• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FACK!! Ohtani has UCL grade 2 sprain

Chuck

Just now, CubsFan said:

Why does everybody have so many problems with their elbow on the Angels.  Really that rarely happens anywhere else.  There must be some reason.

I am guessing the Angels in the last 10 years are middle of the road for TJ surgeries.  But the last 3 years has been brutal.  Before Skaggs I don't remember the last major league pitcher on the Angels that had TJ surgery.  We probably went about 20 years without having a single pitcher need it.  Also look at the Rays this year.  

1 minute ago, CubsFan said:

Why does everybody have so many problems with their elbow on the Angels.  Really that rarely happens anywhere else.  There must be some reason.

Proof the Angels have more TJ surgeries of impact players than most other teams?

could also be a result of the team taking more risk with draft prospects to make up for a lackluster system the past 7 years or so.

1 minute ago, The Boogie Man said:

I am guessing the Angels in the last 10 years are middle of the road for TJ surgeries.  But the last 3 years has been brutal.  Before Skaggs I don't remember the last major league pitcher on the Angels that had TJ surgery.  We probably went about 20 years without having a single pitcher need it.  Also look at the Rays this year.  

https://mlbreports.com/tj-surgery/

2016 was bad year for the Angels. But yeah overall it averages out.

2 minutes ago, CubsFan said:

What? It's happening all around MLB. Look at the Rays this year as an example. THey've had about 4 starters get hurt this season

Prior to the past few seasons, I think the Angels had actually been pretty lucky with regards to pitcher health if I recall. I can't remember them having so many guys go down with TJS prior to 2015-2016

Unfortunately they're getting hit with wave after wave every single season now

Just now, bloodbrother said:

What? It's happening all around MLB. Look at the Rays this year as an example. THey've had about 4 starters get hurt this season

Prior to the past few seasons, I think the Angels had actually been pretty lucky with regards to pitcher health if I recall. I can't remember them having so many guys go down with TJS prior to 2015-2016

Could be because a lot of pitchers coming from Little League through High School throw a lot of innings year round leading up to them being drafted...add in time in the minors and you have a lot of mileage on an arm at a young age

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

The good news was 2017 was a good year.
The bad news it was because everyone was recovering from their 2016 TJ surgery.

Just now, mulwin444 said:

Could be because a lot of pitchers coming from Little League through High School throw a lot of innings year round leading up to them being drafted...add in time in the minors and you have a lot of mileage on an arm at a young age

This. That plus kids know the harder they throw the more $ they will receive when drafted. Radar guns were rarely used until the 1980s.

Let's see...

Rick Reichardt kidney problems, excellent closer Minnie Rojas paralyzed in auto accident, promising SS Mike Miley passing away in auto accident, Lyman Bostock murdered, bus crash in 1992, Nick Adenhart passing away from auto accident, once in generation player Pujols becoming just above average pretty quickly after coming here, Morales' freak injury derailing very good career, and now this plus others too numerous to mention!!!!     What other MLB franchise has gone through that much over the past 5+ decades?       

6 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Maybe the summer ball has gotten too common, too many innings too soon?   Splitters are rumored to affect the forearm, maybe they shouldn't be thrown so often? 

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Let's see...

Rick Reichardt kidney problems, Minnie Rojas auto accident, promising SS Mike Miley passing away in auto accident, Lyman Bostock murdered, bus crash in 1992, Nick Adenhart passing away from auto accident, once in generation player Pujols becomes just above average pretty quickly after coming here, Morales' freak injury derailing very good career, and now this plus others too numerous to mention!!!!     What other MLB franchise has gone through that much over the past 5+ decades?       

The Pujols signing had red flags from the start. 

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Let's see...

Rick Reichardt kidney problems, Minnie Rojas auto accident, promising SS Mike Miley passing away in auto accident, Lyman Bostock murdered, bus crash in 1992, Nick Adenhart passing away from auto accident, once in generation player Pujols becomes just above average pretty quickly after coming here, Morales' freak injury derailing very good career, and now this plus others too numerous to mention!!!!     What other MLB franchise has gone through that much over the past 5+ decades?       

Don’t forget Don Baylor (RIP) breaking his leg simply catching a ceremonial first pitch. 

3 minutes ago, YouthofToday said:

This. That plus kids know the harder they throw the more $ they will receive when drafted. Radar guns were rarely used until the 1980s.

My Dad was drafted into the Phillies system out of High School in 1967.  He said he only pitched High School ball and played other sports in the offseason like football or basketball so he thinks he got a bit of a break which helped the following season with "dead arm" phases.