• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FACK!! Ohtani has UCL grade 2 sprain

Chuck

2 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

So let me get this straight. Spring Training Ohtani has a Grade 1 UCL Sprain. Now he has a Grade 2 UCL Sprain. Anyone have any idea what comes after 2??

You're welcome.

Edited by Blarg

7 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I did read on Wikipedia that where rehab is a year for pitchers, it is six months for hitters. So assuming the worst, maybe we have this timeline:

2018: Injections, re-evaluate, surgerly sometime in late season.

2019: Comes to spring training, gentle rehab. Sometime in the first half he starts hitting, is full-time by second half.

2020: Starts season as two-way player again.

2021: TJS, Part 2. Just kidding.. We'll say Cy Young and/or MVP.

i think the hitter stats may be for all position players other than DH because they have to throw.

I wonder if DH's can come back even earlier?

3 minutes ago, CubsFan said:

i think the hitter stats may be for all position players other than DH because they have to throw.

I wonder if DH's can come back even earlier?

I wouldn't mess with it. As Eppler said, you can tweak something. That said, I do think he can come back a lot earlier as a DH...so even in a worst-case scenario, we'll see him batting in 2019.

Actually, it might be a good excuse to send Albert out to pasture: "Sorry, Albert, but we want Ohtani as our full-time DH. He can actually hit."

Now what I think will happen is this: They go with the stem cell therapy and shut him down as a pitcher for the rest of the year, but bring him back as a DH in September with the hopes that he can help out as a hitter in the postseason. Maybe there's a slim chance that he can pitch in relief, but I suspect he's done as a starter this year.

All that said, if they feel he needs TJS, they'll do it and not mess around. They may even be less hesitant to do considering he could probably hit way before he pitches, so still can contribute on the field next year.

3 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I wouldn't mess with it. As Eppler said, you can tweak something. That said, I do think he can come back a lot earlier as a DH...so even in a worst-case scenario, we'll see him batting in 2019.

Actually, it might be a good excuse to send Albert out to pasture: "Sorry, Albert, but we want Ohtani as our full-time DH. He can actually hit."

I'm all in for literally anything to send Albert out to pasture.

Anything. That means t-dawg stuff.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Now what I think will happen is this: They go with the stem cell therapy and shut him down as a pitcher for the rest of the year, but bring him back as a DH in September with the hopes that he can help out as a hitter in the postseason. Maybe there's a slim chance that he can pitch in relief, but I suspect he's done as a starter this year.

All that said, if they feel he needs TJS, they'll do it and not mess around. They may even be less hesitant to do considering he could probably hit way before he pitches, so still can contribute on the field next year.

Tanaka  Grade 2 UCL went the stem cell blood platlet route instead of Tommy John.

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Geez man. Much respect. I guess I'm on the younger side fan wise compared to a lot of people in here. Started following in the 90's and didn't have to wait all that long compared to a lot of you guys. It's crazy that 16 years have already gone by since 2002. Aside from that title, this organization is pretty much the Clippers.

Not quite the Clippers, thanks to the 2000s, but not far off either

59 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Ok. Obviously different sports, but it's not that bad of a comparison. You think I like saying that? Clippers are Facking pathetic.

you are absolutely right the Clippers are pathetic.  The Clippers have a horrible life time record, winning about 40% of their games.  The Angels are over 50%.  The Angels had a decade of success, the Clippers have been bad, just bad.  The only franchise worse than the Clippers is the Washington Generals.  

The season isn’t over but it’s obviously a huge blow.  The Angels still have a good team.  We still have the same holes to fill.  Hope for the best with Ohtani and push forward.  I still fully expect a playoff appearance this year.  Why shouldn’t I ?Anyway what a miserable but typical break for the Angels.  This shit is so exhausting.  It just always seems to happen.  

I do think however, there does need to be a conversation about how the team is going to use him when he’s healthy.  We basically didn’t have him in the line up for an entire week.  His starts are so intermittent.  The team has to figure out how to get more out of such a talent. Whether it’s as a pitcher or hitter.  It just feels like we don’t get to see him help the team enough.  I don’t see why he can’t hit the day after a start.  Even the day before.  It would make him so much more impactful.  And I know some of you guys think it’s crazy.  But maybe he is best used as a closer.  It ought to be considered if he can hit like I think a lot of us  think he can.  The team needs that bat in the line up. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Super busy at the studio today. Didn’t get to check the internet or my phone or anything. Left late and didn’t take lunch. Got in the car to go home, turned on the game to Jose Mota saying “bad news on ohtani” I’m like shhiiet bad blister huh; Mota: “grade 2 UCL blah blah blah (aren’t those blah blah the worst)” and I’m like F**K ...*John lackey gif insert here*..I start punching the steering wheel and the 134 locks up so I turn off the radio and sit in silence and think about lord of the rings and sh*t.

Well anyways at least he’s only 23 and on a minimum contract haha. I’m just dreading going back to work on Monday where I’m the house angels fan in Doyer country and I don’t wanna hear it man haha