• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Dodgers are pushing the chips in. Will acquire Machado

10 hours ago, TroutField said:

Jesus. That’s essentially like the Angels shipping off (#4)Marsh, (#10) Suarez, and (#18) Lund for 3 months of Machado. I guess it makes them better, but my god that’s an insane price to pay. 

Dodgers are trying to buy a trophy and the Cubbies will still be in their way.

I don’t know the Dodger farm at all, but they are considered one of the top farms before this trade.  I have no idea how I would feel about the Angels giving up an equal package to “put us over the top”, I guess I wouldn’t hate it, as long as we had other guys coming up beind the guys we traded away.  I do think it is an overpay for a rental, but I guess the market is what it is. 

22 minutes ago, laagamer said:

Am I the only one with the balls to state the obvious?

Machado has only been above average the past few seasons. He isn't worth the whole farm. 

The last 4 years he has posted the following WAR totals:

3.8 (currently).

Those are far better than above average, aside from the 2.8 WAR year, which seems like an outlier (down year) at this point. The guy is also entering his prime years. He is worth a big chunk of someone's farm. 

3 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

The last 4 years he has posted the following WAR totals:

3.8 (currently).

Those are far better than above average, aside from the 2.8 WAR year, which seems like an outlier (down year) at this point. The guy is also entering his prime years. He is worth a big chunk of someone's farm. 

It would be a lot easier to agree if he didn’t pretend to be a SS and if he wasn’t a rental.  

4 hours ago, Angelsfirst said:

Has anyone ever noticed Machado looks like a pre-pubescent boy?  Something very boyish or feminine about his face, not that there’s anything wrong with that. It’s just very strange. 

Also, I don’t think he’ll stay with the Dodgers.

seems as if you're the resident expert on pre-pubescent boys, so we'll take your word for it 

41 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It would be a lot easier to agree if he didn’t pretend to be a SS and if he wasn’t a rental.  

This.

Noone, unless they make you an instant WS favorite by a large margin, is worth a large chunk of your farm including top guys, as a rental. 
Machado doesn't guarantee the Dogs anything at this point. 

41 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

2002, 2008, 2014, maybe 2012, 2009, 2005. When have the Dodgers been the best team in the league? Maybe 2013?

I'm always open to counter-arguments, as long as they don't include the words "playoffs" or "World Series".

They haven't been the best team in the league since 1988.

42 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Even if they include five prospects, the Dodger farm is loaded. One of the best in baseball. 

not nearly to the extent it used to be.  It's still very good but losing 2 of your top 10 and 3 of your top 20 is always going to hurt.  Probably drops then to second tier whereas they were fringe 1st tier before.  Now in the 11-15 range like us.  

9 minutes ago, laagamer said:

I'm confused. Are you trying to say he just entered the league or something?

You're not making any sense.

I'm saying he entered the league as a 19 year old, and still posted a respectable OPS of .739.  It has climbed every year, with the exception of last year. As a comp, Mike Trout entered the league at 19 as well, and posted an OPS of .672. Not trying to say Machado is in Trout's class (nobody is, or has been) although much of Manny's career has been spent at a more premium position. Just saying it's pretty harsh to judge a kid as "only" putting up a few good years when he's just reaching the age that many major leaguers get their first taste, and still a ways from his prime production years. Does that make more sense?

9 minutes ago, Pablo said:

I'm saying he entered the league as a 19 year old, and still posted a respectable OPS of .739.  It has climbed every year, with the exception of last year. As a comp, Mike Trout entered the league at 19 as well, and posted an OPS of .672. Not trying to say Machado is in Trout's class (nobody is, or has been) although much of Manny's career has been spent at a more premium position. Just saying it's pretty harsh to judge a kid as "only" putting up a few good years when he's just reaching the age that many major leaguers get their first taste, and still a ways from his prime production years. Does that make more sense?

Makes sense to me.