• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FACK!! Ohtani has UCL grade 2 sprain

Chuck

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Just make Ohtani the closer once he is totally ready to pitch again.    Then he can bat pretty much everyday, and have a huge impact in an area of TOTAL NEED.

AND, his arm isn't burnt out so soon.

Imagine his heat with movement + splitter closing games.

I am sure you read how dumb of an idea this is.  He can't DH and then go get ready to be the closer.  

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

We are talking Halos here, maybe the most jinxed MLB team.   Who else is more jinxed?????) 

I'm normally pretty optimistic, you kind of have to be if you're an Angel fan for long, but this is just too much. I really think the Angels have some kind of curse on them. I'm mean really. How else can this crap keep happening over and over?

I'll be honest here, my fandom is shaken. This team in order to stay competitive MUST go out and prove to the fans that they are in it and get some real help..no more blowout patches and a wing and a prayer or betting on the come with shitty replacements.

Just now, The Boogie Man said:

I am sure you read how dumb of an idea this is.  He can't DH and then go get ready to be the closer.  

He can DH through the 6th inning at least.   And it's not for more than say 70-80 games that he would get up in the pen.

Might as well think of all possible options.

4 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

So let me get this straight. Spring Training Ohtani has a Grade 1 UCL Sprain. Now he has a Grade 2 UCL Sprain. Anyone have any idea what comes after 2??

This is Facking horse shit. I am so Facking over this shit. 

In a first-degree sprain, the ligament is not lengthened but is painful. With a second-degree sprain, the ligament is stretched but still functions. With a third-degree sprain, the ligament is torn and does not function.

http://www.csosortho.com/ulnar-collateral-ligament-sprain.html

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

He can DH through the 6th inning at least.   And it's not for more than say 70-80 games that he would get up in the pen.

Might as well think of all possible options.

Ok, so he DH's through the 6th inning.  Then they pinch hit for him in the 8th, and he is out of the game, thus not able to close.  Or he hits in the 8th and we take the lead in the 8th.  How does he get sufficiently warmed up to close?  Especially now with a damaged elbow?  It doesn't work.  

6 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

This sucks.  I was hoping to see Ohtani win Rookie of the Year, Trout win MVP, Richards win the Cy Young and either Maldonado or Simmons win the Platinum Glove.  Simmons is down, Ohtani is down, Richards is hit or miss.  

Time to wrap Trout in bubble wrap.  If he gets hurt, I give up. 

Barria could still win Rookie of the Year.

A grade 1 sprain is when the ligament is stretched, but not torn. A grade 2 sprain is a partial tear of the ligament and there are varying degrees of grade 2 sprains. In general, grade 1 and 2 sprains are treated with a period of no throwing followed by a rehabilitation program. This may take 8- 12 weeks or more.

Once we got the news about him having a grade I sprain in the offseason, it was only a matter of when regarding Ohtani's elbow. I was bracing myself for this news, just didn't expect it to happen this quickly

I really wish he'd just get the TJS now so it won't completely compromise his 2019 season, but I always understand players and teams trying every course of action they can prior to TJS

What a monumental blow to this team and their outlook this season

41 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Unfortunately this was one of the risks the Angels took when we signed him because he had this problem last year in Japan and he missed a lot of the season. So now he's down again with it..it can't bode well for the future. His track record is now bad and this could easily turn into a recurring thing with TJ surgery around the corner.

It was fun while it lasted but I'm very pessimistic about this.

Not really a risk considering how little they are paying him.

6 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

In a first-degree sprain, the ligament is not lengthened but is painful. With a second-degree sprain, the ligament is stretched but still functions. With a third-degree sprain, the ligament is torn and does not function.

http://www.csosortho.com/ulnar-collateral-ligament-sprain.html

Alright..I think I got it. So grade 1 sprain means he's a little parched and has a little dry mouth, but nothing crazy. Grade 2 sprain means he's seriously getting dehydrated...dude needs some serious Gatorate..maybe an IV. Next is a grade 3 sprain which means he died of thirst. 

We shall see where this goes.

1 minute ago, CubsFan said:

Yeah but he used to throw 102 mph.  So that's an 8 mph drop for him.

I'm not a doctor nor can I throw a baseball in a remote masculine manner, but throwing this hard can't exactly be healthy for an elbow, right?