• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Dodgers are pushing the chips in. Will acquire Machado

40 minutes ago, floplag said:

I agree on the fans part, but the rest?  No... but i will concede they are far more dedicated to winning ever payroll/luxury tax concerns

They have more money than any other ownership group there is.  They also have a TV contract that pays them twice what Arte gets for his.  They spent money early so they could allow their farm to grow (sound familiar?).  

I agree with Tank -- Arenado and it's not close.

now if it were Francisco Lindor -- well, that's different.

but it's not and won't be.

Francisco Lindor IMO is this generation's Ken Griffey Jr -- back when KG Jr was all smiles in Seattle before the Cincy debacle.

Lindor is great for MLB. Got a chance to see him play up close with great seats in KC.  He was great to the fans, gave kids in stands baseballs every inning, signed autographs, took photos with fans always smiling and then went out and went something like 3 for 4 in the game, 2 HRs, 7 ribi's --

has fun out there playing a kid's game -- brings the little league field (in a positive sense) to the Show.

Dam Yusniel Diaz, Dustin May and 3 others seems like a crazy overpay for a rental.. 

The #Orioles will reportedly receive Yusniel Diaz (#DodgersLADodgers2018.png No. 4), Dustin May (No. 10) and Errol Robinson (No. 18) from the @Dodgers in exchange for Manny Machado: (link: https://atmlb.com/2mvuj3v) atmlb.com/2mvuj3v

1 minute ago, 2020worldseries said:

Dam Yusniel Diaz, Dustin May and 3 others seems like a crazy overpay for a rental.. 

The #Orioles will reportedly receive Yusniel Diaz (#DodgersLADodgers2018.png No. 4), Dustin May (No. 10) and Errol Robinson (No. 18) from the @Dodgers in exchange for Manny Machado: (link: https://atmlb.com/2mvuj3v) atmlb.com/2mvuj3v

Jesus. That’s essentially like the Angels shipping off (#4)Marsh, (#10) Suarez, and (#18) Lund for 3 months of Machado. I guess it makes them better, but my god that’s an insane price to pay. 

Baltimore has a (I shit you not) -1.6 WAR for their offense total even with Machado and they just lost his 3.8 WAR.  

They already have the 41st worst team offense in baseball history.  They might crack the top 10 all time.

Their 2nd best position player is Craig Gentry with 0.4 WAR in 135 PA.  

Chris Davis has -2.4 WAR in 80 games.  That's 20th worst in the history of baseball for a full season.  -4.0 WAR tops the list by Jim Levey of the 1933 Browns where he hit .195/237/.240

On the list of lowest BA for a season all time, there is one player with more than 400 PA worse than his .158.  

Every player aside from him in the top 42 played before the turn of the century.  The worst in the modern era is a tie between Rob Deer and Dan Uggla.  .179

Machado is an interesting piece for the Dogs.  

I say interesting because he's actually not very good defensively at SS but he's excellent at 3b.  Bellinger is an excellent CFer and Taylor is actually better at SS than Machado.  

Don't really care much.  

They do a nice job of pulling guys off the scrap heap to complement a strong young core though.  It is something to emulate.  They're in a very good position to pay machado long term. 

There's a lot more parity in the NL.  There isn't a team I would consider special.  Boston, NY and Houston are all head and shoulders better than any NL team.  Cleveland is on par with the NL's best.  We'd actually have a good shot at winning any of the NL divisions or at least we would have if not for a couple key injuries.  Our problem is that NY and BOS pounded us.  

And that problem isn't limited to this year.  BOS and NY are going to be good for a while.  HOU likely as well.  It's time to start evaluating the potential of our young core.  

That's a crazy amount for a rental.  O's scored big time.  The Dodgers can't sign him unless Seager moves to 2nd.  Machado has been very clear that he is not going to change positions but I guess he could change his mind if the Dodgers offer him like 350 million or whatever.  Extremely steep price to pay if they don't win a world series.

Those teams that are better than the Angels and are set up for now and the future are simply run better.  They have better people in charge and ownership that actually listens to the guys he hires.  Can anyone here with a straight face post that the Angels would be worse off if Moreno hadn't gone over everyone's head and not signed Pujols and Hamilton and whatever else?  I don't even want to think about that. Reports even have him putting the kibosh on the Cabrera trade?

16 hours ago, Taylor said:

The Dodgers didn't look much better than the Angels during their 6 games this season. Actually, the two teams looked pretty even. I think the Dodgers have lost much of the mojo they had last season. 

The Dodgers have had to deal with their share of injuries this season, too. Kershaw and Turner and Seagar. Every one of their starters has spent time on the DL. Splittin six games with the Angels isnt indicative of much. They gave one game away with errors and the Angels' bullpen had a sudden fit of actually being good, against them. It wasnt like we cuffed them around.

I think the Cubs and Dodgers are pretty evenly matched. The Nats? Who cares if they win the NL East?They will lose in the playoffs. Many hitters having a down year in WASH.

9 hours ago, disarcina said:

Will there be any fans in the stands in Baltimore the second half.

especially in August/ September.

they're on track to lose 115 games. perhaps more.

Camden Yards is a great place to just watch a ballgame, and they have some wonderful food there. The whole atmosphere, etc. Who cares if the O's are trash. It's summer and it's baseball. I imagine the tickets will be marked down too as the season drags on for them.

19 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Dodgers are loaded with money.

Arte needs to sell his yacht so we have some more money to work with.

The Dodgers payroll is only 8 million more than the Angels this year. Thats basically the salary of Nobueno. They have been more efficient with their money. Better farm scouting, too.

Machado will increase that payroll, but he is probably a rental this season. The Dodgers are set with Seagar and Turner through at least 2020. Acquiring Machado makes all kinds of sense, with Seagar down.

Having Chris Taylor being able to move around gives them much flexibility. He can play 2nd, 3rd, SS, CF or even 1st.