• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FACK!! Ohtani has UCL grade 2 sprain

Chuck

12 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Terrible for Ohtani, Angels, and fans.  Everyone knew something was up when we noticed the gift wrapping on Ohtani. I’m hoping he’ll be back  by September.

111015-gift-wrapping-gif-8.gif?itok=RYvk

He’s young and he’s such a huge asset that I think they’re going to take the long term approach on this one. He’s had those injections before and they tried workload management in an attempt to avoid this from happening but his condition has worsened. He’s throws 101 mph so it’s just not that simple. 

21 minutes ago, Lou said:

how do you know?

Well he did have a diagnosed Grade 1 injury prior to signing with the Angels that he received treatment for. Now just a couple of months into the season he’s been diagnosed with a Grade 2. 

I just don’t think they’re going to bring him back this season. 

Additionally I think they knew more than they were sharing publicly. The recent workload management plan included skipping a start so he may have had some elbow soreness that they tried to calm down. In his last start he was all over the place. 

I like Ohtani so I hope he gets the best medical attention necessary to allow him to play successful baseball here for the long term. He’s pretty amazing. 

12 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Well he did have a diagnosed Grade 1 injury prior to signing with the Angels that he received treatment for. Now just a couple of months into the season he’s been diagnosed with a Grade 2. 

I just don’t think they’re going to bring him back this season. 

Additionally I think they knew more than they were sharing publicly. The recent workload management plan included skipping a start so he may have had some elbow soreness that they tried to calm down. In his last start he was all over the place. 

I like Ohtani so I hope he gets the best medical attention necessary to allow him to play successful baseball here for the long term. He’s pretty amazing. 

if they knew about any elbow soreness they wouldn't have started 

Just now, Lou said:

if they knew about any elbow soreness they wouldn't have started 

Well he did skip a start. Workload management can mean a lot different things. He’s a huge asset to this team so maybe they choose to manage his condition by trying some extra rest first. 

13 hours ago, OHTANILAND said:

Well he did skip a start. Workload management can mean a lot different things. He’s a huge asset to this team so maybe they choose to manage his condition by trying some extra rest first. 

The question is though did they have him skip a start because of some kind of elbow problem or did having him skip a start throw him off his routine and cause the elbow UCL.

2 hours ago, CubsFan said:

The question is though did they have him skip a start because of some kind of elbow problem or did having him skip a start throw him off his routine and cause the elbow UCL.

I kinda wondered about him throwing a 101 mph pitch right after that first rain delay in Detroit. His workload management schedule for pitching and hitting have been very inconsistent. I’m pretty sure that they’ve been watching his arm very closely since he put on an Angels uniform. 

Not sure what to make of it but if he needs to have TJ then he’s definitely going to miss out on some very important Trout years. 

Good article in one of @Chuckster70competitors the other day. Basically said that hitting puts little/no strain on the UCL.  Ohtani could DH out the rest of the year, then get the surgery, then come back and DH by the early part of next season. He wouldn't pitch again until 2020, but he wouldn't miss much time as a DH.