• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FACK!! Ohtani has UCL grade 2 sprain

Chuck

2 minutes ago, LHalo said:

Don’t forget Don Baylor (RIP) breaking his leg simply catching a ceremonial first pitch. 

Baylor had multiple myeloma for a decade at that point. It was unfortunate symptom of this but we probably can't pin it on the Angels' curse.

8 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

So Ohtani's splitter has given him his blister and a TJ. I was worried about his elbow.  He really should throw that pitch if a batter keeps fouling off his pitches.

I think Ohtani would be well served to learn a changeup. Trevor Hoffman made a HOF career off that pitch.

I still contend that Ohtani can warm up in the top of the 8th, hit in the bottom of the 8th, and pitch in the top of the 9th. He should be a DH/closer. Closers only pitch about 80 innings a year. Remember, Mariano Rivera began his career as a starter.

There are plenty of pitchers who don't throw a splitter who have had TJ surgery.

Ohtani is far too good and valuable as a starter, which is why he will never become a bullpen pitcher. 

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Imagine going through this for 52 years.

The first professional baseball game I attended was 1957 at Wrigley Field L.A. to watch the PCL Angels play..I was 5. Saw Steve Bilko hit one out that day. If I remember right he hit 57 home runs that year which was the last for the PCL Angels. When baseball expanded in 61 it was just natural for me to become an Angel fan. I never had an affinity for the Dodgers because they were from Brooklyn and f New York I'm a SoCal native.

It ain't been easy and it's getting worse.

So now I believe it's time for the Angel organization to step up and prove to the fans that support this team that they really are in it. No more AAA replacements and over the hill blowout patches like the last several years. Two years ago when our pitchers started going down one after another help never arrived and at the beginning of this year with so many question-marks in the rotation due to players coming off of serious injuries the Angels stood pat and didn't pursue any fa pitchers.

I'm waiting for the Angels to start showing respect for the fans that have supported this franchise for decades that they really care about putting a quality product on the field. No more bs replacements like Matt Joyce etc. This team has major holes at several positions and the starting rotation has absorbed yet another blow..So what are you going to do Angels?

YMMV

21 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Imagine going through this for 52 years.

Geez man. Much respect. I guess I'm on the younger side fan wise compared to a lot of people in here. Started following in the 90's and didn't have to wait all that long compared to a lot of you guys. It's crazy that 16 years have already gone by since 2002. Aside from that title, this organization is pretty much the Clippers.