• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Dodgers are pushing the chips in. Will acquire Machado

1 minute ago, VariousCrap said:

5 guys for a rental?  Seems like a lot to give, especially when you consider the Dogs should be able to win the NL West with or without him.

It’s a top prospect and a bunch of guys who may or may not make it to the bigs...I think?

It is a subtly nice haul that isn't well represented by their pre-season organization rankings. While Diaz is the obvious centerpiece (.314/.428/.477 as a 21 year old in AA), Bannon is a nice grap: hitting .296/.402/.559 in A+ at age 22. Kremer, also 22, is having a good year, 3.03 ERA with 29 walks and 125 K in 86 innings between A+/AA. Pop is a solid middle relief prospect and Valera looks like a minor league journeyman/bench player.

Off the top of my head, an equivalent package from the Angels would have been something like Brandon Marsh, Jose Suarez, Jose Rojas, Tyler Stevens, and Sherman Johnson. (Suarez might be a touch better than Kremer, but Bannon is better than Rojas).

3 minutes ago, Billy_Ball said:

Too bad the idiot Manfred won't veto the trade, like the idiot David Stern veteod the Chris Paul to the Lakers trade.  I know, this isn't the NBA.

No need to veto. It makes it funnier this way. Dodgers will find a way to choke on the skin flute. Then they lose their prospects and lose Manny in free agency and us on AW get raging boners for a day. 

5 hours ago, Lou said:

seems as if you're the resident expert on pre-pubescent boys, so we'll take your word for it 

Should’ve saw that one coming lol. But seriously, he’s a strange looking dude. 

Honestly I don’t give a shit what happens with the Dogs and Machado but if it does happen I just hope that Baltimore makes them give up a boatload. 

This trade makes a lot of sense for the Orioles. They really have a piss-poor farm system and this gives them one high quality prospect, a mid-quality one, and three lottery ticket types. If they want to compete again in 2-3 years they needed this type of haul for Machado to start recreating a farm system to build off of.

This actually looks like a pretty good trade for both teams.  The Orioles acquire 5 guys who seem to have pretty high floors but low ceilings - guys who could be average or somewhat above average (Diaz in RF, Kremer as a backend starter, Bannon at 3B), but likely no stud players.  The Dodgers acquire another RH power bat, which they need with Puig out and Turner struggling to return to form after his wrist injury.

The Orioles desperately need some decent players as they try to climb back to respectability.  It appears they got some guys who'll help them achieve that.  For the Dodgers, they have a ton of depth, so while they gave up some pretty decent prospects, it likely won't "hurt" them in the long-term.  

1 hour ago, ettin said:

This trade makes a lot of sense for the Orioles. They really have a piss-poor farm system and this gives them one high quality prospect, a mid-quality one, and three lottery ticket types. If they want to compete again in 2-3 years they needed this type of haul for Machado to start recreating a farm system to build off of.

It made just as much sense for the Dodgers who are hanging on to a half game lead over the Diamondbacks.

Diamondbacks were in on Machado to the very end. 

26 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

It made just as much sense for the Dodgers who are hanging on to a half game lead over the Diamondbacks.

Diamondbacks were in on Machado to the very end. 

Oh of course, the Dodgers were really desperate for a SS option and this just makes them so much better in a really competitive NL West. Also keeps him from their competitors and any playoff bound teams. Just a really smart move for the Dodgers overall, not surprising in the least.

EDIT: I thought it was pretty self-evident that the Dodgers did well on their side of the trade TD :D

4 minutes ago, ettin said:

Oh of course, the Dodgers were really desperate for a SS option and this just makes them so much better in a really competitive NL West. Also keeps him from their competitors and any playoff bound teams. Just a really smart move for the Dodgers overall, not surprising in the least.

EDIT: I thought it was pretty self-evident that the Dodgers did well on their side of the trade TD :D

Moreover, in some ways, it's almost an audition to see if he's a fit there in future years.  While not likely, I could see the possibility they re-sign him if things click.  Seager could shift to 3B, Turner to 1B, etc..

10 hours ago, Pablo said:

I'm saying he entered the league as a 19 year old, and still posted a respectable OPS of .739.  It has climbed every year, with the exception of last year. As a comp, Mike Trout entered the league at 19 as well, and posted an OPS of .672. Not trying to say Machado is in Trout's class (nobody is, or has been) although much of Manny's career has been spent at a more premium position. Just saying it's pretty harsh to judge a kid as "only" putting up a few good years when he's just reaching the age that many major leaguers get their first taste, and still a ways from his prime production years. Does that make more sense?

So, I should ignore that the Dodgers are over-paying because he entered the league at  nineteen with a barely above average OPS? Or that Mike Trout had a worse first year even though he's completely uncomparable since then?

How are you addressing that he's not worth the prospects or the money?

No offense, but I don't feel like continuing to argue is fair to you.