• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Dodgers are pushing the chips in. Will acquire Machado

7 hours ago, laagamer said:

So, I should ignore that the Dodgers are over-paying because he entered the league at  nineteen with a barely above average OPS? Or that Mike Trout had a worse first year even though he's completely uncomparable since then?

How are you addressing that he's not worth the prospects or the money?

No offense, but I don't feel like continuing to argue is fair to you. 

1.  Ha ha! You're too kind!

2. Didn't realize we were arguing

3. Didn't say anything about being worth the prospects or money. Just pointing out that when you say "Machado has only been above average the past few seasons" that really, the past few seasons are pretty much tantamount to his whole career to this point.  SO - maybe you could help me out? Which seasons were you referring to that he was NOT above average?

On 7/18/2018 at 2:02 PM, Randy Gradishar said:

2002, 2008, 2014, maybe 2012, 2009, 2005. When have the Dodgers been the best team in the league? Maybe 2013?

I'm always open to counter-arguments, as long as they don't include the words "playoffs" or "World Series".

Back from fishing in Canada (which was successful!) to belatedly reply to this. Fish camps are off the grid where I go.

I was refuting the part of your post that claimed that the Angels had been the best team in baseball 3-5 times since 2002. That's ridiculous. The werent even the best team in 2002, much less any year after.

13 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Back from fishing in Canada (which was successful!) to belatedly reply to this. Fish camps are off the grid where I go.

I was refuting the part of your post that claimed that the Angels had been the best team in baseball 3-5 times since 2002. That's ridiculous. The werent even the best team in 2002, much less any year after.

The last team standing is the best team in baseball ⚾️ 

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

how were they not the best team in baseball in 2002?

34 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We were either the best team in 2002 because we won it all, or we were the best team in 2014 because we won the most games.  So either way he is wrong.  

thanks for ruining my set-up 

• 3 weeks later...
On July 17, 2018 at 11:54 AM, UndertheHalo said:

Well, it seems to not matter much.  We’ve all been talking about Muncy magically being an all star and Kemp magically being an MVP.  But quietly they’ve dug up a pitching version in Stripling now all of a sudden being an all star instead of mediocre.  

They’ve just got all the stars line up man.

less than a month later, Stripling has been moved to the pen

9 hours ago, Lou said:

less than a month later, Stripling has been moved to the pen

It’s always fun to shit on the Los Doyers but let’s be honest here.  This has more to do with the Dodgers being F*ck*ed in the bullpen then Stripling not being a good starter.  He had a couple of bad starts in July.  Big deal.  A few days ago he gave them 1 ER and 6 innings against the Rockies.  Stripling has been a very good starter for them this year.  They just moved Maeda to the pen also.  

The good news here is that the Dodgers have a real chance to have traded for Machado and Dozier still end up missing the playoffs.  Fingers crossed !

Edited by UndertheHalo