• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shohei Ohtani Has New UCL Damage

mulwin444

Just now, daygloman said:

Pitching when you're injured AND likely to re-injure yourself is "common sense"??? 

LOL! Whatever.

His ligament was 100%, I will trust the doctors oath more than I trust the opinions of people on here.  He wasn’t forced to pitch, he could have easily opted for surgery before.  

A contrary opinion to most of the 'experts' on this board: He shouldn't pitch anymore. Period. Let him DH full-time and rip.

If he pitches again, I'm calling setback at some point and possible second TJS.

Post bookmarked and we'll see what happens.

The guy's not Babe Ruth. He's had elbow issues for some time now. Just let him rake. 40 HR, 100 RBI. Easily.

Just now, Stradling said:

His ligament was 100%, I will trust the doctors oath more than I trust the opinions of people on here.  He wasn’t forced to pitch, he could have easily opted for surgery before.  

Ok. You then get what we got now. 

Nice to know you approve.

Just now, daygloman said:

Your right. 

Except, he COULD have more damage than before. 

I only wish they would have played it safer during an obviously losing Season. 

They had to see if the treatment worked, the treatment isn’t something that will work better if he rests it for 6 more months.  They weren’t risking him to injury because of this “losing season” just like they wouldn’t have had him pitch earlier if they were in it.  This was a start to see if the treatment worked, it didn’t.  He needs surgery.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

They had to see if the treatment worked, the treatment isn’t something that will work better if he rests it for 6 more months.  They weren’t risking him to injury because of this “losing season” just like they wouldn’t have had him pitch earlier if they were in it.  This was a start to see if the treatment worked, it didn’t.  He needs surgery.  

It was a mistake in my opinion.

I ain't changing it.

JUST like you ain't gonna change yours.

After a few hours to digest this news. I think my bigger problem isn't that he is going to miss sometime in the rotation, which we desperately need, it's that this organization constantly think its fan base is moronic. They tried to tell us nothing was wrong with Ohtani after he left after 2 plus innings. That's what chaps my hide the most. 

4 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

I'm sorry but I did laugh.  He is medically cleared to pitch. He comes out and throws 49 pitches and now needs surgery.  So, dumb ass doctors or what?  It seems like our medical staff went to school in van parked behind a 7 Eleven.

I pointed it out right there in the first inning that he looked hurt. Im not sure he ever really got healthy.

9 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

After a few hours to digest this news. I think my bigger problem isn't that he is going to miss sometime in the rotation, which we desperately need, it's that this organization constantly think its fan base is moronic. They tried to tell us nothing was wrong with Ohtani after he left after 2 plus innings. That's what chaps my hide the most. 

No they told you what they knew.  His finger hurt and his back was stiff.  If the player doesn’t complain about his elbow how is the team supposed to say anything about it until they do the precautionary MRI a couple days later?  

1 hour ago, daygloman said:

I was against him pitching before he was repaired, since the season was already an OBVIOUS waste. 

I've stated this repeatedly. 

I don't care if anyone agrees with me on this or not!?

You have your opinion which you're entitled to, but it is based on error, as multiple people have pointed out.

What you aren't understanding is that it wouldn't have made a difference whether he got the surgery in June or October, in terms of when he comes back -- as the Fletcher post illustrated. Furthermore, if he had been shut down in June and NOT tested, then he might have re-injured it in ST and missed the year as a pitcher AND hitter.  

The point being: There is nothing the Angels could have done differently that would have changed the necessity of TJS. But if they hadn't tested his arm now, things could have been much worse and we could have lost him as a hitter as well. So I think they handled things as well as they could have.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

A contrary opinion to most of the 'experts' on this board: He shouldn't pitch anymore. Period. Let him DH full-time and rip.

If he pitches again, I'm calling setback at some point and possible second TJS.

Post bookmarked and we'll see what happens.

The guy's not Babe Ruth. He's had elbow issues for some time now. Just let him rake. 40 HR, 100 RBI. Easily.

I don't want to agree with you but I might have to. He relies on a slider / split combination to keep guys off his 100 mph fastball. Potentially devastating stuff but three significant indicators of future elbow problems. He will need to make adjustments to keep from getting hurt again, and those changes might impact his effectiveness. 

When he came over here I was skeptical of his ability to hit because it has got to be insanely difficult to hit at the highest level while dedicating more than half of your time to a completely unrelated skill - not to mention his insanely high K rate in Japan. Watching him play though... watching him look completely lost against lefties because he doesn't see them... the guy makes adjustments as fast as anyone. Give him a glove and teach him to play first and he's the best first basemen in the league in 2020.

5 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

You have your opinion which you're entitled to, but it is based on error, as multiple people have pointed out.

What you aren't understanding is that it wouldn't have made a difference whether he got the surgery in June or October, in terms of when he comes back -- as the Fletcher post illustrated. Furthermore, if he had been shut down in June and NOT tested, then he might have re-injured it in ST and missed the year as a pitcher AND hitter.  

The point being: There is nothing the Angels could have done differently that would have changed the necessity of TJS. But if they hadn't tested his arm now, things could have been much worse and we could have lost him as a hitter as well. So I think they handled things as well as they could have.

I'm understanding everything perfectly. 

I don't form my opinion on mob rule.

Ohtani is looking good swinging the bat. 

He shouldn't have thrown from the mound until 100%. 

My opinion. I'm NOT changing it.