stronger with more rest once it is 100% healed.  The doctors said it was as healed as it was going to get.  Now they have their answer instead of having this happen in spring training next year.  More rest would not have helped.   More rest would not have helped.  More rest would not have helped.  Should I type it again?

Would more rest have helped?

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

The doctor fucked up.

It was a bad idea. 

I don't care if you agree with me or not.

2 minutes ago, daygloman said:

Not this Season he shouldn't have. Not until his problem was repaired. 

It was a stupid "Facking" idea on a Season over in late May.

Its a ligament.  The current accepted repair for this ligament is surgery.  The decision to have Ohtani pitch was not an Angels' only decision to make.  The decision was Ohtani's and I like the fact that he had the balls to go out and give it a try.  I have more respect for him because of his fearlessness.  He has more to lose than any fan in this situation, and he went into it with a wide open throttle. 

2 minutes ago, daygloman said:

The doctor fucked up.

It was a bad idea. 

I don't care if you agree with me or not.

No the doctor didn’t fuck up.  His elbow had to be tested, it was tested, it failed.  More rest wasn’t going to help.  So I don’t know what you would rather they have done.  Not pitch him until next season and then what?  Schedule the TJS surgery for April 1st of next year.  

33 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Pretty amazing that when Ohtani needs TJ surgery and can't pitch next season we can just say, "alright well he can hit 30 homeruns as an everyday hitter". He really is a special player and we are still incredibly lucky to have him.

Honestly in a full season of at bats, he could hit 40. Easily.  And steal 20 bags.

11 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Its a ligament.  The current accepted repair for this ligament is surgery.  The decision to have Ohtani pitch was not an Angels' only decision to make.  The decision was Ohtani's and I like the fact that he had the balls to go out and give it a try.  I have more respect for him because of his fearlessness.  He has more to lose than any fan in this situation, and he went into it with a wide open throttle. 

That's your opinion, and I'm fine with it. 

I think it was a bad idea, and time will tell.

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No the doctor didn’t F*ck up.  His elbow had to be tested, it was tested, it failed.  More rest wasn’t going to help.  So I don’t know what you would rather they have done.  Not pitch him until next season and then what?  Schedule the TJS surgery for April 1st of next year.  

The smart thing to do would have been repairing it upon discovery, and then have PLENTY of time to recover. 

Instead, they decided to put asses in the seats.

You reap what you sow.