• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Dodgers are pushing the chips in. Will acquire Machado

7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The Angels and Dodgers were very evenly matched in the 6 games they played against each other.

Prediction: The Angels will be definitively better than the Dodgers in 2 years.

Define definitively better than the Dodgers? Angels in the playoffs and the Dodgers out? Angels in the WS and Dodgers not make the playoffs? Angels lose in game 7 of a World Series at home while Dodgers don't make the playoffs? 

8 minutes ago, Barrett said:

Define definitively better than the Dodgers? Angels in the playoffs and the Dodgers out? Angels in the WS and Dodgers not make the playoffs? Angels lose in game 7 of a World Series at home while Dodgers don't make the playoffs? 

Last year, the Dodgers were far-and-away better than the Angels.

This year, I'd say the Dodgers are slightly better than the Angels.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

1: I hope the Dodgers paid a massive price. 

2: I actually dont think that they’ll re sign him.  But if they do,  we can all look forward to hearing about how Machado is better then Trout for the next X number of years that the Angels have Trout. 

3: If they don’t win the World Series this year it’ll be hilarious. 

I hope Trout comes out of his slump before too long. Something happened to turn him from an MVP into merely an average player. The slump started with the sprained finger.

Not a small sample size either.

last 23 games, 2 RBI, .230 BA, .739 OPS

The 23 games before that: 18 RBI, .422 BA, 1.298 OPS

Edited by fan_since79

Just now, fan_since79 said:

I hope Trout comes out of his slump before too long. Something happened to turn him from an MVP into merely an average player.

Not a small sample size either.

last 23 games, 2 RBI, .230 BA, .739 OPS

He shat all over his pantaloons for almost a month last year also.  That’s what was a big part of what killed us last September and put away any hope of winning that wild card berth.  Earlier this season he went to sleep for a couple of weeks also.  He does this.  

Hopefully when he gets going again he leads us into a large winning streak that’s conveniently timed with a Mariners slump. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

This is a huge mistake for the Dodgers if they choose not to re-sign him.  Machado isn’t better than Seager and they seem to have plenty of offense.  Why would a team give up their number one prospect for 3 months of a great offensive horrible defensive short stop, when they have a great offense?   Use that prospect to go get DeGrom.

Dodgers offense is good ... just not great. There’s only 28 Runs that separate the Angels and the Dodgers. I think Machado is a upgrade over Taylor defensively and not worth splitting hairs over. 

Machado is a rental and gives them a better opportunity at winning the WS. It makes perfect sense if you’re the Dodgers imo. 

The Dodgers would love to get DeGrom in their rotation. He would be more costly and difficult to pry away from the Mets. Dodgers rank 3rd in pitching . 

The Dodgers are 1-2 pieces away from winning it all. Last year's Game 7 loss has to be galling. They were so close and just played a bad game. Machado will definitely help them get over the top.

The Angels, however, are at least 7-8 pieces away from really contending. Three or four position players need to be replaced with people who can actually hit, and much of the bullpen needs to be gutted.

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

who will replace Kershaw when he goes back on the DL?

Well, it seems to not matter much.  We’ve all been talking about Muncy magically being an all star and Kemp magically being an MVP.  But quietly they’ve dug up a pitching version in Stripling now all of a sudden being an all star instead of mediocre.  

They’ve just got all the stars line up man.

Edited by UndertheHalo

As an optimist. . .

The only thing better than the Dodgers losing 100 games is having the Dodgers just stacked and not win.

At this point I want them to not just get Machado, but trade even more for two more studs and then choke to emotionally punish their fans.

Then lose Machado and Kershaw in free agency and have a final score storyline that they went for it and failed.

Just now, fan_since79 said:

Dodgers are loaded with money.

Arte needs to sell his yacht so we have some more money to work with.

It’s not just about money, it’s about having the scouting and prospect resources in place for sustained success. Hopefully we can get close to that someday soon

I get the feeling Moreno is going to start to worry about losing Trout and go all out in FA. I can see him trying to get Machado here to play 3rd. Hard to say if he would be willing to, but adding another star could go a long way in this lineup. If they add Machado and fix the bullpen and maybe add another starter I don’t see why they should miss the playoffs next year.

I feel like like we are due for at least one season of decent health. Our entire roster has been hurt this year. Unbelievable 

Just now, Lou said:

the dodgers are so loaded that they managed to split their season series with us. 

They aren't the favorites to win it all IMO, even with Machado. However, they have quality players at every position and still have a top 10 farm. They are definitely in the top 5 in the league in terms of overall resources.

I hate them, but it speaks volumes to where they are as a franchise that they can lose a player like Seager and still end up being buyers at the deadline. 

I mean we get Kinsler and Cozart, and they get Muncy and Kemp. Friedman is very good at his job